WWYCD: "Tell me about your teammates."

CrosshairCollie

Re: WWYCD: "Tell me about your teammates."

Phidippus' views on his teammates thus far:

Ashley: Though he started off as an insufferable pain with more mouth than sense (and a real need to piss people off for no good reason), Phidippus has come to realize two important things. One: He and Ashley have a heck of a lot in common, save for one twist of their origins - Phidippus got away from his evil creators before they could dominate him, while Ashley never got that chance. A "there but for the grace of God go I" kind of situation that's really caused Phidippus a lot of grief ("that's no excuse!"), and helped him understand the man under Ashley's abrasive exterior ("I know where you're coming from, man").

At the end of the day, a true friend and soul brother, and utterly committed to fighting the good fight - worthy of trust and a loyal ally - but never, EVER let the reporters talk to him...:rolleyes:

Event: A good kid all around - great head for science, ironclad moral code, decent sense of humor. He's really coming into his own as a hero, and without really needing to guide him at all - he seems to be making all the right choices, even when things get tough. He's been spending a lot of time lately with his civilian ID (which he's certainly entitled to), and Phidippus is worried that it's a sign that the stress of superheroics is getting to him. He's got a lot of potential - let's just hope he isn't burning out so soon after getting started.

Horizon: Levelheaded and precise, with strong morals and a keen mind. He's got a lot of potential too, but he doesn't seem to be as committed to the work as Event - if he wasn't there, Horizon likely wouldn't be either. Kind of a tough guy to figure out - one moment he's facing down King Cobra without flinching, the next he's flaking out on patrol duties. He's totally dependable when he's there on the job, but it's hard to get him involved in the first place sometimes. Hopefully he stops riding the fence and chooses one way or the other. Is there some secret he's hiding that demands a lot of his attention? Will continuing to help and guide him cause him to open up about what's on his mind? Only time will tell.

Alec/Dr. Werewolf: Jekyll and Hyde have nothing on this guy. Alec's a thoroughly decent guy who's in a really difficult situation - a very familiar one. With any luck, we can track down who created him and help put his life back together. If that can't be done, he'll still need friends to watch his back - even if he doesn't want to live the life of a superhero (can't blame him - he does have a life to get back to), he's got the heart of a good one. As soon as we get a decent amount of downtime, we'll definitely need to share some notes on various scientific disciplines.

Dr. Werewolf, on the other hand, is an accident waiting to happen. Militant cyber-werewolves bristling with experimental energy weapons are generally bad news - though his programming in this personality seems stable enough, all it might take would be one trigger-happy cop to set off a powder keg. His tertiary form (giant cyber dire wolf with even bigger weapons and berserk attitude) is, quite frankly, a menace that is nearly as big a threat as any villain we've faced to date - all the more reason to keep it close by. Alec, though well-meaning, shares memories with these things - so don't let him stick his nose in too much sensitive info.

Alagara: Phidippus just wants to make her happy (or is it so she'll be grateful and make him happy?) - but she's following her own path. Hopefully she comes back one day for good. He's not quite sure what his feelings are about her; but whatever those feelings are, he knows he misses her. The real question is: Is it because she really does occupy a part of his heart, or because he's trying to shoehorn her into it? Is she as perfect and true a friend as he feels she is, or is he putting her up on a pedestal? For that matter, is her move to another city a sign that he's been too pushy or clingy? Does he mean anywhere near as much to her as she does to him? Oy. Beating up the bad guys is so much simpler...:idjit:

Volt "Sometimes I worry about Olorin. I mean, he's a medieval and he has the mentality. Modern tech doesn't bother him, he just puts it into "weird magic" category and leaves it at that. No, I mean he'd likely to break the law to pursue justice, especially to kill a villian that is a known killer not in self defense or defense of others to remove him form the equation in the future. I or other heroes may have to bring him in if he does this, and that worries me. He's very versitile, and could easly kill me. Overall though, he's really on the side of the angels and is quite fun to be around. A goofball, but can be serious if need be. Full of life and joy. I like him."

