Another wacky crossover went through my mind.

Badger

Re: Another wacky crossover went through my mind.

LOTR would be a so much shorter story if the eagles had shown up before the hobbits left the Shire... Or there were halfling attack helicopters.. Or Frodo had been found as an infant by Bilbo in a crater in a farm field surrounded by strange, green-glowing meteor fragments.

And how would Thulsa Doom fair in a throw-down with Saruman? I'm pretty sure the Balrog would easily roast any 60' serpent for dinner, if we're comparing epic monsters.. The Dreaming God, though, might stand a chance. I'm not sure how Conan's current forces (The California National Guard?) would do against the armies of Mordor, but it'd be worth it to see that army of ghosts go up against the Black Ships on surfboards and seadoos.

I'm pretty sure Valeria would win.

Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Valeria and Eowyn would probably be a pretty close match. But I'd rather it be swords than claws - frankly, catfights do nothing for me.

Alternatively, Conan is one of the pirates coming up the river. He manages to escape the army of the dead and makes it to shore a few miles downstream, having lost most of his gear and all of the loot he's gained over the past few months with the reavers, and gets involved in some side-adventure largely if not totally unrelated to the War of the Ring.