[Movie] Day Watch

ghost-angel

Because I'm lazy I'm not bothering to find the original thread that had the discussion on Night Watch and Day Watch.

Day Watch (sequal to Night Watch) will be out in the US in June 1 (couldn't find if it was a national release or selected theaters).

Trailer

Night Watch is an Urban Fantasy movie par excellence, Day Watch appears it will continue to deliver.

Re: [Movie] Day Watch

Because I'm lazy I'm not bothering to find the original thread that had the discussion on Night Watch and Day Watch.

Day Watch (sequal to Night Watch) will be out in the US in June 1 (couldn't find if it was a national release or selected theaters).

Trailer

Night Watch is an Urban Fantasy movie par excellence, Day Watch appears it will continue to deliver.

awesome!

The shot in the trailer with the car on the building - right there that out cooled any SFX the matrix had to throw at you.

One of the things I like about Night Watch (and the 2.5 minutes I've seen of Day Watch) is that you can see normal people around them with a kind of WTF look as really bizarre things go on (in the trailer the couple just standing there when the bus is stopped...)

And the hereoes aren't all superfit supermodels in skintight armor. People who haven't shaved in three days with paunches and shabby clothes can save the world too (or destroy it...)

My wife and I watched Night Watch late at night. I would recommend that you make sure you are awake and alert when you watch it because it requires some brain power to follow along. I think I'm going to have to NetFlix it again as well and rewatch it before I see this one. From what I understand this is a 3 part series.

My wife and I watched Night Watch late at night. I would recommend that you make sure you are awake and alert when you watch it because it requires some brain power to follow along. I think I'm going to have to NetFlix it again as well and rewatch it before I see this one. From what I understand this is a 3 part series.

Yes, it is.

The first two movies actually cover the first book.

• 2 weeks later...

Liked it quite a bit. All the moving around of the camera might make you dizzy though. Effects are great! The story is good, especially how they go about politicking between good an evil, I think it's funny in weird sort of way.

However make sure you have seen night watch first or you will not understand a lot of what is happening. Especially at the end. I cant waight for twilight or what ever #3 is going to be called.

It only opened in limited release in the US this weekend but the Mrs and I are itching to see it. The third novel is called Dusk Watch and the fourth Final Watch although I only ever hear the movies discussed as a trilogy.

UH:confused:! I heard it was a trilogy too. Any reference you can point me to for the info on the other 2 movies?

• 2 weeks later...

Just out of curiosity, how successful is this movie and how much exposure is it getting in the States/UK?

(There are some pretty funny Russian inside jokes in the film -- for instance, when the Day Watch is calling up lists of, I think it was, Others they were monitoring on the computer, the goggle-eyed guy who pops up on the screen is Boris Moiseev*, who is an, um, flamboyantly gay Russian pop singer who refers to himself as a "child of sin.").)

*This guy: http://www.gayrussia.ru/en/entertainment/detail.php?ID=3587

Its going to be in all the major theaters here in Cancun Mexico. There is really only ONE big movie chain and it is going to ave it in all of its theaters.

I didn't think it would make it as Night watch never did.

Its going to be in all the major theaters here in Cancun Mexico. There is really only ONE big movie chain and it is going to ave it in all of its theaters.

I didn't think it would make it as Night watch never did.

There's a computer game based on DW and probably one on NW as well. I'd be interested in finding out if it ever gets marketed outside the FSU.

Which theater?

Bill.

(Want to see!)

The Mayan (1st and Broadway).

Lemme know if you guys come down to see it. I'd love to go again at a more comfortable theater.

The preview showing was at the Esquire, which if you've never been is some ancient two screen whose biggest disadvantage is no sloped floor so the audience kept ducking around each other to read the subtitles. And the seats suck.

There's a computer game based on DW and probably one on NW as well. I'd be interested in finding out if it ever gets marketed outside the FSU.

I saw a friend playing a terribly dubbed version of DW game. Don't know how he got it though. Also crashed a lot so it was probably a ripoff.

I saw a friend playing a terribly dubbed version of DW game. Don't know how he got it though. Also crashed a lot so it was probably a ripoff.

Mexico's got the same mass IP privacy problems as Russia does, doesn't it? My almost certainly pirated copy of A Bard's Tale is totally unplayable, it crashes so often.