Group Designed Anime HERO

The Main Man

This is a project that I have proposed to my group, which they are into, which involves each of them submitting an anime that they like to be stirred into a proverbial pot.

The choices (of which there are seven members) were as follows:

Akira

Bible Black

Dragonball Z

Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex

Hajime No Ippo (aka "Fighting Spirit")

Hellsing

Naruto

You probably just read that and went, "Hm, Akira, that's nice. Bible Black-:nonp:*spit water at screen* "

Here's the thing:

1) I have always been about equality in my group, and this project is meant to be no different

2) The player's original choice was to be Gundam Wing, but it turned out that he didn't really know the show that well, simply choosing it to contend with the high powers of the other settings

3) Some of you are probably thinking, "Too many cooks spoils the broth," but up until he changed his component, there were ideas (but this thread would have been made either way) for how to combine them together, and they still remain.

4) If he changes his selection, I'll let all posters in this thread know!

But this thread is not about that, it's about asking HERO Boards members how they would combine the elements and themes of the shows to make a setting that is familiar to them, yet unique in its own way.

Another note: I am trying to approach these settings on a protagonist basis first.

Example: Akira may have psychic powers, but the main characters don't; they contend with antagonistic psychics mostly, or else clearly NPC psychics.

So what are some ideas that you all can come up with?

Re: Group Designed Anime HERO

WARNING: REALLY LONG POST

Let's see here.

Akira: Really high-tech future world. Based on Tokyo, with a significant population of hooligans and street punks. Parts of town are well maintained (read wealthy) and others wrecked, poor, or even practically abandoned. Very powerful military-indutrial complex, that very nearly overshadows the civilian government. Only a very few supers of any types - 6 psions total in the world (Akira, the three green kids, Tetsuo, and the girl, whose name I forget), no cyborgs, magic, mutants, power armor, mecha, or other super archetypes. Even the soldiers are just guys with high-tech weapons.

Bible Black: Don't know anything about this one.

Dragonball Z: Don't know very much, because I don't care much for it. But from what I do know... High-power martial artist/energy projectors running around a largely rural country looking for 'Dragonballs' which, I presume, are some sort of magical artifacts. That pretty much exhausts my knowledge.

Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex: This one I'm sorta familiar with, seen a fair number of the episodes plus the original movie (which I presume takes place after the series). Set in Japan, primarily urban setting, with a wide variety of locales, ranging from highly urban/wealthy, ghetto, suburban, slums, etc. Some wilderness settings, some in abandoned high-tech ruins. Characters are all cyborgs, to a greater or lesser extent. Computer programming/hacking skills very common. AIs are common, from the big mainframes to the little AI tanks (Tatskomas?). Other super archetypes don't exist.

Hajime No Ippo (aka "Fighting Spirit"): Don't know anything about this one. Judging by the name, it's 'Street Figher with a plot' (probably doing it a great disservice, though).

Hellsing: I have this series on DVD, it's a blast. Takes place in modern England, which defines the range of settings. Premis is that von Helsing, the famous vampire hunter, set up an organization dedicated to the destruction of all vampires. In the series, this organization discovers that someone has developed a way to technologically create vampires using some sorta implanted 'freak' chip (kinda vague, but it's a cartoon. Go with it). Real vamipres exists, generally vastly outclassing their artifical counterparts. Magic exists, as demonstrated several times by the vampires. Presumably humans can use it too, otherwise how did Alucard get bound to serve the von Helsings? Slightly more advanced weaponry exists, and the potential for cyborgs exists (the 'freak' chip is the giveaway). Theoretically power armor could be done as well. No mutant/altered human-type-superhumans, though.

Naruto: From what little I know, a lot like Dragonball. Kid running around getting into duels to hone his ninja skills. I'll leave my opinions of it out of this.

All right. Given the three I know pretty well, there is enough commonality that you could mix them, carefully.

First, the setting. You'll want a place that can combine the urban extremes of Akira/Ghost in the Shell with the European influences of Hellsing. Germany and the eastern European nations come to mind... Build up the big cities a lot, and let the countyside take care of itself, especially down around Hungary/Bulgaria... That also allows the Dragonball/Naruto infuences come into play, (I've never seen characters in either in any sort of even remotely urbanized area - in the comercials I've seen, anyway) you'll just have to come up with a rational reason for the 'dueling fighters' to be tolerated or ignored.

While I hate to suggest any Palladium products, perhaps RIFTS material about the New German Republic might be of use. Heck, go whole hog, use the whole 'post-apocolyptic' plotline. That way roaming bands of goons in the contryside are commonplace, and the government just has too much else on it's plate.