"Black Tiger is a bit suspicious of authority, but I understand why. Competant, seeking justice, quiet and more thoughtful than people think, although he is a simple man. He tends to beat up on villians that tick him off swears a lot and is a bit dark, but I trust him with my life. Oh, Olorin too."

"Disarray is a bit unsure of herself, but comes up with more good ideas than she thinks. They don't always work out, but they are still good ideas. Wonders how she got into this but thinks she must use the powers for good and not sit on the sidelines. That is also my thinking. I think she considers herself the week link in the party, but I do not. Saved our butts more than once. I think time will give her more confidence."

"Gem is a scientist and always thinking that way. She wonders how Olorin does what he does, being magic and all, and asks him a lot. Olorin does his best to answer, but boggles her mind, both on purpose and accidently. He has said, and I think with honesty "Do you have five years?" I think she understands the point. Good team member, follows plans well and thinks for herself well as well. Fairly versitile, and uses it to good effect. Good team member."

Olorin"I like and respect Volt. He does this as a responsibility of power morality issue and is a true hero, putting himself into danger for others who cannot help him. He is our moral center and I listen to what he says. He would probably be a cleric of some good god where I came from. Good leader, and does not want to be since that requires interface with the outside world and he is an introvert and intensely private man. I trust him with my life. I may be leader once I understand this world better, but will always seek his counsel."

"Black Tiger. Oh, boy, I know the type! Someone suspicious, espcially of authorities, foul mouthed, voilent, moody, etc. You can count on him to do his job, and he does it well. Good man to have in a fight."

"Disarry needs more confidence and that should come with time. I find her irriatating sometimes because she often says 'Olorin can you ...' and fills in the blank with a good idea I just can't do right now. I'm not that versatile. Oh, eventually I could given months, but we never have months. I'm going to have to come up with a list. Things I can do right now, a few hours, days, weeks, months and years. Only the first two categories will I be dead on with, but the others... I'm beginning to babble a bit. Sorry. Good to have around, but needs more confidence. I said that already, didn't I? Oh well. Good teammate, and easy on the eyes."

"I think I boggle Gem's mind, and don't always intend to. Questioning mind, but not annoying about it. She aways wants to understand things. Pretty versatile, and has good instincts as what to use when. Not bad looking outside of the suit. Valued teammate."

Black Tiger "Volt is a good leader who has proved himself over and over. I trust him. He wears his authority lightly, and has proved worthy of it. He is a true hero, one I strive to be like."

"I can't figure Olorin out. I like him , he's intelligent, but babbles a bit. He likes to pull peoples' legs and boggle their minds. Very versatile, and knows how to use it. Fun to be around, and can be deadly, literaly, in a fight. Can get you out of a bad scrape fast. Good to have around."

"Disarray need more confidence. She's better than she thinks, smarter than she thinks. Her abilty to confuse people gives me the creeps a bit, but she's a good teammate."

"Gem is a good addition to the team. I think Olorin's magic bugs her a bit, since she is a physics professor. Although new to the game, seems to know what she is doing."

Apex - Yeah Makeshift's all right. He talks too much, and is a bit goofy, but he gets the job done...usually. I haven't worked with Triage too much. Seems like he has some pretty useless powers and doesn't really know how to use the ones he has. I dunno, who cares they got me around to do it all.

As an aside: hfergus, you know that Hitler quote in your signature, he never actually said that. You can reference it here

Those of you who have read my character postings may wonder why Futurian has not commented on his teammates. That is because he officialy does not had a team yet. He will join "The Misfit League" shortly. Their comments on him and his on them follow.

Volt on Futurian "I think the first thing that should be said is 'Any sufficently developed technology is indistinguisable from magic.' Probably one reason why him and Olorin get on so well. Awesome when tech around, almost helpless when not. Does this because he has nowhere esle to go, but helpful and reliable in spite of this. A bit of a loose cannon in that he follows his own plans, but they normally work. Does work well with others though."

Olorin on Futurian "I like him! Hes' a hoot! I guess we get along well at least partially since we are people out of time. I think he's hiding his pain with humor a little, but it's a coping mechanism. He is almost like a mage specializing in tech; which releaves pressure on me. Good for a laugh and a good teammate."

