For the Adam West Hold Outs

Certified

Re: For the Adam West Hold Outs

!Mucho Impressivo! :thumbup:

I wonder to whom it belongs? I would think that whoever owns it would have their own webpage talking about how much work they put into it, with tons of photos detailing every step of the process. Maybe even a few pics of the owner posing by it wearing an Adam West-style Bat-costume.

Robin: "Atomic batteries to power...turbine to speed."

Batman: "Ready to move out."

*SFX* Turbine flare and squealing tires.

*MUSIC* "Transitional Twist" stinger into Batman theme music

CREDITS OVER Stock footage of Batmobile driving from the Batcave to Gotham City Police Headquarters.

Yeah, it's a sweet ride -- but did you ever notice the nosedive it always did under braking in the live drive shots in the show? :) Such yummy fanboy goodness.

Matt "Drooling-Yvonne-Craig-and-Julie-Newmar-fanboy-for-all-these-years" Frisbee

!Mucho Impressivo! :thumbup:

I wonder to whom it belongs? I would think that whoever owns it would have their own webpage talking about how much work they put into it, with tons of photos detailing every step of the process. Maybe even a few pics of the owner posing by it wearing an Adam West-style Bat-costume.

It's clearest in this picture the emblem was changed to say Soul Factory. If you are in Georgia it's a club on Memorial Drive about 2 miles outside 285. I don't know how the Batmobile translates to night club but who am I to complain? Whoever did the work had an incredible eye for detail and weather it was an employee at the Soul Factory or they just bought it made me all smiley to get that close.

The funny thing is there was no one claiming it, as we led the charge of the geek brigade from the comic ship in the next strip mall over no one coming in or out of the club said anything about it. I looked for something on the club but the outside of a news article didn't see a website for them.

Anyway, it was an amazing piece of work and hopefully it will be there next time I'm up at the Dragon's Horde.Glad to see others get as much of a kick out of this on as I did.

For the truly (obsessively?) dedicated fan, according to a recent Car and Driver magazine (July 07), there is at least one company that will build you a BatMobile. They are based on 70's Lincolns and the cost goes up with how accurate you want to get. They start at about $90K, and climb quickly as you want more of the BatToys.

http://www.caranddriver.com/features/13107/batmobile.html

For the truly (obsessively?) dedicated fan, according to a recent Car and Driver magazine (July 07), there is at least one company that will build you a BatMobile. They are based on 70's Lincolns and the cost goes up with how accurate you want to get. They start at about $90K, and climb quickly as you want more of the BatToys.

http://www.caranddriver.com/features/13107/batmobile.html

C/D TEST RESULTS:

Zero to 60 mph: 13.9 sec

Street start, 5–60 mph: 12.9 sec

Standing ¼-mile: 19.5 sec @ 70 mph

Braking, 70–0 mph: 415 ft

:sick: :sick: :sick:

Holy Limping Lumps, Batman!

25kivd2.gif

The performance part is the easiest to fix. Pull the 400, put in a 460, with a four barrel carb, headers, decent intake, you can pull the 0-60 down to sub 8 seconds probably. I would be a little leery of too much speed in that car, just because of all the stuff hanging on, that all costs big bucks, and looks delicate. The braking is not too difficult either, there are several excess race parts outlets in North and South Carolina that will hook you up with NASCAR brakes that should bolt up to the Lincoln chassis.

The poor (to put it mildly) performance is part of the price of starting with a 70's car to begin with. Also, as I understand it, Batmobiles from all eras (TV, the 1988 movie, etc) have been barely mobile under their own power. I heard that the 1988 Batmobile was so flexible it couldn't be driven at road speeds (full size Chevy wagon chassis, stretched to the enormous wheelbase of the Michael Keaton Batmobile). If you can drive a Batmobile around town, performance may not be the big draw. As the article said, "All is forgiven when you turn on the Bat-Siren, or answer the Bat-Phone."

• 3 weeks later...