Weird request

JmOz

Guest Goradin

Re: Weird request

Henry Winkler, in real life looks to have a 8 STR as I see it. No way Fonz is that low but I bet Fonzie would have got owned in a street fight in real life.

Henry Winkler' date=' in real life looks to have a 8 STR as I see it. No way Fonz is that low but I bet Fonzie would have got owned in a street fight in real life.[/quote']

The actor is rarely the character. :)

As to Fonzie, I'd guess a STR 13, DEX of 14 and 3 Overall levels. Dex 8 or 11 street thugs wouldn't be able to land a punch often enough to matter. Throw in a 1d6 "Street Fighting" HA and he'd do fine.

And that's without the Power of the Thumb. ;)

I personally would give him about 25 PRE, a big Reputation Perk, Brawling Martial Arts, and a Transform Power representing his nigh-magical ability to get anything mechanical to work just by hitting it in the right way.

And don't forget Persuasion and Seduction with lots and lots of levels in the latter.... "Some people are good lovers; some are good fighters. I happen to be both." [And all the girls in the audience scream.]

Fonzie has some superskills, like his ability to kick or thump a piece of machinery and have it spring to life. I'm not sure how I'd define, that, though. Maybe several dice of Luck?

He also has a very high CON for dance marathons, a high PRE to scare off rivals and resist their threats, a high EGO to counter the effects of the freeze attack of Mork from Ork, and, of course, that COM that makes the ladies line up for his attentions.

He has all the PRE-based skills, Streetwise, Persuasion, Seduction, Oratory, the works.

He has a high-enough Mechanics roll that he can rebuild his motorcycle even though suffering a massive penalty for temporary blindness (offset by taking him time to do it, of course).

He might have a few dice of Unluck, since once in a while he embarrasses himself, like when he excused himself from a relationship with a deaf woman, saying to her, "And you want to be with this bozo because he's deaf?" "I'm not deaf," the man interjects.

Disads include his aversion to liver, his weakness for women, Hunted by various rivals seeking to unseat him as the coolest guy in Milwaukee, his overwhelming devotion to principles of fairness and decency, and being protective of his friends. He has various DNPCs, as well, people in his life for whom he regularly must come to the rescue.

Hi, I saw JmOz tried to PM me, so I did a search figuring it might have been triggered by something, there's a problem right now with the link to the online file where it resides but I'll attach it here. Please bear in mind it was constructed with cons in mind and leaves a little open for additional player input (he's such an iconic character, along with a few others, that I prefer to leave it a bit open if players desire to tweak, plus frankly in the game I run it's not as if points efficiency is that critical).

The weakness to liver mentioned above is neat, by the way. I probably still won't add it because as a disad for a one-shot it's too minimal, but I need to revisit this and add more detail, anyway.

Hi, I saw JmOz tried to PM me, so I did a search figuring it might have been triggered by something, there's a problem right now with the link to the online file where it resides but I'll attach it here. Please bear in mind it was constructed with cons in mind and leaves a little open for additional player input (he's such an iconic character, along with a few others, that I prefer to leave it a bit open if players desire to tweak, plus frankly in the game I run it's not as if points efficiency is that critical).

The weakness to liver mentioned above is neat, by the way. I probably still won't add it because as a disad for a one-shot it's too minimal, but I need to revisit this and add more detail, anyway.

Thank you Mon ami

yes this is what I was PMing you about, very nice

You're welcome, and thanks, hope it helps, feel free to ask me anything about it. By the way, one of the most common player additions, which I might recommend as well, is a Change Environment on mechanical gadgets (simulating the "kick the dispenser, get a soda" - although you can also do that as the SFX of his gadgeteering, which is how I personally play it).

PS...I should add, that the context I run the game this PC is in is on the non-granular "more cinematic" side with somewhat broad interpretations/usages of skills and such. I believe it still stays very HERO (OddHat or RJCurrie could chime in here, I take no offense at a dissenting opinion, as they've both played in it), but just wanted you to know that's why it's not a more sort of anal, granular take. That said, there's nothing wrong with the more granular approach. I just wanted to give more context, as I was reflecting that different design tastes/purposes can so easily clash or be misunderstood.

Assuming you tinker it to taste, I would appreciate seeing your final result.

You're welcome' date=' and thanks, hope it helps, feel free to ask me anything about it. By the way, one of the most common player additions, which I might recommend as well, is a Change Environment on mechanical gadgets (simulating the "kick the dispenser, get a soda" - although you can also do that as the SFX of his gadgeteering, which is how I personally play it).[/quote']

Was going to add a 15 point MP for it =) (Mind control vs machine class, a healing power, etc...)

PS...I should add, that the context I run the game this PC is in is on the non-granular "more cinematic" side with somewhat broad interpretations/usages of skills and such. I believe it still stays very HERO (OddHat or RJCurrie could chime in here, I take no offense at a dissenting opinion, as they've both played in it), but just wanted you to know that's why it's not a more sort of anal, granular take. That said, there's nothing wrong with the more granular approach. I just wanted to give more context, as I was reflecting that different design tastes/purposes can so easily clash or be misunderstood.

Assuming you tinker it to taste, I would appreciate seeing your final result.

simultanious posting, cool...

Anyways it is actualy to be used as a starting point for a PC one of my players wanted, basicaly part of his description was wanting a character "sort of" like the Fonze, I will talk to him next weekend (I was suppose to this weeked but got called into work) aout how to go from it...

Not really, because she functions as an NPC and so it's more like a sketch-character sheet, along with the basics that she's nearly-nearly as good as the Fonz. I was looking for it to see how rudimentary it was and couldn't put my hands on it at themoment but am at work (on a trip to HQ in Germany, so it's a normal hour here) so didn't want to spend much time. Anyway, I don't think it's anything of value to share.