Black Tiger on Futurian "I really can't figure him out. I thought Olorin was bad. Total goofball, even in combat often. Put him up against tech, and he's almost a god. Away from tech and Bulldozer could whup him. He helps, but I wonder what he is up to."

Futurian "Volt's a good man and good leader, although Olorin is working up to the position. I don't want it. Volt is so heroic, it's almost painful, but I respect him."

"Olorin. Whooo! What a trip! Give him enough time, and I swear he can do anything. Real fun to be around. Gonna be a good leader, and boy do I aprreciate his t-ports getting us out of scrapes! I wish he did his fireball more often, it's really quite impressive."

"Black Tiger is a simple soul. Take the bad guy down and beat him to a pulp. Well, not always. Competent, a bit too serious for me, but good to have around."

"Disarray. Will that girl ever get a grip? In a limited way, she's the most powerful of us all, even if not the most versatile. Between us, machine and organic minds do not stand a chance. And the ideas she comes up with. Good 'uns. Not always doable, but good 'uns nonetheless. Good crowd control. Really easy on the eyes too. Hubba hubba. Did I use that right?"

"Gem wears an alien suit that is obsolete where I come from, but powerful here. Makes good use of it though. Good scientific mind. I think both Olroin and I boggle her a bit. Good to have around."

This one is fairly open-ended. What does your character think of his/her teammates? You can frame it if you want ... diary' date=' blog, closed-door meeting with a superior officer, seeing Doc Samson, or just internal monologue, but what does your PC *really* think of his teammates? :D[/quote']

Tricky, feelings can get hurt that way... however it did actually come up in game awhile back

"...Meghan is fantastic, Mimic has a good head on her shoulders and is remarkably patient with us when the BS flies... Aeroforce will literally take a blast for you and keep on flying into more, Arcadian is hard to know but has lots of experience and Archer is a ...Archer's good at what he does, and nice...in a Dirty Harry meets William Tell kind of way."

(Giving a thumbnail description of the Covenant to Dr Silverback)

The membership has since changed

What Mole thinks about:

Ember- "You know Billy Joel's really old song about 'always a woman'? Take out the bad stuff, okay, half of the bad stuff, and you've got Ember. She's... well, she's the best thing that ever happened to me, but this is about her, not how I feel about her, right? right. I'll move on. She's determined, she's brave, and strong, but still vulnerable. Not sure if she'd like me saying that last, but I'm glad she is, in a selfish sort of way, because its taught me to think about what I say, you know? I've never met a kinder more compassionate person in my life, and I know she worries about being a good leader, probably too much so, but I think she does fine. I was already a hero before I met Ember, but after I met her, I learned more about what being a man meant as well.

Oh, and she looks FANTASTIC in a bikini"

Gale- "I don't want to KNOW the #$#$ Gale has been through, but I get the feeling I wouldn't have coped half so well if stuff like that had happened to me. She's definitely got a grip on the street side of things, our resident expert and it seems to have made her all the more determined to clean it up. Sometimes I worry she doesn't respect my opinion, which should go to show how much I want her to I suppose, because normally I'm kind of full of myself. One thing I think I've got figured out about her, Gale doesn't quit. Ever. I pity the idiots who convince her they need to be taken down, because she will."

Hannah- "Gale's Girlfriend is pretty cool, not exactly a team mate in the sense that she goes to battle with us per se, but she's on everyone's speed dial for 'mystic emergency' and has saved our butts lots of times. She knows everything, which if I thought about it too long would probably make me worry about what she's seen me doing. Fortunately ,she can also keep a secret. Great hospitality too. First time I met her, she pretty much swung the doors wide open for everyone involved."

Scion- "Just joined up it seems... actually, he was a possible recruit until drafted by time abduction, long story, don't ask. He'll be around in the future and on the team, so I guess we become friends. I'll always be grateful for how he handled a certain hostage situation, and I like the bantering skills. Too soon to say much else."

Tamlyn - Is vaguely irritated by everyone in the group. But especially Tarot, because after living for so long Tarot should know better. She has gained a recent respect for Speculation (mentalist) and Gila (our brick), because they showed potential and the willingness to reach for it.

