Avengers: The Next Generation on Hero Central

teh bunneh

• Replies 342
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Avengers: The Next Generation on Hero Central

Man, I wish I had the time to play in one of these again. I terribly miss the T-Bolts game.

These threads always make me think of tons of characters I would like to play. Here's a few...

Magnetar: Yet another renegade Herald of Galactus, based on the element of metal. (They opened the door for non-classical elements when they intoduced the Fallen One who is based on the element of Void.) Perhaps he could have left Galactus' employ in such a manner that might earn the group a visit from the Big Man's current (and overclocked) Herald.

Invader Skrull: A secret predecessor of the Super Skrull, based on the powers of the original Invaders. He possesses the 1940's versions of the powers of Captain America, the Human Torch, and the Sub-Mariner. He would be recently awoken from some sort of suspended animation (like what happended to Cap) with his memories being jumbled, making him believe he was one of the heroes who fought against the Nazis.

Magni (not the 2020 version): The good-natured but brash son of the God of Thunder (think similar to the original personality of Hercules). Tremendous strength and a love of ale, brawling, and the ladies. Does not have Mjolnir but may occasionally bring along an Uru weapon when fighting robots (or trying to maximize property damage).

Yeah' date=' somehow Ms. Marvel skipped the "follow the rules" limitation.[/quote']

As I said, it's recommended but not required. :)

I'll add that I have no control over who gets chosen in this campaign and my comment was just general snarkiness. Ms. Marvel is more fun to play when she has someone to annoy. I'd been playing off of Haven Walkur/Barrendur's character Cinnabar' date=' who was very stodgy, and it was a fun interaction. For entirely selfish reasons, I hopes the Bunny chooses somebody stuck-up because it just makes it more fun to have someone to argue with.[/quote']

Ms. Marvel also played well off of Iron Girl, for different but related reasons. ;)

Magni (not the 2020 version): The good-natured but brash son of the God of Thunder (think similar to the original personality of Hercules). Tremendous strength and a love of ale' date=' brawling, and the ladies. Does not have Mjolnir but may occasionally bring along an Uru weapon when fighting robots (or trying to maximize property damage).[/quote']

What's funny is that way back in the day (before I was the GM, when I was still hoping to be a player), the character that I applied with was Magni, the good-natured but brash son of the God of Thunder (similar to the original personality of Hercules). Tremendous strength and a love of ale, brawling, and the ladies.

The only thing different was that he had Thor's magic gauntlets, which made him immune to heat and gave him some limited control over fire. :thumbup:

Submissions so far:

Certified

Shield Maiden: The "daughter" of Thor, a golem created by Loki, now with free will.

Cargus

Greenstar: A new Starknight from planet Galador.

McCoy

Phoebe: Daughter of Moondragon, the new Celestial Madonna wannabe.

Keep 'em coming, folx! :thumbup:

Well I made an intial pass on Centurian, daughter of Richard Ryder (Nova) and Ko-Rel (another member of Nova Corps). Speedster Space Brick who's half Blue Kree.

I'm having trouble making the story more interesting than: She was in the Kree military, got "choosen" for the re-established Nova Corps and assigned to Earth.

For personality hooks, she has a very military mindset, honor is all, and confused by "Strange Earth Customs".

My second concept was the son of the Super Skrull. Same powers, was tricked into coming to Earth to wreck havoc, realized that the majority of the "Earthlings" were an honorable sort, and he turned against his masters.

Again, an honor bound alien, confused by Earthlings. I'll get the writes up when I get home from work.

What's funny is that way back in the day (before I was the GM, when I was still hoping to be a player), the character that I applied with was Magni, the good-natured but brash son of the God of Thunder (similar to the original personality of Hercules). Tremendous strength and a love of ale, brawling, and the ladies.

The only thing different was that he had Thor's magic gauntlets, which made him immune to heat and gave him some limited control over fire. :thumbup:

Great minds and all...nah we're both just giant geeks :D

To answer a question I got asked in PM: Currently' date=' the status of Thor/Asgard is kinda... undetermined.[/quote']

As a side note, Journeyman (Enforcer84's character in the Thunderbolts game) has Asgardian links (as do the Wrecking Crew), but we've shied away from current state of Asgard so far. The original Asgardian's background had the realms as a post-Ragnarok wasteland, but it never really came up in play and I don't think anyone would mind terribly changing that.

Man' date=' I wish I had the time to play in one of these again. I terribly miss the T-Bolts game.[/quote']

We miss you too!

Invader Skrull: A secret predecessor of the Super Skrull, based on the powers of the original Invaders. He possesses the 1940's versions of the powers of Captain America, the Human Torch, and the Sub-Mariner. He would be recently awoken from some sort of suspended animation (like what happended to Cap) with his memories being jumbled, making him believe he was one of the heroes who fought against the Nazis.

I like the idea. This fella may have to show up as an NPC. :D

As a side note' date=' Journeyman (Enforcer84's character in the Thunderbolts game) has Asgardian links (as do the Wrecking Crew), but we've shied away from current state of Asgard so far. The original Asgardian's background had the realms as a post-Ragnarok wasteland, but it never really came up in play and I don't think anyone would mind terribly changing that.. :D[/quote']

When working out the details for the background I wasn't sure how different the Post Ragnarok Asgard was so there may be some errors although I believe Sif, Thor, Eric Masterson's estranged has been missing since witch plays into the background story.

