Need Evil sponsoring Organization

Enforcer84

I'm not sure what you are looking for but maybe this or someone else's suggestion will do some good.

Argent presumably would employ agents and some of the missions would call for stealth. I'd think we would be talking about up dated-super tech equipped ninjas.

That said I think Demon or Raven would be the most likely. Demon of course lends it'sself to mystic assassins and thieves and Raven would use more real world like ninjas, probably with James Bond kind of gadgetry.

Some possibilities:

* The Yakuza

* Corporations had an Evil Japanese Corporation (Yoshida? or something like that)

* The IHA - using human assassins against mutie scum.

* Dr Destroyer (because he can)

* Foxbat (because Ninjas are Totally Awesome)

*The Japanese government of World War II, sending agents through time in order to stave off their looming defeat.

The last would be the one I would personally use. It just popped into my head while I was writing this post. Thanks for inspiring me!

Alan

Of the official Champions powers, the likeliest recruiters for ninja-style warriors would probably be the Cult of the Red Banner, a Chinese organization whose members worship a demonic Dragon King and seek to bring him to Earth. I could see them as being patrons of an order of lin kuei ("forest demons"), the Chinese equivalent of the ninja. There are some details on the Cult in the 1st Edition Ultimate Martial Artist, and two of their "super level" operatives, Iron and Gold, have 4E writeups in Watchers of the Dragon.

Another possibility would be Dr. Yin Wu: his premiere servants, the "Four Sons of the Dragon", are all master martial artists. These characters all have 4E writeups in Watchers of the Dragon.

Originally posted by Killer Shrike

When you say "ninja" do you mean stealthy infiltrator types, or do you mean literal Japanese ninja's ?

Well he is a british citizen raised in Japan by the remnants of a clan that make their living now trainind assassins for this organization. Viper doesn't need ninjas, they can get their own, Argent doesn't seem the type to have ninja mumbo jumbo, and I'd drawn a blank. Demon went too far to the other side of the mumbo jumbo, perhaps Raven if they are still around.

I do like Cult of the Red Banner, maybe he's lin kuei instead of ninja.

Basically I am trying to fold my old campaigns into the current incarnation of Champions Universe. I got to thinking about it while reading the "old guard" thread.

The Foxbat Network.

No, really.

When Foxbat was getting ready to start up The Foxbat Channel featuring The Foxbat Show, wherein all his exploits would be chronicled for the edification and entertainment of the viewing public, he insisted that all the combats for the show should be real. And since Ninjas are cool, Foxbat just had to have a show, or seven, where he could show his prowess by defeating a bunch of Ninjas. So, the production company took a hefty budget and went off to hire authentic Ninjas.

Unfortunately, one of the financial backers finally took a look at the prospectus he had been given, narrowly avoided a 3rd heart attack, and pulled his money. This put the financial status of the entire Foxbat Network in jeapordy, and one by one, the departments that weren't showing a profit were all closed. So the only remaining division was the segment of the production company that had the exclusive contract to this group of Ninjas. A clever, and unscrupulous, hey, it's show biz folks, manager realized the potential opportunity in hiring out these assassins for various other causes. Since he started doing this, his division has been solidly in the black.

Foxbat knows nothing of this. He was on a remote location shoot at the time the company went belly up. When last seen, he was trying to escape from his own location crew, who still haven't been paid.

Doc