Tamlyn is currently bitter and it is reflected in the opinions of her teammates, she is gradually growing out of it.

Gwendolyn - She loves everyone! Except for pirates, she hates them! :D

Enforcer: (allies past and present)

Mantis - The consummate martial artist. He has been both the gadget wielding trixter and the wuxia zen ch'i master. But before that and inspite of that, he's a very friendly man who has made a life of putting the needs of others before himself. He looks for the spark of nobility in everyone.

Xenonoblaster - a truly amazing bit of technology (which is probably what he thinks of me), a hive mind worker/explorer that gained sentience. I have found that his emotional/spiritual growth has mirrored mine over the years. I am proud to have fought alongside him. Just as proud to have learned along side him.

Emperia - er...She's very potent. Honestly, she has one of the most complex moral codes I've ever encountered. I dare say if she had been a supervillain I wouldn't have been surprised. However, beyond her overbearing nature, and tremendous...self confidence, she has shown more than a few glimpses of compassion and likeability. And she's a very ...thorough...? Sure, thorough lover. Who else is on the list?

Ace - I used to view him with contempt, he was an arrogant, former assassin who didn't seem to take responsibility for his actions. However, the longer he associated with heroes, the more heroic he became. His retirement and subsequent professorship at the Promethean Academy seems to have brought him the peace that he so long desired.

Aikido - The single most competitive woman I have ever known. Heart of silver and a champion of justice, but she even gets riled up playing solitaire.

Rising Son - @$$hole

Tempest - Greedy, selfish, gloryhound. And still came out looking like a paragon a virtue to the press and public. But when the chips were down, he came through at the cost of his own life. I will miss him.

Rat-Man - Never have I seen such grounded nobility and peace in the face of prejudice and hatred. Carlos put the world on his shoulders and it only took the world a decade to finally consider him worthy. And he can cook something fierce.

Titan - a scared young woman looking to escape her past and find a future. Wrapped in a weapon of terrible power. She bore the responsibility well and when the time came, she stepped out of the shadows of her past.

Captain Tempest - A living comicbook hero. I was always astounded by his ability to make the right decision. Getting to know him as a team mate was a joy. I consider him one of my best friends.

Vice - a free spirit and one of my favorite people ever. She is uncontrolled passion and surprisingly responsible and clever.

General stuff only for most of them.

Mask of Justice: Good people. Stout companions. Useful allies. Sometimes I feel a little intimidated by their powers, but I compensate with my own special insights.

Calculus: They're untrustworthy fools who can't keep a secret worth a damn. I try to keep them at arm's length, but they can't seem to take a hint, and insist on trying to "bond" with me like we did when we were kids.

Rock Bottom: I get along with them okay. Tao's a little creepy sometimes, and I kinda have a crush on our leader, but I can't tell anyone because of how the press might abuse it.

Kira Midori: They mean well, I guess. They're products of their enivironments, like I am of mine, and it's not their fault that the Twenty-First Century is such a hellhole. Redcap and I have dated, but it's nothing serious.

Talion: You're not recording this, right? Storm Master is a vainglorious idiot who can't handle the decision whether to have eggs or oatmeal for breakfast, let alone how to use his powers in a fight. Grey Wolf is a backstabbing bastard--he can fight like a champ when he's actually motivated though. Speed Bump is an annoying twerp--and his obsession with Lady Di gets creepier every year. Mighty Man's the best of the lot, he shuts up and gets the job done. Botanist, well, I would like her a whole lot better if she didn't come as a package deal with Storm Master and back him whenever an argument comes up. Dark Knight is a prime example of why people think comic book fans are nuts. And don't even get me started on She-Cat. If I could think of a legal way to kill her and make it stick, I would.

What Banner thinks about his current fellow Avengers:

Arachne- "Full of energy,she underestimates herself too often if you ask me. Definitely a tactical asset, she also makes me smile with her good humor. Of course, there are times I realize she probably isn't going to college, and I am going to 'superhero special hell' just for letting her on the team."

Black Knight- "I don't know her that well, but so far she's been an angel and a good team player. Her powers are so versatile as to be scary. She seems to be a natural peace maker, and I'm grateful for it."

