From Enemies III

FireTiger

(I wasn't sure where to ask this one, so my apologies if there's a better spot for it.)

While looking through my Champions library for NPCs to update, I was reminded of something that I didn't get the chance to write in and ask about back in 1984.

What I'm looking for is some missing text in the entry for the villain Aerion. Enemies III, page 10, 1st column, top...everything before the line (which is also partly missing):

control the movement of air, initially it was very

It would be nice to find the missing lines (3 of them, I think) after some 23 years.

Re: From Enemies III

Thank's. The only other odd thing was that my copy of Espionage! didn't have the Merchants of Terror adventure included in the box. That left me without the means to get the update book when Danger International was released.

All the rest of the stuff I got back then was okay. :cool:

:nonp: Well, it has been only rather recently that I've been able to dig most of my old Hero Games material out of storage (tough taking one's hobby to basic training). So some of it hasn't really been looked at in 20+ years.

(Heck, I've still got the old boxed Champions miniatures from Grenadier that still need to be primed, nevermind painted. I'm so far behind it can only be funny.)

(I wasn't sure where to ask this one, so my apologies if there's a better spot for it.)

While looking through my Champions library for NPCs to update, I was reminded of something that I didn't get the chance to write in and ask about back in 1984.

What I'm looking for is some missing text in the entry for the villain Aerion. Enemies III, page 10, 1st column, top...everything before the line (which is also partly missing):

control the movement of air, initially it was very

It would be nice to find the missing lines (3 of them, I think) after some 23 years.

Mine is missing it as well, i am starting to suspect that this is not just some kind of printing mistake, but that these lines have been stolen...but who could do something like this, so brilliant, so cleaver, so unexpected, there is only one master villain who could be so EVIL...

FOXBAT we're coming for you to get our lines back, heaven help us...

Foxbat!? :eek: Noooooooo! Blast him (oh wait, he did that himself back in Champions III...). If he drops the idea that he's starring in his own comic book and starts acting on the idea that he's editing a rules supplement, we'll be in even more trouble than we are now.

I think the modules with missing text may be from one print run. I remember seeing a copy of Enemies III that a friend of mine had which had the full text. IIRC it gave the villain's full real name and a bit more of his background.

Unfortunately I don't remember more than that, and my own copy of EIII is also missing those lines. But at least I can assure you that some intact versions are out there.