I would go with a fairly high tech level, like Akira/Ghost in the Shell. Add the 'freaks', cyborgs, power armor, high-tech weapons. Magic and monsters fit well into the European setting. Exotic martial artists... Well, I'm sure someone will come up with a good reason. The best one I have is that this is the last 'civilized' area, everything else is chaos. Or perhaps there is a magical-kung-fu reason... Eh.

That's as far as I can take it. Hope it helps!

I ran this kind of campaign years ago, but with The Guyver, The Beastmaster Zoanoid, Dark Schnieder (Bastard:Destructive God of Darkness) and Sailor Moon in a comedy High School setting.

Anime cross-breeding can work, but only if you get your players all on the same page. We watched an episode of something related to the campaign before each session, just to get us in the mood. (I don't recommend that with Bible Black, it may set the wrong mood)

Do you intend to run this as a "takes place after the series" or as a "we all know how it ends, its how we get there that's important" style?

Vulcan covered all the specific stuff I could hope to add, so good luck and keep us posted.

And have some rep.

In the far future an alien world, one in which creatures much like Earth's dinosaurs never died out, has been colonised by humanity. The initial urban civilisation established by the colonists is mostly gone, one city after another destroyed by various causes. Some are just craters or depopulate while one is a hellish warren for demons.

Most of the human occupied planet now consists of politically isolated villages and small towns hidden as much as possible by the local geography. Using a mixture of genetic engineering in the past and martial arts training in the present to achieve superhuman powers, their elite warriors defend their communities against each other as well as the native animal life and demons. Their general technology has declined to that of the mid-twentieth century because of their isolation.

There is one major city left, Neos. It is truly gigantic, it's population swollen by refugees from the destruction of the other major urban cities, but the refugees mostly haven't been accepted into Neos's society. They are suspect as sources of crime and terrorism and black magic cults and being suspect and kept in a state of poverty they naturally turn to crime and terrorism and black magic cults. It doesn't help that Neos has plenty of androids and cyborgs so that total bioforms need to work as cheaply as possible to compete in the marketplace. The reproduction rate of native Neosians is plunging but the use of cyberisation extends their life.

Our heroes are competing in a martial arts tournament hosted by Neos, but featuring many super-martial artists from the country. What they don't know is that the tournament is a smokescreen. Hidden inside Neos is a cryogenically stored "ultimate weapon" one created by the genetic engineering which produced the super-warriors of the hidden villages turned up to to eleven. The Weapon is insane and possessed of the power to casually destroy the entire city and perhaps the world if released, but Neos knows that wandering through space is an equally powerful alien entity which blasted several of the other cities. If it comes to destroy Neos, in desperation Neos will try to use the Weapon.

The tournament is intended to be a recruiting ploy. Neos will try to hire the more capable participants to help defend the city from terrorists and demons. However infiltrated into the tournament is a black magician who intends to enslave the participants and use them to penetrate into the vault where the Weapon is being held and release and enslave him as well. Meanwhile the Destroyer of Worlds approaches...

Of my group only a couple of us are into anime (8 people, 2 like anime, 1 dabbles). As a result the only anime that usually gets added is by me as the GM of our Dark Champions group. Currently in Hudson City we have Gunsmith Cats and Satella Harvenheit (from Chrono Crusade, the manga version) running around as NPCs/Allies of the Weekend Warriors (the PC Vigilantes).

I don't know anything about Bible Black or Fighting Spirit, but I think Vulcan has covered a lot of the high points.

Akira, DBZ, and Ghost in the Shell all have high tech. They represent a lot of archtypes from powerful psychic to to alien champion fighter to cyborg.

Helsing allows for monsters of various types.

I have heard Naruto described as Harry Potter with ninjas as wizards. That gives you hidden villages practicing secret techniques that can set the modern world on its ear.

Are the players picking specific characters to model their PCs on?

CES

WARNING: REALLY LONG POST

Let's see here.

Akira: Really high-tech future world. Based on Tokyo, with a significant population of hooligans and street punks. Parts of town are well maintained (read wealthy) and others wrecked, poor, or even practically abandoned. Very powerful military-indutrial complex, that very nearly overshadows the civilian government. Only a very few supers of any types - 6 psions total in the world (Akira, the three green kids, Tetsuo, and the girl, whose name I forget), no cyborgs, magic, mutants, power armor, mecha, or other super archetypes. Even the soldiers are just guys with high-tech weapons.

