Weird request

JmOz

• 4 weeks later...

Re: Weird request

The actor is rarely the character. :)

As to Fonzie, I'd guess a STR 13, DEX of 14 and 3 Overall levels. Dex 8 or 11 street thugs wouldn't be able to land a punch often enough to matter. Throw in a 1d6 "Street Fighting" HA and he'd do fine.

And that's without the Power of the Thumb. ;)

Three Overall Levels? No offense, OddHat, but does he have that many?

I mean, that kinda pushes him into what I'd consider to be Doc Savage/G-8 territory. Of course, the Fonz could be descended from one or the other of them (if we want to use Wold Newton as an explanation for his amazing skills).

Three Overall Levels? No offense, OddHat, but does he have that many?

I mean, that kinda pushes him into what I'd consider to be Doc Savage/G-8 territory. Of course, the Fonz could be descended from one or the other of them (if we want to use Wold Newton as an explanation for his amazing skills).

Depends on how you want to build him. ;)

That said, I like three Overall levels for a Fonzie type in order to let him move long tasks one step down the time chart (which requires three overall levels). Tweak the SFX slightly for Thumb/Fist/Snap magic. For instance, say seduction to cause a pretty girl to drop her date and come over to spend some time with you would normally take a minimum of one turn of conversation; Fonzie applies his three levels, and moves it down to a one phase snap of his fingers. Or the GM rules that a mechanics roll to start a jukebox without inserting cash is a one turn action; Fonzie applies those three overall levels, smacks the box with his fist (sfx), makes his mechanics roll, and in a single phase he has his music.

Cinematic and goofy, but fun. :)

You're welcome' date=' and thanks, hope it helps, feel free to ask me anything about it. By the way, one of the most common player additions, which I might recommend as well, is a Change Environment on mechanical gadgets (simulating the "kick the dispenser, get a soda" - although you can also do that as the SFX of his gadgeteering, which is how I personally play it).[/quote']

I'm very tempted to start a poll.

It would go a little something like this...

Is zornwil a Hero System AI? Yes/No.

I'm serious, what can't it pull out of lizardy hindquarters!?!