I'm in charge!

TheJudge

How would you go about consrtucting a power that allows the character the ability to ask anyody anything and they do it even if talk to a crowd inperson or via any form of multimedia (tv, radio, internet)? Also it could turn those same people into persuasive converts for character points of view.

My way or the high way! 4d6 mind control 0 end, cumlative x 16 area effect, mega scale enough to cover earth, sticky, continueous, uncontrolled, penetrating x 2, Armor p x2.

Yes no maybe? and how much would all that cost?

Re: I'm in charge!

It ain't cheap. Sticky is not a valid advantage on Mental Powers unless based on CON.

185 I'm in charge!: Mind Control 4d6, Cumulative (+1/2), Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2), Uncontrolled (+1/2), Indirect (Any origin, any direction; +3/4), Penetrating (x2; +1), Armor Piercing (x2; +1), Continuous (+1), MegaScale (1" = 1,000 km; +1), Can Be Scaled Down 1" = 1km (+1/4), Area Of Effect (120" Radius; +1 3/4) (185 Active Points) - END=0

Mind control is Line Of Sight so covering the whole Earth is pretty pointless unless you want them ALL doing the same thing. Add in selective and some way to target people you can't see directly.

I had a villain called The Rat King who kinda did this schtick (although it was all of Cornwall, not all the world, and I did it with a small Ego drain, with a +0 advantage 'Ego drain only affects target for purposes of resisting commands from drainer'.

In essence , having negative Ego makes you susceptible to commands, so this is an alternative 'non-mind control' way you could consider.

I think HM has pretty much nailed what I would've done in this situation, based on what you're asking for. I don't know that I would allow this power (GAME BREAKER) but hey; not my game. What Cumulative & Sticky mean on mind control is that you're going to take over the world. Period, game over, you win. Even with MenDef you won't last long.

As GM, there's no way I would allow this; however, if you were to take Cumulative out, and pump up the dice, you could easily rule that most Normals don't have a chance and allow the character to zombify, say, the whole of London in moments.

I think HM has pretty much nailed what I would've done in this situation, based on what you're asking for. I don't know that I would allow this power (GAME BREAKER) but hey; not my game. What Cumulative & Sticky mean on mind control is that you're going to take over the world. Period, game over, you win. Even with MenDef you won't last long.

As GM, there's no way I would allow this; however, if you were to take Cumulative out, and pump up the dice, you could easily rule that most Normals don't have a chance and allow the character to zombify, say, the whole of London in moments.

Even with cumulative points have to get in to accumulate so a mental def that stops the effect would make you immune but normals and those with none to very low mental def would be vunerable.

Even with cumulative points have to get in to accumulate so a mental def that stops the effect would make you immune but normals and those with none to very low mental def would be vunerable.

Did you miss this part?

Penetrating (x2; +1), Armor Piercing (x2; +1)

...even with cumulative, the maximum effect is 24 points on 4d6. Anyone with 25 or better EGO is unaffected and, whilst you can probably manage EGO+10 on most normals, an awful lot of Hero characters are only going to be at EGO level command.

Like I said - easily solved - you just add in multiples for the cumulative advantage: for an extra 10 points you can get to a total of 96!

That's just wrong isn't it: I feel a new thread coming on...

You always do, Sean. My point being, this is a game breaker (as HM pointed out -- thanks as always for the backup Mr. Man). It's a matter of what you want the player to accomplish, but this power (because of sticky) will Take Over the World (anyone touching the character receives the effect). I wouldn't allow it. Although it's a great way to build diseases.

How would you go about consrtucting a power that allows the character the ability to ask anyody anything and they do it even if talk to a crowd inperson or via any form of multimedia (tv, radio, internet)? Also it could turn those same people into persuasive converts for character points of view.

My way or the high way! 4d6 mind control 0 end, cumlative x 16 area effect, mega scale enough to cover earth, sticky, continueous, uncontrolled, penetrating x 2, Armor p x2.

Yes no maybe? and how much would all that cost?

Its my own design

Its my own remorse

Help me to decide

Help me make the most

Of freedom and of pleasure

Nothing ever lasts forever

Everybody wants to rule the world

• 2 weeks later...

10pts Perk: rules the world at one end

the other is

KS: Things other people know which i could ask them 25 or less

and then a ranged summon with only people, lots of points, and slavishly devoted. Then there is no resistance, and you can make anoyne slavishly devoted to you by summoning them at range to the place they are. then just add n-ray vision and some fun megascale

Very high PRE, the full list of PRE skills all at 24- or better, PS: Propagandist at 24-, us the Ultimate Skill rules on Interaction skills if you're not comfortable winging it, and a fair list of Perks to reflect the number of people willing to do just about anything for the character (Contacts, Followers, Bases, Wealth, etc). Avoids most of the complications of trying to build this with powers. The "charismatic advocate" bit is down to the converted genuinely believing in the cause and trying to persuade others with pamphlets, videos, etc.