Bible Black: Don't know anything about this one.

Dragonball Z: Don't know very much, because I don't care much for it. But from what I do know... High-power martial artist/energy projectors running around a largely rural country looking for 'Dragonballs' which, I presume, are some sort of magical artifacts. That pretty much exhausts my knowledge.

Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex: This one I'm sorta familiar with, seen a fair number of the episodes plus the original movie (which I presume takes place after the series). Set in Japan, primarily urban setting, with a wide variety of locales, ranging from highly urban/wealthy, ghetto, suburban, slums, etc. Some wilderness settings, some in abandoned high-tech ruins. Characters are all cyborgs, to a greater or lesser extent. Computer programming/hacking skills very common. AIs are common, from the big mainframes to the little AI tanks (Tatskomas?). Other super archetypes don't exist.

Hajime No Ippo (aka "Fighting Spirit"): Don't know anything about this one. Judging by the name, it's 'Street Figher with a plot' (probably doing it a great disservice, though).

Hellsing: I have this series on DVD, it's a blast. Takes place in modern England, which defines the range of settings. Premis is that von Helsing, the famous vampire hunter, set up an organization dedicated to the destruction of all vampires. In the series, this organization discovers that someone has developed a way to technologically create vampires using some sorta implanted 'freak' chip (kinda vague, but it's a cartoon. Go with it). Real vamipres exists, generally vastly outclassing their artifical counterparts. Magic exists, as demonstrated several times by the vampires. Presumably humans can use it too, otherwise how did Alucard get bound to serve the von Helsings? Slightly more advanced weaponry exists, and the potential for cyborgs exists (the 'freak' chip is the giveaway). Theoretically power armor could be done as well. No mutant/altered human-type-superhumans, though.

Naruto: From what little I know, a lot like Dragonball. Kid running around getting into duels to hone his ninja skills. I'll leave my opinions of it out of this.

All right. Given the three I know pretty well, there is enough commonality that you could mix them, carefully.

First, the setting. You'll want a place that can combine the urban extremes of Akira/Ghost in the Shell with the European influences of Hellsing. Germany and the eastern European nations come to mind... Build up the big cities a lot, and let the countyside take care of itself, especially down around Hungary/Bulgaria... That also allows the Dragonball/Naruto infuences come into play, (I've never seen characters in either in any sort of even remotely urbanized area - in the comercials I've seen, anyway) you'll just have to come up with a rational reason for the 'dueling fighters' to be tolerated or ignored.

While I hate to suggest any Palladium products, perhaps RIFTS material about the New German Republic might be of use. Heck, go whole hog, use the whole 'post-apocolyptic' plotline. That way roaming bands of goons in the contryside are commonplace, and the government just has too much else on it's plate.

I would go with a fairly high tech level, like Akira/Ghost in the Shell. Add the 'freaks', cyborgs, power armor, high-tech weapons. Magic and monsters fit well into the European setting. Exotic martial artists... Well, I'm sure someone will come up with a good reason. The best one I have is that this is the last 'civilized' area, everything else is chaos. Or perhaps there is a magical-kung-fu reason... Eh.

That's as far as I can take it. Hope it helps!

Thanks for the ideas.

Actually, at one point I did suggest that we could just use the Rifts HERO setting that I have been working on since it generally fits most of these ideas like a glove, particularly in Japan.

I ran this kind of campaign years ago, but with The Guyver, The Beastmaster Zoanoid, Dark Schnieder (Bastard:Destructive God of Darkness) and Sailor Moon in a comedy High School setting.

Anime cross-breeding can work, but only if you get your players all on the same page. We watched an episode of something related to the campaign before each session, just to get us in the mood. (I don't recommend that with Bible Black, it may set the wrong mood)

Do you intend to run this as a "takes place after the series" or as a "we all know how it ends, its how we get there that's important" style?

Vulcan covered all the specific stuff I could hope to add, so good luck and keep us posted.

And have some rep.

Oh I know what you mean about Bible Black and there's more on that in a few posts.

As far as how they are meshed, the setting is intended to be a hybrid or amalgam setting that combines the elements of its individual components to create a unique setting that simultaneously feels like any one of its components so the individual series are essentially abstracted and their timelines and true universes are of little consequence to the final setting.

I know a little bit about Bible Black and you are a bad man!

:nonp:

though I don't know how you'd work it in.

Actually one of my players is a bad man.

But the next day after the initial post he had a change of heart :smoke: and changed his component from Bible Black:nonp: to Cowboy Bebop:thumbup:.