Hornet- "It can be very intimidating to lead a team where one of the members has more points in IQ than my height in inches times 3. Still, in many ways, he's remarkably down to Earth for a scientist type. I understand at least half of what he's saying. More seriously, I can talk to him more easily than I can the others especially when a half android half mutant redhead rips your heart out and takes it with her...I know, same old story everywhere. "

Iron Girl- "How does someone have all that on their plate, handle it all so smoothly, and still end up looking fabulous? Seriously, I just don't know. The Avengers would fall apart with out her I think. Sometimes it is easy to forget she's just as smart as Hornet is, but that's a mistake I do not recomend making to anyone. "

Ms. Marvel- "Probably the most physically powerful woman I've ever met, she seems to believe the secrets of the universe can be discovered by breaking stuff. The annoying thing is, thus far, her theory seems to be working out fine. She doesn't always like to share, but that's confidence, not glory hogging and she shoots from the hip. I will admit, arranging tactics around her thus far seems to consist of 'follow through the hole she just made' but so far that works too."

How Gabriel Shaw feels about the other X-Men:

Stereo: Belligerant and filled with bluster, he takes "Angry Irishman" and runs it into the ground. He has a smart mouth and is far too independent for the team. Still, he is tactically versatile and quite powerful. If I can direct his anger, he will be an asset.

HipHop: Insolent and cocky. Filled with the need to show off and to prove his worth, probably due to his father's ... misfortunes. Still, despite his smart mouth he has proved willing to work with the team in whatever capacity is needed.

Big Guy: Ah, Dominic. You hide a great deal of pain and insecurity under that playful exterior. Still, the X-Men is not a therapy session or a daycare. You cannot bring your problems into the field with us.

Rebus: A complete unknown. I will learn more of him.

(Yeah, Shaw is kinda a d**k). ;)

Ms. Marvel's view on her fellow Avengers:

Banner: "Smart guy. Definitely has that 'natural leader' thing going, but a bit uptight, needs to get that big stick he carries around out of his butt every now and then and just let 'er rip."

Hornet: "One of those smart guys. Like, obnoxiously smart. Would be cute if he'd stop talking about DNA and robots and . . . heck, I can't even pronounce most of it."

Arachne: "Was this girl bitten by a radioactive mouse or something? C'mon, sweetie, I know you're young and all, but sheesh, you're a superhero. You're an Avenger. Have some fun with it! Still, damn, she's fast. Don't think I could lay a hand on her if I wanted to."

Black Knight: "Barely know her, but she has a flying horse. A flying horse! As far as I'm concerned, anybody who has a flying horse is automatically cool."

Iron Girl: "Just because daddy left you a billion dollars and a super-suit does not make you better than the rest of us, you . . . . well, let's just say she's not my favorite person around. Stuck-up little elitist . . . never mind."

Not currently playing, but recent enough:

Cinnabar: "She disliked me the moment we met. Which is good, because if somebody like that liked me I'd think I was doing something wrong."

Wow didn't think about Hero Central Games:

Riders on the Storm

What Felix thinks about...

Rick: Damn he's smart. If there's a problem he'll solve.

Gecko: Down to Earth but... odd. I guess if I looked like that, well who knows what that will do to you.

Starboi: Can anyone really be that nieve? It hardly seems possible. Talks too much.

Hoplite: In some ways we're more alike than I'd care to admit. I'd love to know how he can so easily go from Soldier to Playboy with the snap of his fingers.

What the Engine thinks about...

Rick: Tactically sound judgement. Lacks the drive to go all the way. Would be much more effective if he carried a gun.

Gecko: Odd abilites, uses the element of suprise well. Would make a great scout, if he could communicate with the rest of us at a distance. Needs more offensive power.

Starboi: Complete idiot. He has the power to end most conflicts in seconds, but refuses to do what's needed.

Hoplite: Fights well. Could be the best if he'd focus.

Eh, while I'm at it, Electron on her fellow Thunderbolts:

Journeyman: "Big. Strong. Pretty quiet guy, dependable and tough, though. And sane. This is a benefit. He's actually sane."

