WWYCD: "Tell me about your teammates."

CrosshairCollie

Re: WWYCD: "Tell me about your teammates."

Miss Chaos (PRIMUS liaison to The Edge) AAArrrrghhshock.gif:eek:icon16.gif

Felicity (The Skeleton Crew) Whose turn is it to be the token responsible adult this week.

Or a more detailed description

Vitus -icon15.gif

The Spectre -icon27.gif

Miss Three -love.gif:o

Void- sneaky.gif

Orca - Token sensible person

The Gunny - think.gifangst.gif

Journeyman: I'm a lucky guy, I work with four beautiful women. They are all brave, bold, and responsible. They are all nice to look at. They are all insane. I'm cursed.

Eva Von Doom: Eva is in a class all her own. She's smarter than everyone I've ever met put together. Not only is she the ruler of her own country, rich beyond imagination and a master of several sciences; she's a magician to boot! I can make magic items. My talent for actually controlling magic is almost non existent. And I have Norse blood! Eva manages to be noble and insufferably arrogant at the same time. And quite frankly is cute as a button while doing it. She's a tad young for me but I'll watch out for her like a big brother. Yeah. That's it.

Electron: I feel kind of bad for Electron, on almost any other team she'd be the scientist supreme. But she's got Eva here. Not only that but her life, while mirroring mine superficially (both the children of villains, and not famous ones at that); she's had it tougher. I don't hate the press. I mean it's part of the job. But Electron? She hates them. And she's right. She can be a little long winded and whiny, but she's powerful, insightful, and one of the more experienced heroes on the team.

Georgette Batroc: A whirlwind of skill and talent, surrounded by a Maelstrom of crazy, wrapped up in a cloak of sexxy! I'm pretty sure she's a hero only as long as it interests her. I'm hoping that it continues to do so. Her aid is welcome as is her costumed presence.

Stilt-Girl: Another genius who would be in the spotlight would Eva not be present. More like me, her father (and uncles) didn't exactly set the super villain world on fire. I'd like to think we're more grounded because of it. Stilt-Girl is a good team mate. She's not glamour but she's easy on the eyes anyway. A Mary Anne for Eva's Ginger? Dunno, maybe.

Crusher: Wasn't with us long enough. I miss him alot. Another beer and pretzels guy to hang out with. And a bit more testosterone in the mix was nice.

in City On The Edge, where Zero/Truman Golightly, is the team mentalist

Terminus : "He scares me."

Avatar : "I shouldn't get such amusement out of sending him on wild-goose-chases to Mars. I suppose it's all a matter of having somebody that will actually listen to me. Nobody else ever has. Have they Mother."

Trawler : "For somebody who can run at a wall and then be surprised when the building falls over, not that threatening really. Maybe the ramen-addiction makes him seem more harmless."

Stentorian : "He doesn't say much. Seems cheerful tho. Maybe I'll get to know him better later on."

Miss Chaos : "She doesn't belittle me. Damn you Mother, I'm my own man. I'm not a child anymore Mother, and you won't be holding me back much longer, Mother....

and in Weldun's Kingdom City campaign... we have Vitus.

Current members include Founding member Felicity : "She... irritates me. I worked hard to achieve my master of the Higher Arts, and for a freak like this to master magic without any perceptible effort on her part... or worse, come to me for advice, stare blankly as I explain it to her concisely and accurately, and then say 'Never mind, I'll figure it out myself' ... It grates."

there's also The Spectre : "Another one who learned magic in mere months? I overheard him saying he's gone a long way towards restructuring Tanashim society during his sabbatical. I hope that isn't the case, I found their caste and slavery system quite logical, and admirable. For the time being I'll give him the benefit of the doubt - for some reason he sticks up for me on those rare occasions things go awry."

E Magister : Half demonic. Not a reason to feel one way or the other about him. Yet another Worker of Higher Arts. At least he seems to lack skill in the highest magics - mine - and as far as I know nobody is going to him first for advice in the arcane."

The Gunney : "Interesting technology, if overly complicated. Seems interested in Auran technology, which is pleasant, so hopefully once I have all the more pressing matters attended to I can introduce some real technology to this world, as well as magic."

Void : "Hmm... I should probably kill him. But he's so useful. But the matter of the Outer God gestating in his soul... he may well be unkillable, this late in the last trimester."

