It Has Arrived!

Steve Long

Originally posted by Le Schtroumpf

Good god. How the smurph do you expect someone 3 apples high to carry this mother around? Took 4 of us to get it back to the village.

I didn't know Smurfs roleplayed. Who GMs and do the adventures all involve walking a long ways in a single file line?

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Bazza

I found out yesterday that I may have to wait minimum of 3 weeks for my copy of FH to arrive. My FLGS receives its Diamond orders fortnightly and FH is not coming in next weekend with the shipment. :(

Ouch. We get Diamond weekly and it is this weeks shipment for us. So Wednesday, I will be hoping for a really slow day so I can read this huge tome. :D

FH now even in Canada!

I was amazed that a nice big-assed FANTASY HERO book was waiting for me last Friday and I'm in Canada where we usually have to wait a month or so after you Yanks get it ;)

Whatever you did this time around keep on doing it.

Besides the speed of it's arrival the immensity of the book is staggeringly impressive even after having printed out the playtest.

And the contents are top-notch.

An all around great job, kudos to Steve and the rest of the HERO Games staff who worked so hard to bring us all such a valuable work -- THANKS!

A few years back I thought that 5th ed would never come to be and Fantasy Hero would fade into the mists of gaming history, I can't express how glad I am that DOJ came along to bring Fantasy Hero back to life for both a newand and old generation of gamers!

THANKS again ad infinitum!

Impressive!

On the downside I liked the cover art and some of the proffessional packages from the 4th ed. Fantasy hero better, but that's just me.

On the upside it's just one BIG and VERY GOOD book!

I believe I saw something somewhere on the boards where Steve Long replied to someone's inquiery about the mass combat rules by saying they were pretty basic and not intended to be a waregame. I for one think Steve was selling himself short when he made that statement. It's been about 10 or 15 years since I played a AD&D 2nd ed. campaign featureing several conflicts using something called BattleSytem to do mass combat between armies. From what I can remember of BattleSystem I think that the system for mass combat put forth in the new Fantasy Hero book is nearly as robust, easier to use, and features better scalability.

Great book! I'm eagerly looking forward to the Grimoire due in September.

Originally posted by Lord Mhoram

Ouch. We get Diamond weekly and it is this weeks shipment for us. So Wednesday, I will be hoping for a really slow day so I can read this huge tome. :D

You sound like someone who works in a FLGS 'cause mine spends a lot of time reading as well. :) But due to the cost of shipping to Aus ad the small size of the business, we get them in fornightly. *Fingers crossed* "2 weeks to go?"

What a massive, crunchy book

What amsssive book "Fantasy HERO" is. Just skimming through ti took me half an hour. I haven't even tried doing anything crunchy with it -- that could take hours.

I know that Hero has plans to release settings books next, but there are sopme things I could use like a whole boatload of packaged spells and magic items to make it easier to create characters that use them.

Do you guys at herogames have any special programs to help out us unfortunately less poor people who would really do almost anything to get our grubby hands on this wonderful tome of knowledge and infinite possibilities so we can have a copy also???

I mean, I'll write some articles and things for you if possible... or make monthly payments of smaller quantities until I can pay it off... or blood donations... or ________________ (fill in the blank and I'll let you know).