Hero Magazines

JmOz

OK, I'm making a list, and checking it twice...

How many Magazines about hero have there been? and how many issues did it go?

I have:

Adventure club: 1-27

EZ Hero: 1-12

Digital Hero: 1-42

Herozine: 1-17 (?)

Cloberin Time: 1-67

Clobering Time Online: 1-13

Haymaker: 1-44

What else has there been?

Re: Hero Magazines

We including magazines that purely had an article or two? Because I know in the old days' date=' Dragon did a thing or two, and Game Trade did that special on The Hulk where Darren did his HERO stats.[/quote']

Different Worlds regularly had Supers-focused issues that would include Champions articles (I recall X-Men, Teen Titans and DNAgents writeups).

Different Worlds regularly had Supers-focused issues that would include Champions articles (I recall X-Men' date=' Teen Titans and DNAgents writeups).[/quote']

There's an index to Different Worlds here: http://www.glorantha.com/products/index-dw.txt

Likewise, there were plenty of reviews and articles in Space Gamer, an index for which can be found here: http://grognard.com/info/sg.txt

Thing is' date=' JmOz said magazines [b']about[/b] Hero. Those others, while carrying some Hero content, were not about Hero.

Oh absolutely, but since folks like myself who enjoy digging around for odd articles in old magazines might look into this thread it seemed a good place to add a link, particularly as Different Worlds had already been mentioned. I'm the door-to-door salesman of RPG threads, wedging my size elevens in the door the moment I see an opening :D

I've been doing a bit of hunting for Hero fanzines, but surprisingly I'm not finding a lot. The British fanzine "industry" was madly active in the eighties, but either Hero got missed or else there seems to be little record on the Internet.

Oh absolutely' date=' but since folks like myself who enjoy digging around for odd articles in old magazines might look into this thread it seemed a good place to add a link, particularly as [i']Different Worlds[/i] had already been mentioned. I'm the door-to-door salesman of RPG threads, wedging my size elevens in the door the moment I see an opening :D

I've been doing a bit of hunting for Hero fanzines, but surprisingly I'm not finding a lot. The British fanzine "industry" was madly active in the eighties, but either Hero got missed or else there seems to be little record on the Internet.

I would love it if I could find these old E-Zines as .pdfs

AS for including others, please go ahead and talk about them, I plan on updating the main list with only onces centered around Hero, but use the thread to talk about any of them you wish