So to get any readers' attention:

Bible Black has been replaced by Cowboy Bebop.

Sorry Clonus.;)

I don't know anything about Bible Black or Fighting Spirit' date=' but I think Vulcan has covered a lot of the high points.[/quote']

Bible Black - A Hentai. A very infamous Hentai.

Fighting Spirit - A very long-running manga from Japan with a relatively short anime adaptation about boxing; it has had little American marketing as far as I know.

Are the players picking specific characters to model their PCs on?

CES

No, the goal is more to merge the elements and themes of the principal characters of the individual anime shows to create what a general PC would be like.

If Kaneda, Goku, Naruto, The Major, Alucard, Spike Spiegel, Tenchi, and Ippo were tossed into a blender on frappe, what would come out?

This would be the paragon character of the campaign, whereas all others would be some kind of variation on that theme in much the same way that the supporting characters of each individual serves.

Fighting Spirit - A very long-running manga from Japan with a relatively short anime adaptation about boxing; it has had little American marketing as far as I know.

No, the goal is more to merge the elements and themes of the principal characters of the individual anime shows to create what a general PC would be like.

If Kaneda, Goku, Naruto, The Major, Alucard, Spike Spiegel, Tenchi, and Ippo were tossed into a blender on frappe, what would come out?

You would have an alien psychic cyborg martial artist/gunfighter that uses his personal chi to blow up the planet.

CES

You would have an alien psychic cyborg martial artist/gunfighter that uses his personal chi to blow up the planet.

CES

I was hoping to avoid "munchkin" which would be the technically correct term.;)

It could work. Four of your settings are high tech, and urban. Two have common space travel (DBZ and Cowboy Bebop). All of them have strange powers of some type. Strange crimes abound.

What are the point totals you are looking at, Main Man?

CES

I figure if the principal PC's of each setting are hammered out, then they can be averaged.

I feel like it's going to be somewhere between 250-350 CP, but I don't know the Base/Disad ratio yet, since I have not quite delved into the overall level of character flaws in each show.

Character concept Emmet Margrave

The Cosgrove was a ten mile long, ten story piece of glass and steel edifice that stretched across the Martian soil to the delight of the customers moving along the halls, riding the escalators and elevators, or lounging on the hundreds, maybe thousands, of benches. I stood with my back against a pillar, glasses over my eyes, smoking a cigarette full of Neptunian tobacco.

I wondered if the tip had been right.

My service had passed along that Marty Focker would be casing the Cosgrove for a job. Old Marty had a six figure bounty on his head. Everyone and their mother would be crowding me out of the action if they knew. Marty would take a flyer. I needed money, and was short on other cases anyway so an afternoon walking the mall didn't seem too bad until I actually got to the place.

I looked the crowd over, letting the glasses work. A sensor next to the earpiece measured chi, gave a reading on the inner lens. Bright sparks ran up and down the passersby as the readings were given lines of force.

Most were weak. Since the Goku Incident that shattered Earth's moon, the human body had devised means to tap into the invisible lines of force once called ley lines, or dragon lines. Most of what I was I seeing could barely turn on a light bulb.

Marty Focker had a reading of at least a five on the ten scale according to his Wanted notice.

I spotted a flash of light on the skywalk above. My vantage point covered the third floor, part of the second and first. The flash seemed to come from the fifth. I looked around at normality, then headed for the nearest escalator to get up to the fifth and start looking.

The flash repeated as I headed down the corridor, staying near the doors of the shops. I didn't want Focker seeing me and taking off. A five meant he could handle normals in his sleep but he had a reputation for being a rabbit.

Part of the reason his reward was so high was the ease he escaped anyone coming after him. If he saw me, I could kiss the bounty goodbye.

Marty Focker turned his spade shaped face so his dark eyes could look at a jewelry display. His reading blinked on the sunglasses lens, his picture matching the downloaded notice. I kept going, trying to be casual. If I could take him by surprise, I could maybe drop him before he powered up whatever talent he had.

His gaze flickered over those of us still walking down the concourse toward him. I saw his slitted pupils widen in a dash of white in the dark holes of his eyes. A grimace crossed his face. One hand grabbed the lady next to him, yanking her close as a shield.

"Freeze, Focker!" I unclipped the old .40 from my belt at the back. I pointed it dead at him as people scattered away from us. Good. Less people in the way to get shot. "You're under arrest."

