Which characters would you enjoy playing?

Kirby

Re: Which characters would you enjoy playing?

And, of course, the MC8 were made by a talented group of young hero gamers and presented in DH#13. Whoever these unsung geniuses are, I would be proud to play anyone of their creations

:whistle:

Probably the Sting.

As I've said before, the Millennium City Eight are among the most original, well rounded hero concepts I've ever seen, and all the abovementioned geniuses have a right to be proud of them. :thumbup:

I would probably choose Raaktor to play myself. A Neolithic era Neanderthal warrior-shaman as a modern superhero is the first truly unique concept I've seen for the genre in a long time. I love the contrast between his fearsome appearance and ferocious fighting style, and his contemplative, empathetic nature and spiritual wisdom.

Well, Kirby, something that didn't get the transition will be appearing in both King of the Mountain AND in Mind over Matter. So I promise you a big hard smack of the taste of the old school. I'll even go back to the original first edition names. I hated their revamp. Just think about what Deathstroke will be like with 20 years of experience points...Heh Heh Heh Heh Heh...

Oh. My megalomania. Excuse me.

Anyway, I always enjoy playing Defender and/or Nighthawk at conventions. I'll never forget Leah's final round a few years ago where someone else was playing Defender and I was playing Nighthawk and Defender shot an agent with a 12d6 EB and did 19 Body and 72 stun to him.

I just turned to the poor guy (Who I actually get along with great every year) and said, as Nighthawk "Glad to see you're coming around to my way of thinking!"

As for Bad guys? Well, I've always been curious as to why Holocaust isn't more dangerous than he is. Using the Rapid Attacking rules, he's an evil deity, practically. An 8 SPD and a 20d6 EB? He can mop the floor with the Champions all by himself. Just spread two dice and choose your targets carefully.

Oh, and Foxbat. Come on, guys! He's Foxbat! Would I really run and publish for you guys an adventure entitled "Foxbat for President" if I didn't love everyone's favorite dog/flying mammal?

Well' date=' Kirby, something that didn't get the transition will be appearing in both King of the Mountain AND in Mind over Matter. So I promise you a big hard smack of the taste of the old school.[/quote']:rockon::thumbup: (Now to figure out who this is!)

I'll even go back to the original first edition names.
Ooooh. [Mind blank]

Would I really run and publish for you guys an adventure entitled "Foxbat for President" if I didn't love everyone's favorite dog/flying mammal?
Now' date=' now, he doesn't fly, he glides. He just [i']thinks[/i] he's flying. ;)

Well' date=' Kirby, something that didn't get the transition will be appearing in both King of the Mountain AND in Mind over Matter. So I promise you a big hard smack of the taste of the old school. I'll even go back to the original first edition names. I hated their revamp. Just think about what [b']Deathstroke[/b] will be like with 20 years of experience points...Heh Heh Heh Heh Heh...

Oh. My megalomania. Excuse me.

:rockon::thumbup: (Now to figure out who this is!)

Ooooh. [Mind blank]

Call me crazy, but the name I bolded sounds suspiciously like a clue... ;)

Say, Battling One, assuming my assumption above is correct, will we be seeing Dr. Draconis as well?

I really liked the original Deathstroke myself, but I thought their "government by crooks who are at least honest about it" concept was quite original and a lot more could have been done with it. I played up that angle in a past campaign using Deathstroke, which did incorporate Scatterbrain and her dad from the revamp. If you want to sway people to your philosophy, a publicist and a mind-controller are good investments. :eg:

The overall silliness of the team revamp did bother me, but I favored the costume change. More teams should have an overall uniform look to reinforce their teamness. In my use of Deathstroke all their agents wore their own version of the "dagger" outfit.

Call me crazy' date=' but the name I bolded sounds suspiciously like a clue... ;)[/quote']

Oh, OK. I thought it was one that I had previously mentioned. I don't know anything about Deathstroke (and until now had thought it was an individual, not a group), but have read where people talked about Deathstroke with fondness.

Heroes

(1) Lightrune - classic Golden Age heroism and slick design

(2) Ivan The Magnificent / Great / Wonderful - what's not to love?

Villains

(1) Grond - roleplaying doesn't have to be Shakespeare, "Grond smash puny doll man! Grond rip smile off teensy face! Grond SMASH!!!!"

(2) The Crimson Claw - he appeals to my inner Hooded Claw, I just need a Penelope to play with :)

(3) Cateran - hey, I'm Scottish and she's a smasher :sneaky:

(4) The Fox Of Crime - it's that old-school Fred Quimby / Tex Avery thing

Doctor Draconis does not appear. He is not the mastermind. Doctor Draconis may get his own treatment later however. However, I promise you new Cyborg Ants and Cyborg Wasps. :)

Everything I write is based on what Steven Long tells me he has no plans for but that people want. It's a calculated marketing tool. That way, when I bring my universe out in full, it won't look anything like the CU, which will be very interesting and a kind of lower powered counterpoint to it.

Deathstroke appears because one of the threads in Mind over Matter is Stinger's research gone mad. (And yes, there are like Four threads that lead into it. This thing will weigh a ton when it's done.)

Just remember: The tag line on Mind over Matter is not Deathstroke. :) The tag line is "Who is the Psiconic Man, and what is his terrible secret?"

Legacies (My Champions Game) is a game of classics, sad truths about heroism, and awesome four color action.

Themes you can expect to see as more stuff rolls out:

1) The sins of the father are visited upon the son, even unto the 7th generation.

2) Those who ignore the lessons of history are doomed to repeat them.

3) Man created God in his own image.

4) The nature of heroism lies not in the power that a hero has, but the sacrifices that they make.

5) What do you STAND for? Who do you REPRESENT? I stand not for the world, but for it's people/I stand for the world and the people of it. Same thing, right? Wrong...:)

6) What makes a character iconic or mythological?

7) The nature of heroism is never the easy road.

Remember, it's a fictional world. But it's also the best damned thing I've ever done. And I'll go through hell to share it with y'all. Twenty years of GMing can't be wrong.

I think I speak for everyone when I say "Huh?"

Seems I'll have to do some searching for the context of this post, though - anything talking about "Stinger's research gone mad" grabs my attention pretty quick!

(Bugs! Yay! More bugs, Please!)

In 4th Edition, I would have liked to play Crusader (Four-Color version, not the DC version) or Starburst. In 5th Edition, I would play Defender. I created a hero called Defender when I was little, and have always had a sentimental attachment towards the name. (No powers, wore a black costume with a chest emblem--a white circle with a black "D" in the middle.)

For villains, Foxbat or Lazer would be fun to play, as would Hypnos. I always liked Bullet from the previous editions, too--the idea of a super-bounty hunter is an intriguing one, and I see nothing wrong with supers collecting rewards for stopping crime and bringing in criminals, provided a substantial portion of the reward is donated to charity. (Of course the thing about Bullet was that he didn't concern himself with protecting innocents or property. Collateral damage was a common occurrence for him and his Raiders.)