Orca : "I like him. At least, I don't dislike him. He needs to be more confident in his abilities however. They're formidable, but he never seems to appreciate how well he's done, after the event."

and his former concubine 3 : He'ld never admit this in public. NEVER. But he does want her back. Badly. But he can never, ever, forgive her for dismissing his skills as a wizard. In a conflict between his lust and his pride, Pride wins every time.

and since departed, vanished, or eaten, there have been amongst others

The Storm Lord : "A waste of skin and theoplasm. *waves local holy book, the Holy something-or-other* Here's a storm god that went on to subsume his entire pantheon and gather worship from around the world - what does this so-called Storm Lord do? Get himself killed by the first alien testosterone-head, jump into the nearest passer-by, and proceed to broker pitiful business deals and scrawl the occasional graffiti on the sky. No imagination. No ambition."

and The Swarmling : "Now, he was interesting. I haven't met a sentient, embodied genius loci before. I was quite sorry when he got eaten by the Vortex. At least, I think he was eaten - maybe The Jerusalem Knight and Bloodmoon got assembled from the bits?"

Leatherback : "I'm not quite clear on why he seemed ashamed of his reptilian Aspect. Crocodiles I can do without.. I wonder how far they got exterminating the species on Aura? But Tommy never threatened me here. I do regret that he never found his way back after I dropped that dimension bomb on Eurostar and the team. It would have been interesting to see how far his lycanthropic evolution would have taken him."

There were a couple of half-demon types when he first arrived, too, but not to worry. They were only half-demon, so weren't immediately marked for death.

Journeyman: I'm a lucky guy' date=' I work with four beautiful women. They are all brave, bold, and responsible. They are all nice to look at. They are all insane. I'm cursed. [/quote']

Smart. Sexy. Sane. Choose two. ;)

Georgette Batroc: A whirlwind of skill and talent, surrounded by a Maelstrom of crazy, wrapped up in a cloak of sexxy! I'm pretty sure she's a hero only as long as it interests her. I'm hoping that it continues to do so. Her aid is welcome as is her costumed presence.

Georgette Batroc: "Oh God . . . where do I start? She's beautiful' date=' flamboyant, obnoxious, more obnoxious, more flamboyant, maybe some more obnoxious added in. She's flashy and fun and I never know whether she's going to save the day or . . . do I even want to think about it? And that bag! Where does all that stuff come from? Wait, I don't even want to know. I mean, whatever we need, she seems to have SOMETHING in that bag. She doesn't even file off the names! I mean, SHIELD, Interpol, the Russian military . . . it's not like she got these at the flea market! Wait, no, I don't want to think about it. I tried to take her out to lunch one day to talk about it discreetly, but next thing I know she's dragging me into fancy boutiques and turned it into a shopping expedition! I can't afford those places! And then, she's got all these clothes later, and I swear she didn't spend any time at the checkout counter. Sure, maybe she's got a line of credit . . . oh, who am I kidding. I'm going to get taken to jail as an accessory eventually, aren't I?"[/quote']

:snicker: You guys have really nailed Batroc, have't you?

...erm... maybe I should rephrase that... ;)

I have had only one character that I can remember any details of his team-mates. Most of their names escape me, but TCWaN probably wouldn't bother to remember them anyway.

The Cat Without a Name:

Moe, Larry, and Curly:
One of 'em's always good for a scratch or a treat. I don't think they're very bright, even for humans, but most of the time their hearts are in the right place. At least they get me tuna when we've got it and not that dried up cr@p that comes out of a box.

That Strong Guy (not his real name):
I dunno. He's not as well trained as the trio, but at least his keen hearing helps me get his attention when I want in or out. I think that's why he installed a door I could operate myself.

The guy who waves his hands around a lot (also not his real name):
I think he knows more about me than the others, but he hasn't told them anything they don't already know. At least he treats me with the respect due a reigning monarch. Not the best of my subjects, but worthy, nonetheless.