I'll add that I have no control over who gets chosen in this campaign and my comment was just general snarkiness. Ms. Marvel is more fun to play when she has someone to annoy. I'd been playing off of Haven Walkur/Barrendur's character Cinnabar' date=' who was very stodgy, and it was a fun interaction. For entirely selfish reasons, I hopes the Bunny chooses somebody stuck-up because it just makes it more fun to have someone to argue with.[/quote']

Now I want to make a character who is somehow related to Jarvis.

When working out the details for the background I wasn't sure how different the Post Ragnarok Asgard was so there may be some errors although I believe Sif' date=' Thor, Eric Masterson's estranged has been missing since witch plays into the background story.[/quote']

I don't really know the current status of Thor, Sif, or Masterson in the regular Marvel Universe, but for this game that doesn't really matter much. For the Bunnyverse... as I said before, I'm willing to incorporate players' ideas into the game. If you want Asgard to be pre- or post-Ragnarok (assuming I select you as the new player), we'll go with what your background says. :)

I don't really know the current status of Thor' date=' Sif, or Masterson in the regular Marvel Universe, but for this game that doesn't really matter much. For the Bunnyverse... as I said before, I'm willing to incorporate players' ideas into the game. If you want Asgard to be pre- or post-Ragnarok (assuming I select you as the new player), we'll go with what your background says. :)[/quote']

I'll get you a powered armor guy if I can play the son of Fabian Stankowics

I don't really know the current status of Thor' date=' Sif, or Masterson in the regular Marvel Universe, but for this game that doesn't really matter much. For the Bunnyverse... as I said before, I'm willing to incorporate players' ideas into the game. If you want Asgard to be pre- or post-Ragnarok (assuming I select you as the new player), we'll go with what your background says. :)[/quote']

I'm trying to figure out what's up with the hulk. Its making my head ache.

Bruce Banner/the Hulk has not yet made an appearance in the Bunnyverse. Whatever happened to him in the last 10+ years is still up in the air.

Well, he sorta did make an appearance, but we retconned that out of existance by popular vote. :)

I should probably have mentioned this earlier...

In the Bunnyverse, a lot of the more, shall we say, "extreme" things that have gone on in the 616 Marvel Universe didn't happen. So, no Avengers Disassembled. No Initiative. No Illuminati. Definitely no Civil War.

As for what did happen... well, pretty much Busiek and Perez's run on the Avengers happened, from "Heroes Return" to "Red Death" (1998 to about 2002ish). Other than that... well, if it's cool then I'll incorporate it into the history and/or storyline. I try to be flexible. :)

Bruce Banner/the Hulk has not yet made an appearance in the Bunnyverse. Whatever happened to him in the last 10+ years is still up in the air.

Well, he sorta did make an appearance, but we retconned that out of existance by popular vote. :)

So, I can fiddle with him in the backstory, then? :thumbup:

My concept is... Bruce Banner's daughter.

I should probably have mentioned this earlier...

In the Bunnyverse, a lot of the more, shall we say, "extreme" things that have gone on in the 616 Marvel Universe didn't happen. So, no Avengers Disassembled. No Initiative. No Illuminati. Definitely no Civil War.

Good! As I was reading backstories trying to catch up on what the heck happened in the Marvel Universe over the last ten years... those particuliar story-lines put me off.

Well' date=' Jarvis is actually in the campaign. You could just play the butler. 600 points of service-industry skills.[/quote']

His double-chocolate cake is to die for. Literally.

Double-Chocolate Cake To Die For:
Killing Attack - Hand-To-Hand 3d6, Trigger (Activating the Trigger requires a Zero Phase Action, Trigger requires a Turn or more to reset, Character can set Trigger multiple times; Eating Cake; +1/4), No Normal Defense (Not Eating the Cake; +1), Does BODY (+1) (146 Active Points); Extra Time (1 Hour, Only to Activate, To cook cake; -1 1/2), OAF (-1), No STR Bonus (-1/2), No Knockback (-1/4). Total Cost: 34

So' date=' I can fiddle with him in the backstory, then? :thumbup:[/quote']

Absolutely. :)

Good! As I was reading backstories trying to catch up on what the heck happened in the Marvel Universe over the last ten years... those particuliar story-lines put me off.

You and me both. :rolleyes:

I'll get you a powered armor guy if I can play the son of Fabian Stankowics

Maybe Fabian (Mechanaut) and Gladiatrix had sparks after their failed Avengers tryouts, forming a crimefighting duo and family.

He's a mechanical prodigy with balance issues. She's a mohawk-sporting Amazon powerhouse. They fight crime.

Or a combo gym/electronics repair shop.

http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix/gladtrix.htm

http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix2/stankowicz.htm

His double-chocolate cake is to die for. Literally.

Double-Chocolate Cake To Die For:
Killing Attack - Hand-To-Hand 3d6, Trigger (Activating the Trigger requires a Zero Phase Action, Trigger requires a Turn or more to reset, Character can set Trigger multiple times; Eating Cake; +1/4), No Normal Defense (Not Eating the Cake; +1), Does BODY (+1) (146 Active Points); Extra Time (1 Hour, Only to Activate, To cook cake; -1 1/2), OAF (-1), No STR Bonus (-1/2), No Knockback (-1/4). Total Cost: 34

Don't forget Jarvis Healing:

Healing 1 BODY, Trigger (only after getting fanny beaten by Masters of Evil) (Activating the Trigger requires a Zero Phase Action, Trigger resets automatically, immediately after it activates; +3/4) (17 Active Points); Extra Time (Regeneration-Only) 1 Week (-3), Concentration (0 DCV; Unable to move, in traction; -1/2), Incantations (AAAAIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!; -1/4)