Armed Forces write ups

Mystendanian

In my campaign, I am having villains attack some army bases. Does anyone know where I can find write ups of armed forces personnel? Both basic soldiers and special ops (green beret, seals, rangers, etc) would be awesome.

If there is no such thing, then this is my petition to Hero to make a "Hero Military" suppliment.

Re: Armed Forces write ups

Note that the writeup for soldiers can depend a lot on what genre you are running in. If you're playing a Dark Champions game or a gritty street-level Champions game, then soldiers can be a real threat (especially special ops types) and will tend to get more skills, slightly better stats, and better equipment, and will see those skills, stats, and equipment reflected more in play. In fact, in such a game, being a special forces soldier is a valid origin story.

If, on the other hand, you're playing worldbeater-level supers, a lot of the time GMs treat the armed forces as an afterthought or a joke relative to the PC's power level, so their stats, skills, and equipment gets de-emphasized so that the PCs can easily mow through soldiers by the hundreds if they choose.

Dark Champions has a nice section on modern day package deals' date=' including military, espionage, and crime fighting. Also lots of guns. Tanks and other vehicles can be found in The Ultimate Vehicle.[/quote']

What he said. If you're planning to build military bases, you should get Dark Champions and the Ultimate Vehicle. Then all you need are some maps of bases and some info on how much of what you might find there (i.e. how many soldiers on the base, how many tanks, trucks, and/or helicopters they may have, how many of them are "elite" etc.)

Lucius Alexander

You'll never see the palindromedaries, so don't worry about them...

I'd use the "Master Villain's Agent (Skilled)"stats from Champions p. 177 with the equipment changed. More elite soldiers could be based on the Master Villain's Agent (Competent) on the next page.

In my campaign, I am having villains attack some army bases. Does anyone know where I can find write ups of armed forces personnel? Both basic soldiers and special ops (green beret, seals, rangers, etc) would be awesome.

If there is no such thing, then this is my petition to Hero to make a "Hero Military" suppliment.

Hey Ogilvie. Ask Gallaway if you can borrow a few of his books. :D