Georgette Batroc: "Oh God . . . where do I start? She's beautiful, flamboyant, obnoxious, more obnoxious, more flamboyant, maybe some more obnoxious added in. She's flashy and fun and I never know whether she's going to save the day or . . . do I even want to think about it? And that bag! Where does all that stuff come from? Wait, I don't even want to know. I mean, whatever we need, she seems to have SOMETHING in that bag. She doesn't even file off the names! I mean, SHIELD, Interpol, the Russian military . . . it's not like she got these at the flea market! Wait, no, I don't want to think about it. I tried to take her out to lunch one day to talk about it discreetly, but next thing I know she's dragging me into fancy boutiques and turned it into a shopping expedition! I can't afford those places! And then, she's got all these clothes later, and I swear she didn't spend any time at the checkout counter. Sure, maybe she's got a line of credit . . . oh, who am I kidding. I'm going to get taken to jail as an accessory eventually, aren't I?"

Eva von Doom: "Her name is 'Doom'. Yes, 'Doom'. That Doom. As in 'Doctor'. What can I say? She's what, 19 or something, is a genius, and is the dictator of a small country. She owns a country! And they apparently like it! I don't understand how that works. Here, we elect somebody, hate them for four years, and then elect somebody else to hate, but her, she gets born, and she's beloved. It's just . . . she could be more low-key, OK? Just a bit. And the way she talks . . . is referring to yourself in the third person genetic? Is there some kind of Arrogance Gene tracked in our DNA? Is there somebody who can research this? Still, she's reliable, and I'm at least 75% certain she's serious about being a hero and not going to try to take over the world anytime soon. Still, if she could stop using 'that accursed Richards!" as her replacement for normal swearing I'd appreciate it. It's hard enough to take a bunch of supervillain's kids seriously without Doctor Doom's daughter going off on rants to the press about how 'Richard and his accursed family of freaks need to be exiled to the Negative Zone' three times a week."

How Arachne feels about the Avengers:

Banner: Um... He's OK. I guess. He's a pretty good leader and all. And he looks really hawt in spandex. OMG, did I just say that out loud?

Hornet: He's pretty cool, and he talks to me about science and stuff. I'm not as smart as my dad but I'm still pretty smart, so I understand most of it. Well, some of it. He's also kinda a babe, which is funny 'cause I thought all scientist types were stuffy and geeky and stuff.

Ms. Marvel: Geez, she's... um... wow. When is the boob fairy going to come pay me a visit? :( Oh, as a team mate? Um. Well, she's really strong, and she likes to hit stuff. That's good, right?

Black Knight: She's kinda cool. She has a horse with wings, which is pretty awesome when you think about it. And she's got this whole "turns things into other things" thing going on, which is really handy when you're fighting a guy made out of adamantium.

Iron Girl: Oh my god, her broom closet is bigger than my parents' whole apartment! I have no idea how anyone could possibly need that much money! Still... I hope she's my Secret Santa next Christmas...

Cinnabar: She's like my big sister. My big, sad, lonely sister. :( I wish I could get her to crack a smile once in a while. No luck so far, but I'll keep working on it!

Georgette Batroc: "Oh God . . . where do I start? She's beautiful' date=' flamboyant, obnoxious, more obnoxious, more flamboyant, maybe some more obnoxious added in. She's flashy and fun and I never know whether she's going to save the day or . . . do I even want to think about it? And that bag! Where does all that stuff come from? Wait, I don't even want to know. I mean, whatever we need, she seems to have SOMETHING in that bag. She doesn't even file off the names! I mean, SHIELD, Interpol, the Russian military . . . it's not like she got these at the flea market! Wait, no, I don't want to think about it. I tried to take her out to lunch one day to talk about it discreetly, but next thing I know she's dragging me into fancy boutiques and turned it into a shopping expedition! I can't afford those places! And then, she's got all these clothes later, and I swear she didn't spend any time at the checkout counter. Sure, maybe she's got a line of credit . . . oh, who am I kidding. I'm going to get taken to jail as an accessory eventually, aren't I?"[/quote']

And in response... ;)

What Georgette Batroc thinks of the Thunderbolts:

Electron: She is ze geeky one, no? Non, zat is Stilt-Girl. No, I was right ze first time... actually, zey are both ze geeky ones. 'ow did someone as glamorous as moi get stuck on a team with so many ... 'ow you say? ... sticks in ze mud? Ah me, zis is my punishment! Still, with a little 'ard work, I am sure I can bring zem both up to a respectable level of charm and worldliness. I will make dear Electron into a leader worthy of ze name! I just wish she would not resist so.

