adding the Buffyverse

Mark Rand

I'm sure you saw this coming. Yep, it's official. The Buffyverse is getting added. Here's the URL for the wikipedia article on it: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buffyverse.

We have vampires, demons of various kinds, hellmouths, Watchers and Slayers, the law firm of Wolfram and Hart, which is a lot like DEMON, The Powers That Be, and demon-friendly bars and restaurants, many of which are considered neutral ground.

Additionally, in both series, some nurses wear white uniforms instead of scrubs. (This may be part of the real life trend of nurses returning to white uniforms to help patients can identify them in the hospital.)

So, what does this mean for the Pittsburgh campaign? Wolfram and Hart could have an office here. With the Cleveland hellmouth, vampires could stop here on the way to it. We'd, like many large cities, have Slayers and their associates. We'd also have a demon-friendly eating or drinking establishment or two.

Re: adding the Buffyverse

Actually' date=' I didn't see this coming because I always thought that this was the premise of the campaign in the first place. Was I mistaken, then?[/quote']

Sorry to say, yes.

It's to be a four-color campaign with the Buffyverse, Sailor Senshi, and the President's daughter being a circus performer thrown in.

I may add the Buffyverse in simply by having the bodies of two muggers found in a dumpster. According to the medical examiner's office, both have two puncture wounds in the neck and were drained of blood.

Sorry to say, yes.

It's to be a four-color campaign with the Buffyverse, Sailor Senshi, and the President's daughter being a circus performer thrown in.

I may add the Buffyverse in simply by having the bodies of two muggers found in a dumpster. According to the medical examiner's office, both have two puncture wounds in the neck and were drained of blood.

No need to apologize. I only ever claim to be the Lord Captain Thia Halmades and I have a reputation of being right on a regular basis, but I would never go so far as to say "consistently." When I miss things, I miss things. It happens. No apology necessary. :D

Regardless, you know, as I've always said, it's your game, write it how you like. However, my usual caveat applies, and to you especially: "Don't over think it." Of the things I've criticized in your style, two things continually spring to mind:

-- Your penchant for having everyone related to everything else, and

-- You treating cool new ideas like ingredients for a smoothie. You don't always seem to ask "What will taste good?" you just grab what's handy, a cup of yogurt, some sugar and ice and throw the whole thing in a blender and HOPE that it tastes good.

I'm not saying that's wrong, as much as I'm saying it leads to clutter. Reviewing your posts, I see as many new ideas (This mansion, these people, etc.) as I see retractions (not this mansion, this one instead; no, he's not married to her, he's married to her instead and the live with their daughter) and so on. We'll sum it up and say that you still seem to have a distinct lack of focus, which in turn seems to lead to all of these loops.

No need to apologize. I only ever claim to be the Lord Captain Thia Halmades and I have a reputation of being right on a regular basis, but I would never go so far as to say "consistently." When I miss things, I miss things. It happens. No apology necessary. :D

Regardless, you know, as I've always said, it's your game, write it how you like. However, my usual caveat applies, and to you especially: "Don't over think it." Of the things I've criticized in your style, two things continually spring to mind:

-- Your penchant for having everyone related to everything else, and

-- You treating cool new ideas like ingredients for a smoothie. You don't always seem to ask "What will taste good?" you just grab what's handy, a cup of yogurt, some sugar and ice and throw the whole thing in a blender and HOPE that it tastes good.

I'm not saying that's wrong, as much as I'm saying it leads to clutter. Reviewing your posts, I see as many new ideas (This mansion, these people, etc.) as I see retractions (not this mansion, this one instead; no, he's not married to her, he's married to her instead and the live with their daughter) and so on. We'll sum it up and say that you still seem to have a distinct lack of focus, which in turn seems to lead to all of these loops.

Part of the problem is that I haven't played Champions in at least 20 years (the last version I played was 3E), and I'm not sure what I want.

Buffy-verse by Susano' date=' created by Joss Whedon [/b']

http://surbrook.devermore.net/adaptationsmovie/moviechar.html#buffy

LOL

QM

It's good stuff.

While I won't be having any cannon characters in the campaign city, they might inspire some characters.

