A DC Animated-style HeroMachine

Theron

Re: A DC Animated-style HeroMachine

Awesome work Major!

Though for your lords of Chaos, you might consider mismatching their armor/uniforms a bit. Perhaps different shoulder pad styles, less uniform look :)

OK, I'll grant you that the torso armor on the two Lords of Chaos are the same, but the

only one who's actually got shoulder pads is N'khtos. Still, it probably wouldn't hurt to

redo his armor a bit; there are enough choices in FH Lab to make it a fairly easy job.

I just wish that there was a female body template in FH Lab, though -- more than a few

of the clothing options are better suited for women than they are for men.

Major Tom 2009 :cool:

The family of Myrmidon Mk.II battle armors -- the Standard armor, the Reconnaissance/Stealth

variant, the Trans-Atmospheric Strike variant, and the newest addition to the line -- the Myrmidon-X

Heavy Assault armor:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]42946[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]42947[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]42948[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]42949[/ATTACH]

The weapons shown on the Myrmidon-X are its backup weapons only; operational doctrine

for this particular model of the Myrmidon is for its operator to carry a heavy support weapon

as its main armament (a weapon that, for unarmored troopers, would normally be a crew-

served, mounted weapon).

Tribune Daggo's aide-de-camp and personal assassin -- Syren of the Screaming Death:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]42950[/ATTACH]

This minion of Lord Dark Matter's can best be described as a "shark-woman", in that

she has the upper body of a humanoid female and the lower body of an aquatic pred-

ator. Not only is she capable of swimming at incredible speed (between 30 and 40

knots per hour), she is also strong enough to shred steel with her claws in a high-

speed pass; needless to say, more often than not, it's usually some unfortunate in-

surgent who gets shredded in one of these passes.

But what gives Syren her name is the surgically-implanted sonic projector which is

her main long-range weapon. This weapon is capable of killing by means of extreme

high-frequency, focussed sound waves which are projected as a scream; Syren has

also been surgically modified to provide her with protection from the effects of her

own weapon, and Tribune Daggo and his impeller-suited troops have been given

similar protection as well. While the sonic projector can be used both in the water

as well as out of it, it has its greatest effectiveness underwater, where its range is

doubled.

The purple trim of her armor identifies Syren as being a Darkhunter; because of her

unique nature, however, she doesn't bother with trying to disguise herself or to wear

the characteristic "alien death's-head" mask of the Darkhunters.

Major Tom 2009 :eg:

Here're a couple of group pics, one of which The Arc made for me and the

other which I did myself with FH Lab:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]43024[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]43025[/ATTACH]

The first group pic is of Tribune Asa and a pair of her Bloodswarm Legionnaires,

while the second is of Centurion Malacos and several of his K'r'stalos Legionnaires.

While the two Cohorts aren't in the same operational theatre, they have worked

together on occasion. A typical operation involves whatever enemies they've

been sent to destroy -- which, more often than not, are insurgents trying to resist

Lord Dark Matter's rule -- being relentlessly harried by Asa's Legionnaires on both

land and by air, and being forced to retreat to what they assume is the only safe

place from the insectoid Bloodswarm: a large body of water (the Bloodswarm are

incapable of swimming, so normally this would be a viable means of escape). It's

only after the fleeing insurgents are well and truly in the presumed safety of the

water that they discover the second part of the attack: Centurion Malacos and

several hand-picked members of his Cohort, who are far more at home in that

environment than any insurgent could ever hope to be.

At which point -- and speaking strictly from the point of view of Asa and Malacos --

a good time is had by all (:eg:)...

EDIT: No, Malacos and his kind aren't giants; they stand between 6 and 7 feet in height.

The pics just make it look like they're giants.

A while back in this thread, I'd posted a pic of one of The Arc's Uberworld characters,

a fellow called Doctor Komodo; not long after that, mattingly made the comment

that that pic would be perfect for his Doc Croc character. Well, mattingly, if you're

watching, here's a pic that might be better suited for Doc Croc:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]43029[/ATTACH]

Well' date=' that's certainly thinking outside of the Box[/quote']

I see what you did there. :winkgrin:

Actually, I think the blue version was the one he ran by remote control. By the time he moved on to the Red version of the root, it was the one where he phased into it. No longer 'outside the Box', as it were.

Shouldn't his face look a little bit more like Iron Man's, though (square eyeslits and mouth)?

Major Tom 2009 :confused:

Probably. I couldn't find a combination of facial features that I liked on the app, so I use a little artistic license.

Okay, I need some whelp with a costume for a character. I have four options. Please let me know which one you like best.

Background: The character's name is Anomaly. He is able to open small apertures into some otherworldly space and release energies therefrom. He can open the apertures only at the palms of his hands, and oddly enough, each hand releases a different kind of energy. From his right hand he can release something that acts like lightning but is scarlet in color. From his left hand he can release a flame-like energy that is nearly black. He has had his powers for some years (since adolescence, he's now 19 or 20) but has never really practiced with the. He's just been drafted into a superteam to help fight some world-threatening menace. So he has managed to come up with a code name (he was going to use 'Portal', but didn't like how it sounded). Now he needs a costume. The options are as follows (spoilered for space).

Option 1:

Portal1.png

Option 2:

Portal2a.png

Option 3:

Portal3.png

Option 4:

Portal4.png

Thoughts, fellow Herophiles?

Okay, I need some whelp with a costume for a character. I have four options. Please let me know which one you like best.

Background: The character's name is Anomaly. He is able to open small apertures into some otherworldly space and release energies therefrom. He can open the apertures only at the palms of his hands, and oddly enough, each hand releases a different kind of energy. From his right hand he can release something that acts like lightning but is scarlet in color. From his left hand he can release a flame-like energy that is nearly black. He has had his powers for some years (since adolescence, he's now 19 or 20) but has never really practiced with the. He's just been drafted into a superteam to help fight some world-threatening menace. So he has managed to come up with a code name (he was going to use 'Portal', but didn't like how it sounded). Now he needs a costume. The options are as follows (spoilered for space).

Option 1:

Portal1.png

Option 2:

Portal2a.png

Option 3:

Portal3.png

Option 4:

Portal4.png

Thoughts, fellow Herophiles?

1: too paramilitary-looking. Unless he's sponsored (or was spawned by) by a military service I don't like that look. My criticism of all three is that you seem to be going for a highly desaturated look, which doesn't appeal to me much either. Of the three, I like the physical layout of #3, but would like to see a brighter, more "superheroic" color scheme. Even batman was dark blue and not grey and black before Frank Millar got ahold of him.