"You don't look like a cop." Focker smiled, pulling the lady so he was inside the jewelry store and she was blocking the door. Cosgrove Security and real cops would be on the scene soon. He didn't seem concerned. "Maybe a bounty hunter. Got a name, cowboy?"

"Let the woman go, Focker." I tried to sound confident. A five was out of my league. "There's no way to get out of here, and the cops will be on you like that."

"You're wrong." Focker laughed. "The Cosgrove Shopping and Amusement complex has forty exits in all. I'll be gone like that."

"To get to any of those exits, you'll have to go through me, or turn and go out the back of the store, in which case, I'll shoot you." I closed so I could get a better shot. I sensed we were both playing for time. "Why don't you let me turn you in, collect the money, then you escape again?"

"I don't think so, cowboy." Focker laughed again. "Like a puff of smoke, he was gone."

Focker's eyes widened. Smoke poured from his body, obscuring the scene. The glasses gave me chi, but it dropped from a five to a one. I couldn't tell who to shoot. Then hundreds of Fockers burst from the jewelry store. Two of them carried their hostage to the edge of the railing and threw her off the fifth floor decking. The Fockers split up and ran for the exits.

I ran for the railing. Shooting at the Fockers wouldn't get me anything. I might hit a civilian in the press. And I didn't know which one was real anyway. I grabbed a banner hanging from the rail, clipped the forty to my belt and jumped.

It was a stupid move. Reflex got the better of me. I wrapped the cloth around my wrist as I caught up with the woman. I reached out, snagged her shirt. It wasn't much. It was enough to slow her down so I could drop her in one of the decorative wishing wells on the first floor before I slammed through a window. I remembered to ball up and roll when I hit the ground.

It still hurt like a meteor strike.

I dragged myself to my feet. I said a thank you to lady luck. Then I headed for the door. A couple of Marty Fockers ran by. One had the nerve to wave at me as he went.

Security ran up then. They chased after the thief, calling on their collar radioes. I stepped out in the main concourse, looked around, brushed the glass out of my hair and off my jacket. I looked back up at where I had swung down. I shook my head, telling myself never to do that again.

The banner fell from its other mooring.

There went my bounty. I headed for the front door. I had an idea. Maybe I could catch up to Focker somehow. Then I turned and headed for the escalators. Maybe I could catch up to Focker.

Maybe he had never left the store.

Character Name: Emmet Margrave

Nationality: Martian

Hair/Eye Color: Red, blue

Place of Birth: Mars City, Mars

Date of Birth: 7/26/2121

Height/Mass: 5'8", 160 pounds

Cost Characteristic Value

8 STR 18

60 DEX 30

20 CON 20

20 BODY 20

8 INT 18

10 EGO 15

12 PRE 12

COM 10

PD 3

ED 4

SPD 4

REC 7

END 40

STUN 39

OCV: 10 DCV: 10 OECV: 5 DECV: 5

Phases: 3,6,9,12

Powers and Talents

Detect Chi, Discriminatory IAF sunglasses (-½) 7 pts

3d6 RKA OAF (-1, Weapons of opportunity) 23 pts

2d6 luck 10 pts

Moving Target: Desolidification Cannot pass through solid objects (-½), only to protect against ranged attacks (-1) 16 pts

Cost Skills

2 WF: Common Firearms

3 Combat driving 15-

3 TF: Wheeled ground vehicles, aircraft

3 Streetwise 11-

3 Deduction 12-

3 Stealth 15-

3 Acrobatics 15-

2 Navigation 12-

2 Survival 12-

3 KS: The underworld 12-

3 KS: Fugitives 12-

3 AK: Mars City 12-

3 Electronics 12-

3 Lockpicking 15-

3 Security Systems 12-

3 Concealment 12-

4 +2 OCV RKA attack

6 Contact: Message Service 11-

1 Bounty Hunter's License

150 Points Disadvantages

10 pts Reputation: hard luck Bounty Hunter 14- only a small group

20 pts Watched by the ISSP 14-

25 pts Hunted by former enemies 11-

10 pts Rivalry with other bounty hunters

15 pts Psych Lim: Always looking for the next job

15 pts Psych Lim: Protective of others

20 pts Psych Lim: Adheres to the bounty hunter's code

25 DNPC: Grizzy Bryers, Landlord 14-

5 pts 1d6 unluck

5 pts DF: Bounty Hunter

CHA Cost = 138

Total Powers Cost = 56

Total Skills Cost = 56

Total Cost = ______250__________

Background Information: Emmet Margrave was born ten years after what became known as the Goku Wave. He grew up in a part of Mars City that had been destroyed when the government had unleashed its plan and the massive destruction of the Solar System. Emmet's parents had been killed by rioters after the machinery on Mars had blinked in a display of light and chilling power that became known as lighting the dragon lines.

