Review of the Ultimate Vehicle?

proditor

Yes!

Ultimate Vehicle rocks!!!

I couldn't imagine a FREd collection being anywhere near complete w/out it. (Especially if one - at all - plans on running a vehicle in the system).

I also really enjoyed the featured Zeppelin in this month's DH.  More bonus vehicles would be really welcome in future installments of Digital Hero! (hint, hint)

I've had mine for months and have yet to use it. Not that I haven't had opportunities. It's just that on the one occasion where I wanted a vehicle I just winged it. But then the car wasn't particularly hideously strong.

It was the "bullpen car from hell". Scenario: The first female pitcher in major league history is treated shabilly by her organization and sent to the minors. She develops superpowers. One day they call her back to throw out the honorary first pitch of opening day. She shows up, acts cordial, then nails the catcher with a nasty pitch. Then after she's given her speach about the fickle fans and the evil management (Think WWF), the bullpen cars come tearing out. They are those baseball hat shaped cars modified with spikes mounted on the front of the brim for KA Movethrough damage (They break off after the first successful hit, then it goes to normal damage). The heroes have to stop her explosive pitches and the bulpen cars from wreaking havoc.

My point is that it was so much easier just to arbitrarily make something that was one-use than to point-pinch everything.

(Though admittedly I did make a player use the book to build his car. What can I say? It's good to be the GM.)

Muchas gracias!

Originally posted by Lord Liaden

This review from RPGnet will give you a pretty good overview of TUV:

http://www.rpg.net/reviews/archive/9/9422.phtml

Thanks for posting this. I was unaware of it, and am glad to finally see an "official" review. :D

And thanks to everyone for your positive comments -- with the week I've had, it couldn't have been timed better. :D

Re: Muchas gracias!

Originally posted by BobGreenwade

Thanks for posting this. I was unaware of it, and am glad to finally see an "official" review. :D

And thanks to everyone for your positive comments -- with the week I've had, it couldn't have been timed better. :D

What, all the effusive praise from us "unofficial" reviewers wasn't enough for you? ;)

Well heck, if stroking your fragile ego will encourage you to write more fine tomes like TUV:

"And since you know you cannot see yourself

So well as by reflection, I your glass

Will modestly discover to yourself

That of yourself which you yet know not of."

Julius Caesar, Act 1, Scene ii.

Re: Re: Muchas gracias!

Originally posted by Lord Liaden

What, all the effusive praise from us "unofficial" reviewers wasn't enough for you? ;)

Actually, that was part of what I was saying. All these good words from you fans are making it worth the trouble to go online. :D
Well heck, if stroking your fragile ego will encourage you to write more fine tomes like TUV: Julius Caesar, Act 1, Scene ii.
Thanks for the quote -- but it's not me in need of convincing. ;)

Re: Re: Re: Muchas gracias!

Originally posted by BobGreenwade

Actually, that was part of what I was saying. All these good words from you fans are making it worth the trouble to go online. :D Thanks for the quote -- but it's not me in need of convincing. ;)

Sounds like me and Ninja Hero. The reviews seemed okay, and most people liked the book. But no one seemed to go utterly nuts over it.