Who's the baddest mutha in your campaign?

RevHooligan

For villains I would have to go with the standard Dr. D & Takofanes answer. I do have a hero named Brawl that has been given his own "Brawl scale of toughness, 10 being Brawl." This guy isn't the strongest brick, doesn't have the highest Defenses, but he does have the ability to always get back up (Healing to any Char below starting value). He also comes from a huge Italian family in Chicago and his mother often cooks for he whole team.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In my old, non-CU campaign the main threat was a brood of cannibal, shape-shifting aliens who were marooned on Earth centuries ago and had since infiltrated the human society.

In my current CU campaign the "big bad" is Doctor Destroyer, but my players never physically confronted him. PSI also plays a large role.

I'm loathe to use Takofanes. Every time I think of including him in my campaign, I have flashbacks about the Lichlord Vecna in an old Monty-Haul D&D campaign I occasionally played in...

GM: So the horrible truth is out at last... Vecna is back from the dead!

Everybody laughs.

Player 1: What? Again?!? We killed him, what, three times so far?

Player 2: Yeah. I think that makes him an un-un-un-undead lord.

Player 3: But last time we threw what was left of his body in a volcano after disintegrating him.

Player 2: I guess he just regenerated from the "Hand of Vecna" or the "Eye of Vecna". Sort of like a troll, just uglier.

Player 3: That can be fixed. Let me have my way and there will be a new artifact: the A$$ of Vecna.

Solomon: Wait... you mean you really killed him three times?

Player 1: Vecna is just such a sorry loser. Every time we hand him his a$$, but he just keeps coming for more.

Now, do you understand why I really can't force myself to put a lich in my game?

The most hated villain was Black Harlequinn, who was regretably killed in an unfortunate accident by Commando Rubberbando (Basically, the PCs got messed up too bad to continue doing the Omegaworld adventure in Champions Battleground back to back after fighting off Holocaust in "Under Construction" (yes, I did them out of order). Rather than give up, they called on assistance and 4 members of MC8 showed up (ie the players each picked a member of MC-8 and played them)).

The most feared villain was probably Holocaust (my version of him anyway, which is slightly more souped up and uses an END Reserver for his powers). He singlehandedly ran 6 450 point PCs thru the bushes pretty much with impunity, knocking most of them out at one point or another. He was "defeated" in the end in the best possible way -- via deceit and trickery! Finally, a villain the players had to use their noodles to defeat.

IMO as the GM their most dangerous opponent is Teleios, and the group doesnt even realize he has been involved in anything theyve encountered so far.

Heres the EGO Board for the team:

My current big bad is the Empress. She is the daughter of a former soviet supersoldier turned dicator. He called himself the Liberator, but the world called him the Tyrant. Tyrant was a gifted inventor and physically perfect. He legitimately ruled the country (brokering UN recognition for his efforts against the communists, while holding enough information over his former bosses to get the USSR to recognize his nation so that he wouldn't go west with it (1950's and 60's) Tyrant didn't really bother anyone unless his country was threatened. He gave his daughter everything. When he died during an alien invasion she took control. Like her father she is not a supervillain per se, but she will come into conflict with heroes when their goals go against her will.

She also took in many of Dr Destroyer's agents when he perished in Detroit. (in my world he is dead). She is not someone you want to mess with.

Hrm. This is hard...

Dr. Destroyer: Dead

Warstar: brain-dead

Golden Avenger/Adolph Hitler: Dead

The Drs. Pomegranite: oooh, we yell when they show up. Usually 'cause they have SCADS of genetically engineered agents to help, too.

Vorpality: Warstar's former assassin, you can guess her special effect of her powers. Never Good to see.

Master of VIPER Japan: 1200 point ninja. I think that really says it all.

Damien and Peter Bose: we're waiting for them to come on stage. They're the twins that run the ARES Corporation. Which was formerly run by Adrien Bose, AKA Ares, God of War. Phobos and Deimos will, I expect, be making a move soon.

Abraxis: humanoid human-size sperm whale with massive psi powers who is at least 75,000 years old, and who claims his people 'seeded' earth to allow it to create sentient lifeforms.

The Zodiac: yes, the ones from 'Zodiac Conspiracy', rewritten for the game. Because of them, we got to put Foxbat into Stronghold! (Protective custody)

DEMON is out there, VIPER is out there, VOICE is out there, the Lord of the Four Deaths is out there... we've got a lot of baddies, really, when you think about it.

