Which characters would you enjoy playing?

Kirby

Being curious, what official heroes and villains would you enjoy playing in a game? I'm not interested in which hero/villain is the most uber, but which one you would enjoy playing.

For heroes, I think either Cavalier or Dr. Silverback would be fun. And for villains, I'd enjoy The Monster or Taipan.

And then, there's always Foxbat!

Re: Which characters would you enjoy playing?

Unfortunately, my favourites didn't make the transition to the current edition.

With a little gentle tweaking, Seeker, Crusader and Starburst could all rock!

Villains: Shamrock. (Perfect). Red Shield (from Red Doom). (Challenging).

Heroes:

I'd probably have fun with Witchcraft (played as the emotional basket case I think she would be), Doctor Silverback (monkey jokes), or the white guy martial artist who replaced Seeker (lots of chances to angrily protest that I'm more than a Remo Williams knock off).

Villains: Viperia (cheerful, childish temper tantrums that smash city blocks), Grond (Hulk tribute moments), and maybe Menton if I were in a mood to be a real *******. Adrian Vandeleur would be fun as well, with a mix of genuine power and empty bluffs.

For heroes, I'll agree with Assault on Crusader's part ... still kinda use him to this day ;) Others that I would be tempted to use: Mongoose & Obsidian.

For villains, being the GM, I usually play the villains ... so my favs to play are: Foxbat, Genocide, Mechanon and big Doc D himself ;)

Heroes: Hmmm. Maybe Kinetik, old-school Fast Forward (I've got a thing fer speedsters), or Nighthawk.

Villains: King Cobra, Taipan, Hornet or his old-school self Stinger, or El Salto.

On both sides: Foxbat. Most definitely Foxbat. He'd be too much fun to pass up.

Among the current crop of heroes, Dr. Silverback (smart, funny, ladies' man, and a gorilla - 'nuff said), or Bulletproof from Galactic Champions (has both the "regular joe" and "fish out of water" archetypes going for him, two of my favorites). Old school, American Eagle of the Freedom Squad (a true elder statesman among superheroes), or Nuada of the Silver Hand (my favorite - I love mythic characters and tragic heroes).

Among current CU villains, Foxbat of course (probably needs no explanation), or Molnya from Champions Worldwide (the most stable and well-rounded mastermind in current continuity). Old school, Baron Jean de'Lear from The Mutant File (epic-scale ancient gothic vampire, with style and brilliance).

EDIT: I'm seeing a lot of Dr. Silverback and Foxbat support on this thread. :)

Heroes: Brother Thunder and Juryrig. Both out of Vibora Bay. They look like they'd be a ton of fun to play.

Villains: Takofanes. Undead, soul crushing power, and I get to ride around on a throne. I mean really. Rock And Roll! Morph - I like shapshifters, and she's a complete psychopath; what's not to like in a villain like that?

In no specific order:

Heroes: Crusader (Updated 4th Ed. Dark Champions Version); Mind Titan; Starburst could be a kick; Vincent Dimitrios.

Villians: Foxbat, Firewing, Fiacho, Gigaton, Grond.

If I had to pick one of each:

Vincent Dimitrios.

Firewing - though Foxbat tempts me (oh how he tempts me!).

As I said on another thread, Foxbat for sure :)

Firewing would also rock, particularly in a redemption storyline.

To release my inner #$#$##$? Probably either Menton or Hypnos... but it would be one of those stories where I would hope someone would end up taking my character out at the end of the day or I'd need to shower after.

Out of the already heroes? Any of the Champions themselves actually have potential. I'd probably be tempted most by Ironclad since hey, I'd actually get to play an alien ("But I'm not bitter!") ;)

And, of course, the MC8 were made by a talented group of young hero gamers and presented in DH#13. Whoever these unsung geniuses are, I would be proud to play anyone of their creations

:whistle:

Probably the Sting.

Let's see ... Dr. Silverback is a must. I do my best John Cleese impersonation for some reason when I use him.