attachment.php?attachmentid=27814&stc=1&d=1210390920

To: Liaison, MI6

Cc: UNTIL Law Enforcement Directorate, Chicago Division, USA

Re: Impressions and Evaluations of Team Members in World Watchers

Metal Master: Although the most experienced and potentially most powerful member of the group, I feel he is also the most idealistic and therefore the most vulnerable. Perhaps this is why the group nominated me the team leader despite being probably the weakest overall in powers. The recent destruction of the island in the Dry Gambiers using the vibranium bomb has left him a bit of an emotional wreck. He has taken full responsibility for the underestimation of yield, which sank a friendly French ship by accidenwithout much real result. (On the other hand, we have discovered a non-radioactivematerial with the force of a thermonuclear weapon. Pure sonic force with the yield of 230 kt/kg is nothing to be trifled with.) After the I am a bit of a loss, as his reticence to killing I believe was a useful counterpoint to my perspective, and so we may be in the process of "crossing over" a bit in terms of our opinions of lethal force. I am also concerned of his extended isolation from the triplets he has as his companions. He may need some professional psychological assistance- perhaps Dr. Silverback can give a referral?

Brick: Initially, I mistrusted him, as he comes off a bit hotheaded. However, differences in class upbringing accounted for the initial impression, and now I personally regard him as a peer. Certainly, his odd appearance can create a bad first impression. I regard his knowledge of civil engineering and construction probably the most useful things a metahuman could have. Also, despite his small stature, he is also the strongest being I have ever met. (And to smooth things further, we have socialized at the local pubs- sorry, bars.) My only concerns are of his sensitivity to his origin (he is, as the modern parlance has it, a "mutant", for which he is exceedingly prickly of slights or prejudice) and what will happen when he meets someone or something that can injure him badly.

Sparkler: Sparkler and I have an excellent rapport, borne of a joint mission in Louisiana. She is a simply marvellous girl as her instincts for danger are truly rare. And how does one project burning Thermite from one's hands without immolating themselves? My only worry is of her addiction to chocolate as a "fuel" for her powers (psychological addiction, perhaps?) and her lack of overall experience as a metahuman crimefighter. I have no concern of her overall combat potential or skills; just a concern of her being a "one-trick pony", depending on her powers over her skills. I've heard it's a common problems among very powerful metahumans. Not having any myself, I cannot have any such overconfidence.

Victoria Celeste: As I have a slight distrust of so-called "magic users", I was initially skeptical of an animated, or if you will, "possessed" Victorian porcelain doll. However, whoever created her (regardless of his evil intent) was possessed himself of genius, for whatever his source of powers, she is a remarkable automaton, capable of closely imitating a human being to a very precise degree, and also capable of a wide array of powers. Whether they are as she maintains "magical" abilities or if in fact they are simply psychic in origin is now a moot point. My concern is if we can trust her entirely - if she can survive more than a century and a half, what of her creator?

Retribution: I strangely find myself trusting her the least of the long-term members of the group. For one thing, she is undoubtedly well-connected and her powers have a purportedly divine origin, but is this true? Is it from the Creator or some other more sinister source? And her recent transformation into an "Angel of Vengeance" is a bit troubling. What if her new set of orders clash with ours? And she now may be subject to recall; this could be troublesome, as the Creator (or whomever) could rob us of her services at inopportune times.

Outfox: Definitely not a double agent, despite what some in my own service have said. (They should have seen what she did to the Chinese "hero" Graniteman.) In a way, I am more concerned about her safety than even my own, as she is still quite young and a bit impulsive. The passage of time should give her experience in this regard. Her capabilities in martial arts are almost supernatural. That she was the product of selective genetic engineering is a tribute to the technological prowess (and ethical corruption) of the modern PRC. I am concerned that the Chinese will try to convince or coerce her into returning, possibly at the hands of the "Tiger Squad".

Chayinde: I have to say I am two minds of our extraterrestrial. A former intelligence operative can but only be ambivalent about a mind-reading, mind-probing, mind-shattering alien, with the face of a faintly anthropomorphized hermit crab, whose role is roughly equivalent to a "game warden", with Earth being the "preserve" and humans themselves being the "game"; in that regard, she is somewhat akin to a known enemy agent with which one must work. However, she has proven her loyalty to me and the group time and again, and has never betrayed a mental confidence of any ally. I worked closely with her on a mission to Britain, and she volunteered her services without hesitation. She also has combat capability outside of her psychic powers, and is our team's pilot.

Mama Moxie: On reserve. Although I regard his (her?) hermaphroditic tendencies as a bit off-putting (is this common nowadays?), Moxie is an excellent recce scout with the ability to walk through almost any substance without harm. Moxie has also allowed my parent service to examine the base technology of his/her flying motorcycle.