I didnt ever run too many hyper powerful badguys.

I did run a few who were difficult to put down, who knew when to run away to save their own skin (and could run away fast!), and/or were rather difficult to keep prisoner If they did get caught. My players sure ended up hating them, anyway.

Nobody expects the Double Armor Piercing Teleport!

Originally posted by Solomon

Player 2: I guess he just regenerated from the "Hand of Vecna" or the "Eye of Vecna".

I'm reminded of the classic "Head of Vecna" story. Ya gotta love D&D.

I don't recall any uberpowerful villains in my old Champs games. For whatever reason, I tended to make extremely powerful NPC heroes and think of reasons for them to fight the PCs. I did occasionally unleash very tough giant monsters or robots on the world, though.

-AA

Re: Who's the baddest mutha in your campaign?

Originally posted by RevHooligan

I'm curious about your "guy to beat" in your campaign. Who's the guy that makes your players groan when the miniature come out of the box? is he/she a CU baddie or a homegrown?

Right now, the "guys to beat" are the PCs. I wanted high-level characters, and the players certainly came up with them. Now I'm having a difficult time coming up with believable opponents... Let's face it, it gets boring really fast when Galactus shows up every issue! :)

-Yogzilla

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Champsguy

Well, we've fought a few. I'm gonna discount the game we played that was run by one particular game master. The guy just had no sense of scale. We fought those bugs from Starship Troopers and got our asses kicked. When 9 or 10 heroes, all built on 400 points (4th Edition), with extreme cheese (I was the weakest in the group, and I had lots of stats in an EC, and everything had at least a -1 limitation on it) get their teeth kicked in by a horde of bugs, you know something is wrong. The team brick, Atom Smasher, hit one of the big bugs with his most powerful attack, bounced it off the cave ceiling, and didn't even daze it. That wouldn't have been too bad, except Atom Smasher's most powerful attack could crack 50 dice.

So I'll leave out that game. :)

In other games, we've fought a number of super-nasties.

The first has to be Gord-Al the Destroyer. This villain was the first guy we ever had to fight. He was somewhere on the order of:

Str: 150

Dex: 35

Con: 50

Body: 50

Int: 35

PD: 50 (with 75% reduction)

ED: 50 (with 75% reduction)

Spd: 8

and he had a 35D6 Energy Blast.

Don't feel bad if you don't think your team could beat Gord-Al. Ours couldn't either. We won the first fight through GM Macguffin. We actually won the second fight by ourselves, but only because we abused our power pools, as well as the sci-fi equivalent of a sphere of annihilation.

The second villain was a cosmically powerful guy, the Emperor of the Celestial Imperium. He was basically a walking 400 point cosmic VPP, with a family of Dr Destroyer-class offspring. Trust me, you don't want to fight his 10 kids. We had to call upon our dimensional teleporters to travel to the Marvel Universe (where we'd previously visited) to find the solution to this guy. We stormed back and threatened him with our new toy: the Ultimate Nullifier. I never thought he'd have the balls to dare us to use it. It's too bad for him, really, because the character holding it definitely had enough pure spite to use the thing. Fortunately, we did some re-winding of time to let him get his (now dead) character back.

Then there are two villains who we are particularly fond of, though we really don't want to run into them. The first is the evil alternate-future version of our Superman-clone. You also have to understand that the good version of our Superman-clone was the guy who was all too willing to zap somebody with the Ultimate Nullifier. One particular alternate future was a bad place, full of nuclear war, where Destroyer ruled the last city on earth, and Mechanon had turned the moon into a giant robot factory. From this future came... Darklord Con-El! The former hero had joined forces with Destroyer, built himself a suit of armor, and then come back to the past to prevent that future from occurring (he wants to rule a nice planet with lots of women, not a dustball).

The second villain was an evil version of my character. An alternate dimension version of my speedster had found a way to increase his personal power. So, for the last few months, he's been happily zipping between the dimensions, chopping off the heads of each reality's version of us, and stealing their power (this storyline happened over a year before "The One" came out). It's not good when a 38 Dex, 10 Speed guy with about 60" of movement comes out of nowhere and does a 10D6 HKA with his adamantium katana.