How do I reduce my DCV?

I should be able to reduce my DCV for 5pts each right? (down to zero). I want to do this in order to represent that he's easier to hit because of his size. I dont like the method of the Physical Disadvantage covering that issue. The only other option I saw in the book was through negative CSL's but I couldnt figure out how to apply that; not using HD anyways. HD wont allow me to use negative CSL's on me and I get points for it.

Advice?

Re: How do I reduce my DCV?

DCV is a Value, not something you can sell back.

Negative Skill Levels are an Attack Power, conceivably you can "attack" yourself with them, they will cost you points however, not give you points.

If you are a large character take a Physical Limitation: Large (or Very Large) or what have you.

Combine that with the Target Size Modifiers in the rules and you'll be pretty easy to hit.

I don't know. When I posted the Dex thing I didn't think I'd allow it myself but the more I think about it the more I ask myself "Why wouldn't I allow it?" I can't come up with an answer and -1/4 might be to small. Dex only does about 6 things and OCV/DCV are a pretty major component.

I'd allow it. Easier to hit is easier to hit no matter who is doing the hitting. High defenses are mitigating against some opponents, but a lot of heavy hitters have low to moderate CVs. Making yourself easier to hit for them is a big disadvantage. I would only allow it, however, as a physical limitation. -3DCV would be worth 15 Points.

If having a low DCV is not disadvantageous for a character with high defenses, should buying up DCV for a character with high defenses be cheaper? After all, it has less benefit if he could have just shrugged off most or all of the damage than if one hit would likely KO or kill him.

How about this;

1- Buy your DEX to the point you want your DCV to be at due to size (say DEX 15 for DCV 5 due to size)

2- Buy up your SPD (to the point that it would be if you had a higher DEX say SPD 4)

3- Buy Lightning Reflexes (to similuate having high DEX)

4- Buy Combat Skill Levels ( to simulate high OCV associated with high DEX)

Whether this is point effective or not is another story:ugly:

I'd allow it. Easier to hit is easier to hit no matter who is doing the hitting. High defenses are mitigating against some opponents' date=' but a lot of heavy hitters have low to moderate CVs. Making yourself easier to hit for them is a big disadvantage. I would only allow it, however, as a physical limitation. -3DCV would be worth 15 Points.[/quote']My thoughts exactly.

I'd allow it. Easier to hit is easier to hit no matter who is doing the hitting. High defenses are mitigating against some opponents' date=' but a lot of heavy hitters have low to moderate CVs. Making yourself easier to hit for them is a big disadvantage. I would only allow it, however, as a physical limitation. -3DCV would be worth 15 Points.[/quote']

True and there's the possibility of special attacks.

The most precise option that avoids the use of a Disadvantage would be to just lower the character's DEX by the amount desired (9 Points in this case) and then replace it with 3 CSL's and Lightning Reflexes

14 Lightning Reflexes: +9 DEX to act first with All Actions

(or 9 Lightning Reflexes: +9 DEX to act first with Single Action)

12 +3 OCV with any two categories of combat

The main problem is that this ends up COSTING points overall instead of saving them. The main reason being that SPD is figured from DEX so only 18 points are gained by selling off 9 DEX. Seems like a good argument against figured stats.

The most precise option that avoids the use of a Disadvantage would be to just lower the character's DEX by the amount desired (9 Points in this case) and then replace it with 3 CSL's and Lightning Reflexes

14 Lightning Reflexes: +9 DEX to act first with All Actions

(or 9 Lightning Reflexes: +9 DEX to act first with Single Action)

12 +3 OCV with any two categories of combat

The main problem is that this ends up COSTING points overall instead of saving them. The main reason being that SPD is figured from DEX so only 18 points are gained by selling off 9 DEX. Seems like a good argument against figured stats.

I'd say it's a better argument that Lightning Reflexes is VASTLY overpriced. +9 DEX would normally cost 27 points. Having +9 DEX, only to act first, only for one specific action is NOT worth 9 points - 1/3 of that cost. I certainly wouldn't allow you to buy +9 DEX, not to act first for 18 points!

I'd say it's a better argument that Lightning Reflexes is VASTLY overpriced. +9 DEX would normally cost 27 points. Having +9 DEX' date=' only to act first, only for one specific action is NOT worth 9 points - 1/3 of that cost. I certainly wouldn't allow you to buy +9 DEX, not to act first for 18 points![/quote']

Its probably better priced at 1:1.

If we take the idea beyond making up the difference with Skills or Talents we can just use Limited DEX.

15 +9 DEX (27 Active Points); Limited Power Power loses about a third of its effectiveness (Does Not Affect DCV; -1/2), Limited Power Power loses about a fourth of its effectiveness (Does Not Affect DCV; -1/4)

Depending on the Limitation value (somewhere between -1/2 and -1; -3/4 in the example above) the cost can vary between 13 and 18 for a savings of between 14 and 9 real points.