Speaks loudly AND carries a big stick

Boll Weevil

:help: Captain Cockroach is a member of The Abnormals, my longest-running campaign super group. He is nigh-invulnerable. That is his shtick. He has a moderately high STR but not brick-high. His only offensive capability is a questionite baseball bat. Where he got it is the topic for another time 

After 20+ years of wielding the bat, I think it is time to spend some points, fire up the Danger Room, and develop some bat-wielding martial maneuvers. I am very comfortable with building martial arts in Herodesigner but I would really be interested to know if anyone had already made such a suite of maneuvers. Since the good capt’n is mostly crunchy I am not as interested in defensive maneuvers. If there is a universal maxim in the Abnormals/CU universe it is that Captain Cockroach does not Dodge.

I have a few supplements too (although not the UMA) if you know of a published character who already has MA based around a club or baseball bat I will go have a look-see. Anyone?

Re: Speaks loudly AND carries a big stick

Let's see, off the top of my head:

Homerun Swing: Offensive Strike

Jab (with end of bat): Defensive Strike

Choking up (hands spread a bit, like a short butt stroke) : Fast Strike

Bat in the Shins: Legsweep

Bat Parry: Martial Block

Bat Arm Bar: I don't have UMA or the old Ninja Hero handy, but basically using the bat to put someone in an armbar and pin them face first, either on the ground or a handy wall.

Bat Shove: Martial Shove (or whatever the shove move is from UMA), basically hold the bat horizontally in front and step forward, thrusting the bat at someone to push them back.

Of course, all of the above could apply to riot batons, except Offensive Strike and Fast Strike would be outside of normal baton SOPs. =)

• 9 months later...

Well...I'd suggest all the sacrifice moves....

Sac strike

Sac disarm

Sac throw

Is more needed?, Smack!, Drop it!, and shin buster! sounds like a whole MA to me...

Sorry for the thread necromancy but I don't know how I missed this post. I don't have the UMA (Oprah UMA, UMA Oprah) and can't find any sufficient detail in FrED: What purpose does the "sacrifice" have in these maneuvers? I know the Sac throw leaves me prone too. I would prefer for Cap'n C to perform these while remaining standing and not losing his bat. How do these work, then?

Sorry for the thread necromancy but I don't know how I missed this post. I don't have the UMA (Oprah UMA' date=' UMA Oprah) and can't find any sufficient detail in FrED: What purpose does the "sacrifice" have in these maneuvers? I know the Sac throw leaves me prone too. I would prefer for Cap'n C to perform these while remaining standing and not losing his bat. How do these work, then?[/quote']

The sacrifice manuevers generally trade DCV for OCV, unlike all the other Martial arts maneuvers out there.

Sac Strike is +1 OCV -2 DCV +4d6

Sac Disarm is +2 OCV -2 DCV +10 STR to disarm

Sac Throw is +2 OCV +1 DCV Both fall