Entangle vs CON?

Evil Steve

I'm working on a character that uses scorpion venom to paralize his opponents. I guessed it would best be represented by Entangle vs CON.

Here's the hitch:Is that an Advantage or a Limitation and what is it worth

Entangle vs Ego is +1.5 in advantages and -1 in limitations

Mental powers based on CON is is a -1 limitation

Your thoughts?

Re: Entangle vs CON?

Well, CON is twice as expensive as STR, and in Champions campaigns there are many brickish characters with much higher STR than CON. OTOH for most non-bricks CON is often higher than STR. But then, such characters usually have some other ability to break out of Entangles.

If this is a venom attack, it wouldn't make sense for someone else to be able help the victim break the Entangle. Based on the precedent for EGO-based Entangles, I'd require this build to take Takes No Damage From Attacks (+1/2) and Works Against CON, not STR (+1/4), for a total Advantage of +3/4.

That's probably a better way of doing it. I think you'd have about 10 modifiers on the Entangle power. The drain would just be Uncontrolled, Gradual Effect, and/or Delayed Return Rate. In my experience, I've always used Drain for poisons and diseases. So, hopefully it will work for you.

I have no problem with Entangle, based on CON. There are quite a few times in the comics where someone is tapped on the skin and instant paralysis occurs. I have a player whose character just bought something like this and it works just fine.

I'd probably buy it as an Uncontrolled DEX Drain rather than an Entangle. AFAIK' date=' poisons don't go 'bitePARALYSIS!' but rather you start to feel steadily more sluggish and clumsy until you finally flop over and twitch.[/quote']

Yeah, I would say a Drain would be better. It is the 'rare' poison that someone else can 'shoot off' targeting the entangle instead of the person.

I'm working on a character that uses scorpion venom to paralize his opponents. I guessed it would best be represented by Entangle vs CON.

Here's the hitch:Is that an Advantage or a Limitation and what is it worth

Entangle vs Ego is +1.5 in advantages and -1 in limitations

Mental powers based on CON is is a -1 limitation

Your thoughts?

My personal opinion is buying it with Based On ECV (+1), Takes No Damage From Physical Attacks (+1/4) would be enough. I don't know if I'd necessarily add in the (+1/4) Works Against CON, Not STR, since most PCs tend to have around 4d6+ of CON anyway. (This doesn't include other Advantages or Limitations such as not taking damage, affecting teleport, barriers, etc.)

As a GM, I wouldn't have a problem with it, depending on SFX. For example someone with electricity powers could use it as built, but someone who was using poison might have to have an additional limitation of causing Body first (and possibly linked to a killing attack).