Grizzley Byers, a former bounty hunter and the Margraves' landlord, took the boy in. Byers was wounded in the rioting but drove off the crowd before it could wreck his small boarding house. Over time, things settled down to something that resembled peace.

While the city rebuilt, the fall out of the Wave became known. Lines on each world had been activated and infused with energy after the shattering of the Moon. People living on those lines, or caught in space above them, had been granted superhuman ability by spending their personal energy. Reports of monsters drifted in. The cyborg soldiers of the Iron Legion were activated for the first time since the governments of the world united into one. Byers and Margrave minded their own business, sometimes running off anyone who tried to extort them for money for protection from radicals/Goze/street blockers.

Margrave learned basic hunting skills during this period. He did this so he could supplement their income. The boarding house didn't produce enough money to feed him and Byers. Constant violence drove away anyone who wasn't a petty criminal, and Byers drove away anyone who was.

Margrave soon earned a reputation as a good bounty hunter but one to stay away from. He invariably has some kind of bad luck which keeps him from collecting a bounty, or making it where the police (the ISSP) deny him any reward over some technicality. This makes it hard for him to increase his earnings, and find an outfit that will take him on so he doesn't have to risk so much when going after someone.

Quote: "Don't make me shoot you again."

Personality: Emmet Margrave is pretty laid back except when he is on the job. He is always looking for the next big fish so he can move Byers out of the war zone they live in, and has taken the bounty hunter's code to bring the quarry in no matter what to heart. While he claims not to be a hero, he has been known to try and protect innocents who get caught in the crossfire when a Goze decides to go crazy.

Appearance: Emmet is an average looking red head that tries to be unnoticeable in a crowd. Unfortunately his bearing screams cop, or bounty hunter, to any criminal that sees him coming.

Powers: Emmet has been classified as a one on the Goku Scale. Anyone with an analyzer would see that his chi was at the upper end of normal, but would automatically think he's not worth bothering with unless he did something extremely dangerous to them. This high chi rating allows Emmet to move out of the way of danger. He has been known to dodge bullets from criminals trying to escape.

Plot Hook 1) Bounty hunters from all over the solar system have been called to deal with what looks like another collection of the Goku Wave by a rogue element of the government. No one knows why the government would attempt such a thing after the spectacular failure of their first experiment, but someone in the know wants it stopped without other agencies finding out.

Plot Hook 2) The characters have been experimented on and have been told their bodies will collect the particles of the wave, enhancing them by unknown factors. Either that or they could explode with the force of a nuclear bomb. Unfortunately the only expert on the subject is missing.

Plot Hook 3) Everyone thinks that the moon was shattered and the dragon lines were lit by the government trying to harness a new source of power. They were wrong. It was actually the first step of an invasion from another universe. Someone has to stop the invaders from the other side of the dimensional walls.

Note: I don't know if this is what you had in mind, Main Man, but obviously the only thing I have left out is Hellsing which I guess can be worked in as a hidden race that drains humans of their chi. Do you want me to write up Marty Focker also?

• 1 month later...

This is sort of relevant to the subject, since it is about Hajime no Ippo. Well, in short, I don't think that the manga format of literature can really get much better than this is. It's ridiculously long. (Dragonball with Dragonball z included is 42 volumes long, Hajime no Ippo is 90+ and still ongoing) If i were to explain it in DC comic terms i would say that (assuming that closeness to the center of the universe means good) that Hajime no Ippo would be on Oa, while the next closest (Berserk) would be at the Source Wall two universes away, then it trickles down from there. It's level of quality is only matched by the disproportionate level of obscurity it has. That's just my opinion, though.

If it helps any, here's what I have for said series:

The list as a whole:

http://surbrook.devermore.net/adaptationsanime/animechar.html

Cowboy Bebop:

http://surbrook.devermore.net/adaptationsanime/bebop/cbseeyou.html

Dragon Ball Z

http://surbrook.devermore.net/worldbooks/dbzhero/dbzhero.html

Hellsing

http://surbrook.devermore.net/adaptationsanime/hellsing/helhellsgate.html

Akira

http://surbrook.devermore.net/adaptationsanime/tetsuo.html

As for Ghost in the Shell and Akira esper powers, you might want to grab the Kazei 5 PDF from the Hero Store and see what's there.