Stilt-Girl: Such a sweet girl. But zis is ze problem! Nobody likes ze sweet girl! I 'ave a difficult job ahead of me. Lucky for zem, I 'ave ze patience of a saint and ze persistance of ... well, somezing tres persistant.

Lady Doom: Finally, someone with a bit of class! Everyzing about Eva, I like. Except per'aps her wardrobe -- she 'as nothing in it worth borrowing! Also, I like 'ow she refers to 'erself in ze third person. Per'aps I should start doing zat too? Or should I say... "Per'aps Batroc should start doing zat, too?"

Journeyman: 'e is so cute when 'e is trying to impress ze girls, no? If 'e were not my ... 'ow you say? ... teammate, I would allow 'im to escort me out some time. But since we 'ave to work togezaire, zat would just make zings awkward, so sadly, ze answer will always be "Non."

Opinions from Stereo on his fellow X-Men:

Adamant- He's a Shaw, and therefore not to be completely trusted. Mind you, I might try more often if he didn't act like his crap didn't stink. Oh, he's smart in some areas, but not one half as much as he thinks. Truth, the biggest perk to having him on the team is how it cheers me when I get to watch the wind get taken out of him. Still, he's an X-man, which means even though he's an ass, I'll protect him *grumble*

Big Guy- Handy lad to have in a scrap, easy going enough, and he cooks. Nice to have someone on the team who doesn't have any pretensions, and yeah, I'm including myself in containing those failings. I wouldn't mind bending an elbow at a pub with him sometime.

HipHop- Shaw wishes he were as smart as HipHop, and I admit, Hip Hop's referring to Adamant as "Adam Ant" made me take a liking to him right away. At first I wasn't sure what he'd bring power wise to the team, but seeing him whip out devices like a professional gambler pulling out aces, I know longer have any doubts. A joker among the crew, but you sometimes need one of those to keep it from getting too grim.

Rebus-Rebus? Is that his name? Wasn't sure I heard right the first time. Doesn't seem a bad sort, but too soon to tell.

All of them all together? Well, they're X-Men, aren't they? and X-Men take care of their own. Like the man said, 'Nuff said.

Sift

Wild Card - Nice guy, great sense of humor, and cute in a geeky sort of way. His magical cards are fun to see what he comes up with next. Decent hand to hand fighter, practices Savate if I am not mistaken. I enjoyed creating a couple of luck based spells that look like cards based on his stuff.*

Gate - A real asset to the team, even if he looks like Ted Kazinski. His abilities to teleport us around the globe. Strong too. His healing makes him look a little strange. Cares about people a lot. Helps the homeless. We cross train, he shows me some Judo, I show him Aikido and Tae Kwon Do.

Rham Daap - What I see of him is impressive. Easily the best hand to hand fighter on the team - fights with a combination of Escrima and Karate. Really good with sticks. Doesn't speak a lot of English though. Hard to get to know because of that. But he is fearless, and his training seems to have given him some impressive ch'i abilities.

Axe - Boy she can be bad tempered and something of a know it all, but underneath it, she's likable enough. We've done some Girl Nights out. She practices some weaponed fighting style she learned when she was the destined hero in some other dimension. She is actually a full blow Spellslinger like me, so we've been teaching each other magic. It's really cool to learn a completely different magical tradition.