• 6 months later...

Joss has been involved with the production of comics based on Angel: the series and Buffy the Vampire Slayer. To some extent, both are considered canon. The stuff below is from them. Since I hope to discuss them, they aren't posted as spoilers.

In Angel: After the Fall, the Senior Partners moved Los Angeles to a demon dimension. Since Angel is able to drive to Santa Monica, it's safe to assume that all of Los Angeles County (population 10,363,850) was transported to that dimension. I wonder what the federal government's reaction would be. I also wonder if that much land vanishing and the space it occupied being filled with water would cause large earthquakes.

In Buffy the Vampire Slayer: season 8, some elements of the federal government, including General Voll, of an Initiative-like organization, consider Buffy and her associates, who are based in Scotland, to be terrorists and plan to attack them. Since this would occur around the time of the 2004 Presidential election, I wonder how the revelation of the attack, and its failure would affect the election.

LOL

QM

This website includes HERO writeups for many regular and guest characters, plus some converted spells and several Package Deals:

http://angel.fcpages.com/

[then scroll down to "Nightspawn & Champions RPG," second "paragraph."]

(BTW the character sheets for Buffy, Angel and co. on Susano's website are by our other forum colleague, James Gillen.)

This website includes HERO writeups for many regular and guest characters, plus some converted spells and several Package Deals:

http://angel.fcpages.com/

[then scroll down to "Nightspawn & Champions RPG," second "paragraph."]

(BTW the character sheets for Buffy, Angel and co. on Susano's website are by our other forum colleague, James Gillen.)

I've seen it, and I think it's good stuff.

Hats off to James Gillen for his stuff on Susano's site and Matt on his own site.

LOL

QM

Ok, any writeuup of Zander Harris HAS to include the incredible degree of physical courage he displays. The man took on a wolf-demon armed with nothing but bad fashion sense. He stood there, absolutely calm, as a bomb ticked down and did ntohing but try to stop the bombmaker getting out. This without knowing whether or not the other guy would be effectively harmed by the bomb at all. He guessed he would but could not possibly be sure. I suggest +25 Presence defence vs. fear (-1). Yep I said +25 and I meant it.

Never heard of them.

http://www.jim-butcher.com/books/dresden/

A very interesting and well written first person pov view of modern magic and it's trappings. Butcher's world of Chicago is rich, complex and interesting. I highly recommend you pick up at least the first book, "Storm Front" and give the series a try. Dresden's voice isn't first person annoying, a la Anita Blake, and the supporting characters are very well thought out. VERY good read! A LOT of interesting RP plot material, especially via his take on vampires and demons. :thumbup: Check it out!

Ok' date=' any writeuup of Zander Harris HAS to include the incredible degree of physical courage he displays. The man took on a wolf-demon armed with nothing but bad fashion sense. He stood there, absolutely calm, as a bomb ticked down and did ntohing but try to stop the bombmaker getting out. This without knowing whether or not the other guy would be effectively harmed by the bomb at all. He guessed he would but could not possibly be sure. I suggest +25 Presence defence vs. fear (-1). Yep I said +25 and I meant it.[/quote']

Right on.

Ok' date=' any writeup of Xander Harris HAS to include the incredible degree of physical courage he displays... I suggest +25 Presence defence vs. fear (-1). Yep I said +25 and I meant it.[/quote']

Perhaps with the limitation: requires an EGO roll. Otherwise- yeah. Totally right on.

Ok' date=' any writeup of Xander Harris HAS to include the incredible degree of physical courage he displays... I suggest +25 Presence defence vs. fear (-1). Yep I said +25 and I meant it.[/quote']

Perhaps with the limitation: requires an EGO roll. Otherwise- yeah. Totally right on.

Nope, when physical courage was needed Alexander Harris came through 100% of the time, so clearly he didn't need no stinking EGO roll. In fact the idea that he should stay out of a fight to avoid getting killed was a severe blow to his ego. In Graduation Day 2 he was fairly sure that he was destined to die. What did he do? Pretty much what he would do if he was certain he was going to live, except he mentioned that he might die to a potential girlfriend (Anya). She ran, he didn't.