Another Dumb Hero

RedneckJedi

Other player(s) in our game is wanting some advice on a character since you have given me good advice I thought I would ask your opinion on this one...

Character: A guy with two heads. Two completely different personalities but one body. If the body dies both die but if one head dies the other can live. Each head/person has its own powers which originates from the head (eye beams or whatever). Is this treated as two separate characters? The body is pretty strong and athletic with good fighting skills but we don't know how to go about building separate powers for each "individual". Ideas?

Character: Three people in one body. Smart, scientific-type (not power armour, just smart skilled type is the main 'obvious' person. The other two can separate from the original body when needed for combat or whatever but cannot stay separated for long periods. One is a fire wielder and the other is a cold wielder. Would this be a multiform of sorts?

I think our GM is in trouble, lol...

Re: Another Dumb Hero

first ones i think you could start with multiple disads.

distinctive features 2 heads physical disadvantage two heads plus if you give both heads conflicting psych lims that could be lots of fun.

also you could buy extra stun to represent the fact that its very hard to knock both heads out simultaneously(also you could justify mental and possibly flash defense this way).

for the different power I'd just go with buying them straight.

for the second one i think duplication would probably be your friend there or possibly summon depending on how loyal the other forms are to the original.

Other player(s) in our game is wanting some advice on a character since you have given me good advice I thought I would ask your opinion on this one...

Character: A guy with two heads. Two completely different personalities but one body. If the body dies both die but if one head dies the other can live. Each head/person has its own powers which originates from the head (eye beams or whatever). Is this treated as two separate characters? The body is pretty strong and athletic with good fighting skills but we don't know how to go about building separate powers for each "individual". Ideas?

Character: Three people in one body. Smart, scientific-type (not power armour, just smart skilled type is the main 'obvious' person. The other two can separate from the original body when needed for combat or whatever but cannot stay separated for long periods. One is a fire wielder and the other is a cold wielder. Would this be a multiform of sorts?

IIRC, hydras were bought as a variation on Duplication, it could be used for the two headed character. I wouldn't recommend it, though. Duplication tends to create difficult characters to play.

In 5th there is a modifier that can be applied to Duplication to make each form different from the original.

Character: A guy with two heads. Two completely different personalities but one body. If the body dies both die but if one head dies the other can live. Each head/person has its own powers which originates from the head (eye beams or whatever). Is this treated as two separate characters?

If that's what they are, why not?

Quote:

Character: A guy with two heads. Two completely different personalities but one body. If the body dies both die but if one head dies the other can live. Each head/person has its own powers which originates from the head (eye beams or whatever). Is this treated as two separate characters?

If that's what they are, why not?

So make two characters with some physical disadvantages? Oh, some good ideas are coming to me for this. A personality/ego battle for control of the body... randomly.

Sounds like Duplication...you can take lims for the odd parts (Feed back: both take dam, only one bady yadda yadda...so two chars,one body. the other's a straight up duplicator it sounds like anyway...

I am drawing a blank on the character name right now (or the game). But, I remember Susano on his site statted out a character from a video game that had wings who were essentially separate "entities".

Been a long time since I looked on his site. (Been busy on my own projects plus work :o) And I only opened that character page up once anyhow.

Note: Just remembered the game was I think Guilty Gear X (?) I think. Not 100% positive. ANyhow, it is a character you could look to for info I suppose on 3 entity character.

I think a simpler way would be to make sure you speed is an even number, either 6 or 8, with a limitation on it such that each head only gets to act every other phase and if your stun is reduced to 1/2 ( or 1/4 or something ), then one of the heads as appropriate is knocked out and loses their phases.

Character: Three people in one body. Smart' date=' scientific-type (not power armour, just smart skilled type is the main 'obvious' person. The other two can separate from the original body when needed for combat or whatever but cannot stay separated for long periods. One is a fire wielder and the other is a cold wielder. Would this be a multiform of sorts?[/quote']

Only if the one body stays but changes it's looks and abilities. If the other two split off, so there's three bodies at once, then it's Duplication.

Yeah, if the concept is an Ettin like being, build it with multiform, carrying over any physical disads, and possibly some mental disads. Each head has their own personality and powers but generally share the same physical attribuites. (you could boost STR and DEX for the head that had better control over the body)

I would write it up that only one head controls the body at a time, and that each head has to relinquish control, which they do not enjoy doing. (figure in some Ego roll limitation on multiform) But that they agree to in required circumstances.

In order to not try and cheat the KO rules, write up that if one head is KO'd the other head cannot take control until after the required recovery time. But each head could be awake and contribute memory, so that you don't have to try and remember what head saw what.

This would also make managing BODY and STUN much easier.

HAVE FUN!