* paging Pariah for another view on the team. :)

GloryFox - Thinking to himself, "Wow just wow that new member Whei Tu Fauun chick is just so damm hot!" "Must not show it, must concentrate on being a good example of a good team leader." "Oh crap! she is wearing that black skin tight thong cleavage busting outfit again," "Concentrate... must continue to concentrate on the task at hand..." :jawdrop:

The Grasshopper - "I swear these guys need to pull it together!" "No one cares I repeat no one cares who ordered the double Cheese, Pepperoni, Onion, and Anchovie extra large pizza." "Either eat it, pick the toppings off you don't like or stop complaining about it." Thinks to himself all the time, "Perhaps I should become a villain and kick their asses? At least maybe then they will act like a team." :ugly:

Spirit of Freedom - "Hey you gonna eat that left over smoked salmon?" "If these guys flirt with my wife one more time I'm gonna go all Bear Form on their asses." "You know someone pays for Direct TV at the super secret lodge, if that person wants to watch Hockey on Monday nights guess what? He gets too I don't care if the new 24 is on, get your own Direct TV and remote control."

Nox (Aegis):

"I like them all, of course. But, well, Peregrine is a good leader, other then there's a lot of gaps between how the two of us think. Not sure what I can do about that, but at least he doesn't mind taking a suggestion from me now and then.

MM? He's fun, silly, and he always eats everything I cook. *a fond grin* Plus, we can actually talk about superheroes without sounding like geeks to everyone else.

Diomedes, I respect. Perhaps the most. He's smart, which I'm not, but he never makes me feel like an idiot. Plus, it takes a lot of courage to go out there with just mortal skills to use. I don't know if I have the bravery to do that.

Valor? Hard to say. I mean, he treats things so...fully. Sometimes he'll come out with the most surprising insights, sometimes you want to hit him over the head with a brick. But I trust him with my life anytime."

Artemis, sitting on the edge of the stage in the place outside of time.

"Well, Aral...perhaps that's why I went looking for a father, when he left. He was the closest I remember to one. It's hard to decide why, exactly, he was. It just...happened."

Head bowed, trying not to cry. "Hermes is my brother. We didn't have much in common, but...I could talk to him, we could play, and we didn't need to talk. And he never stopped wanting to help. I miss him...I just don't know how much, yet."

"Quetz? Well...he doesn't trust me anymore. I don't know why. And he's hard for me to understand. He relies on his powers, instead of trusting himself as a god. It's...like there's this vast gap between the two of us, and Hermes' death just let that show."

Nox (Vanguard)

"Exemplar. He's the biggest hero, and as a child, I idolized him. With reason, of course. Now, it's hard to believe I'm on the same team as him." A pause, as she looks at the writing. "And yet, while there's still that acknowledgment of his heroism, the differences in how we think are there. I'm not sure how it will work out, but trust that good will turn out. I don't think either of us will settle for less."

On Daedalus "There are those out there that don't trust his change to a hero. I'm not one of them. Even as a villain, his heart was in the right place. Though his focus on technology to the exclusion of his spiritual development worries me. "What matters the whole world..." after all, is true."

"Striker...worries me. I don't have a problem working with him. There's a dark cloud around him. And his insistence that he knows my nature better then I do irritates. We will see."

Cyrande, in the ship, talking to Aemoth as he asks her

Horus is...attractive. Very much so. The god thing is amusing. But he's certainly...attractive.

Starguard. Innocent. Too much so. She tries so hard. *another sigh* And is too damn pretty for any piece of mind.

A smile. "Microman is such a find. I find it strange he's here, but I certainly plan on helping him as much as we can while we're here."

Warp, I understand. Perhaps too well. I can't blame him, I'm just surprised he's alone in saying those things.

Warmaster...Looking at the ceiling again. "I don't know. Part of me screams that he's the biggest danger here. The rest points out that killing him would ruin my chances to enjoy this world. But...he's too hard for me to read."

Since I started it, I s'pose I should get in on it.

Vixen

Re: CHANCE: "Oh, geez, where do I start. Firstly, he's a nerd. Total nerd. Knows a lot about all that scientific stuff, but has no creativity or imagination. I mean, he's got luck powers; he can do anything, but the little chicken-butt is too hung up on his limitations and doesn't think enough about his abilities. He says I'm the most powerful person on the squad, but he's wrong. I can do a lot of things, sure, but he can do ANYTHING. I'd trade powers with him in a heartbeat."

Re: GOLEM: "Frickin' stoner ... spends so much time high I've never seen his real personality. All I know about him is he's a major eco-freako ... I still don't know why Rowan hasn't expelled him for being a pothead."