Ironclad could be fun ... bricks can be OH so cathartic. :)

Say it with me: "Grond Smash!!!"

Now that's therapy. :D

Unfortunately' date=' my favourites didn't make the transition to the current edition.[/quote'] :( Most every character or team I enjoyed didn't make the transition to 4th. Foxbat did, though I've never played him. And while Grond "made the cut" they didn't make him as big a threat as he was in 4th Ed. (Although, I did get to play Grond in a short-lived PBeM that Douglas P. Wjtowics [darned if I can't remember his screen name] was also in.)

Some heroes I did enjoy playing were Seeker, Quantum, Crusader (as a GM, I gave him the "Way of the Shield" martial arts), Jaguar, and Akimashibaru (WotD). I don't *think* there were any other heroes that I played or wanted to (though, I'm sure if I went back, I could find some).

Some villains I either enjoyed playing as GM or would like to have been able to play in a villain game: "Ack Ack" McCleary, Betelgeuse, Ronin, and Wraith (all from Enemies for Hire), Snapdragon (Enemies: The International File), Pantera, Thunder and Lightning, Black Paladin, Grond, and Rainbow Archer (all from Classic Enemies).

Groups that I enjoyed running were VOICE and The Seven Horseman, with Destruction being my favorite of the bunch (but I wouldn't mind Lung Hung).

Taurus and Capricorn of the Zodiac Conspiracy. Taurus is very urbane and extremely well-educated, an excellent example of a thinking villain. He sounds just like George Sanders. Capricorn is sophisticated, romantic, a lost soul with a frivolous attitude that hides his pain. He is very soft-spoken with an undefinable accent. Both have been major NPCs in my campaign for many years.

As for heroes? I don't use them for more than background to a story.

Taurus and Capricorn of the Zodiac Conspiracy. Taurus is very urbane and extremely well-educated' date=' an excellent example of a thinking villain.[/quote']Zodiac! How did I forget about them? :confused: While I'd like to play Taurus as well, I'd prefer Leo over Capricorn.

I don't have a large stable to pick through, myself (what's a good book for tons of NPCs, anyways?) -- but for heroes from Champions and Champions Universe, I've gotta say Kinetik looks like a pretty cool guy. As far as bad guys go, I don't know why, but Green Dragon has always struck me as a neat character (it's hard to go wrong with kung fu guys).

I don't have a large stable to pick through' date=' myself (what's a good book for tons of NPCs, anyways?) -- [/quote']For villains, CKC has nearly 100. Champions Worldwide has some good ones (and some very scary ones - The Black Death) but the art is...wanting (if it's even there).

As far as bad guys go' date=' I don't know why, but Green Dragon has always struck me as a neat character (it's hard to go wrong with kung fu guys).[/quote']Ah, Green Dragon! I shall rep you for this. It reminds me of a time when I was running a campaign and my roommate helped me when I did "background battles." I was running Green Dragon (250 pt version)and he was running some NPC brick. I had Green Dragon fight defensively and he was nickeling and diming the brick down and the brick hadn't hit him once. My roommate was frustrated and knew that Green Dragon would win if this was kept up. He had the brick do a Haymaker (possibly pushed), so I had Green Dragon dodge. He needed a 3 to hit GD with his Martial Dodge. We were sitting on the floor and I can remember laughing to the point where I rolled onto my back (a literal rofl). Low and behold, he rolled a 3. He rolled damage. Green Dragon was at GM's option before KB took place. Oh, but it was funny! (I think he broke the villain!)

I don't have a large stable to pick through' date=' myself (what's a good book for tons of NPCs, anyways?)[/quote']

As Kirby said, Conquerors, Killers And Crooks is the primary villain collection for Fifth Edition Champions, and Champions Worldwide has a lot of characters both villainous and heroic from outside the United States, with a range of power levels. The recent Evil Unleashed compiles villains who have appeared in many previous 5E releases into one book. Everyman is a volume full of "normal" NPCs suitable to inclusion as background and resources in a superheroic campaign.