Hello, I am new to HERO

dualj

Hello, I am dualj and I am new to the hero system. I was told to check it out awhile back and I never got to. Finally I picked up sidekick and it looked interesting but a bit tough. Tonight I will get to play Champions and I believe that will help me a great deal.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Hello, I am new to HERO

thanks. The game we will be playing tonight will have us playing pregenerated characters. I will be playing a blaster-type who has radiation as a power. Unfortuanately i will be suffering from a rouge-like prolbem because I cannot be touched (radioactive).

Welcome to the HERO System, and good luck with the game!

One of the many great things about HERO is that it has a friendly, enthusiastic, helpful group of fans. So if you have any questions, feel free to post 'em and you'll get some answers quick. ;)

And one of the even greater things is that the Hero Line Developer also will frequently respond to postings. ;)

Hello' date=' I am dualj and[b'] I am new to the hero system.[/b] I was told to check it out awhile back and I never got to. Finally I picked up sidekick and it looked interesting but a bit tough. Tonight I will get to play Champions and I believe that will help me a great deal.

I am insanely jealous :)

Welcome:any help you need, just ask. Most of us don't bite :D

I have sidekick' date=' but I am not sure what all I can do with it. There is enough difference that the sidekick and regular game (5th edition... revised now right? ) have different character sheets after all.[/quote']

WELCOME!!!

Other peeps here speak highly of sidekick, I personally do not own it, and I am sure you can do some great character builds with it. I would advise getting the 5th Revised when you can, to get the complete rules but you should be fine with it for now. There are plenty of threads in the champions section on building characters and prebuilt characters. For character examples may I reccomend Enforcer84's Hero A day thread which you will find here http://www.herogames.com/forums/showthread.php?p=163128#post163128, Tribes arouond the world thread which you can find here http://www.herogames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=47468 and my own Heroes & VIllains Thread thread which you can find a link to in my signature.

Welcome, dualj.

A worthwhile purchase to consider is the Hero Designer program. It will help you quickly learn to put together characters for Hero. You can set it to use only Sidekick, or the full rules set, whichever you have available.

At $25, it's an absolute steal.

WELCOME!!!

Other peeps here speak highly of sidekick, I personally do not own it, and I am sure you can do some great character builds with it. I would advise getting the 5th Revised when you can, to get the complete rules but you should be fine with it for now. There are plenty of threads in the champions section on building characters and prebuilt characters. For character examples may I reccomend Enforcer84's Hero A day thread which you will find here http://www.herogames.com/forums/showthread.php?p=163128#post163128, Tribes arouond the world thread which you can find here http://www.herogames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=47468 and my own Heroes & VIllains Thread thread which you can find a link to in my signature.

There's also my How Too Article, that I seem to have lost the link for.

Welcome, dualj.

A worthwhile purchase to consider is the Hero Designer program. It will help you quickly learn to put together characters for Hero. You can set it to use only Sidekick, or the full rules set, whichever you have available.

At $25, it's an absolute steal.

I'll second that.