Flare and Binary: So far, I do not know enough about these team members to form much beyond a first impression of them. Flare I trust more than Binary, but that is because Binary appeared from the same artifact that has caused us so much trouble in the past. Binary has powerful yet unreliable abilities of atomic-level assembly and disassembly, and he is also troubled with profound memory loss of his past, which not even Chayinde has been able to sift through. Flare's psychic powers are complimentary to Chayinde's, yet she has Mama Moxie's abilities to walk through most physical objects.

I trust you will find my assessments useful.

As always, my deepest regards,

Deuce

Paragon's thoughts on his Alliance teammates

Red Storm: He has grown into a true hero, despite the wrongs I inflicted on him years ago. Most people would become bitter at the loss of so many friends, at such a young age. He has grown from a naïve, idealist young adult into a mature, responsible man. My only concern his fascination, no obsession; with an alien race he calls the Thrixx. He still remains one of the bravest men I have ever known.

Delt: Spoiled, immature and at best somewhat chauvinistic. Delt’s wealthy upbringing hasn’t taught him the value of hard work and earning respect. His control over localized temporal space does make him a very useful ally. Perhaps Red Storm can help him mature some.

El Mano Rojo: Cloaked in a shadow of mystery very few people know who he truly is. He has one of the sharpest minds I have ever seen and his deductive reason skills are perhaps unrivaled. His loner attitude and lack of teamwork could lead to problems in the future.

Valkyrie: She tries to hide the sadness and loss of her husband behind a façade of humor and usually succeeds. She is a professional in all sense of the word. It does help that she comes from a family of heroes. If she can get rid of the ghosts that haunt her she can perhaps find happiness once more.

Maxum: Arrogant, self-centered and a bit crude, but given the fact that he comes from another dimension where he was raised in the gladiator pits does explain most of it. His unfamiliarity with Earth’s cultures and decent morals is causing some friction. I’ve had to prove I’m stronger just to get him to listen, but his hand-to-hand training almost made up for the difference.

Thomas “Tommy” Heat: I was told to respect my elders so I try with Mr. Heat. But he lacks any sense of teamwork and is very disruptive to the team balance. I am impressed that man in his 80’s is in such great shape. His claims of being an early tester of some “Super Soldier” program is unsubstantiated, but he does have a lot of friends in some very interested positions in the government.

Dragon: He claims to be last of his species, taken to human form in an attempt to “understand this new creature that controls the world”. He’s pretty tough, very quick and seems to know almost every martial arts ever created. And by know I mean mastered. He does seem out of place, almost child-like in his behavior, but then he will say something that shows wisdom from some ancient time.

Shock: Competent beyond all belief. He doesn’t have the most experience but he knows exactly what is needed of him and goes beyond those needs. It doesn’t hurt that he’s capable of taking an incredible amount of damage. I know of only one incident in which he was knocked out and the person that did it had to cheat. He once took a direct hit from Grond barely flinched.

Artemis: A fierce and savage warrior, skilled in the use of almost every archaic weapon created. She never quits, even if it means chasing a villain across frozen tundra. It took her two weeks to recover, but she caught him. She doesn’t seem to be fond of men in general but she does show some respect to Red Storm.

Detective Aggie Granger: She thinks of herself as just a normal person, but she is so mush more. She can manipulate fields of force and has a Master in Physics. Dangerous combination. Her sense of duty and no nonsense attitude make her a very good friend.

* paging Pariah for another view on the team. :)

Ask, and you shall receive...eventually. :D

Wild Card's thoughts on his teammates:

Sift - You couldn't ask for a better teammate. Not only is she a master of her powers, but her tactical skills have proven useful (and life-saving) in a lot of circumstances. Warrior, mystic, academic, and friend.

Gate - The man is a consummate professional. Not only does he have an impressive array of powers and skills, but his mindset is both compassionate and pragmatic at once. A true hero.

Rham Daap - Perhaps the most impressive pure fighter I've ever seen, or met. Superior balance, grace, economy of effort, and devastating results. Every motion seems to flow seamlessly into the next. It's almost like he knows what's coming next when he makes any move.

Axe - To be perfectly honest, she makes me a little nervous. I know she's really no more lethal than any of the rest of my teammates; she just feels like she is for some reason. Still, with DEMON and the like constantly causing problems, it's reassuring to know she's covering my back. Definitely a better person to have as a friend than an enemy.