Project Orion/Project Daedalus

shadowcat1313

• 1 year later...

Re: Project Orion/Project Daedalus

Convert the points of the Explosion, to Effective Strength, Then, either do it as a throw, for STR.......Or keep it as raw damage and calculate the Knockback.....

I prefer the later myself, more fun with Dice and the Hippies won't chase after you. :D

~Rex....resurrects the long dead, just because it's Project Orion......the powa!

Rex talked about Orion a fair bit in a thread a little down page. I'm sure he would have mentioned it, but he's being chased by a sexy Hippy named Lindsey, who is plying him with weed and suggesting that there's this one space where he might have a chance to plant his flag. It's got him a little confuzzled.

(At least, that's how I reconstruct things.:))

Anyway, the thread is here: http://www.herogames.com/forums/showthread.php/77914-Orion-Drive-space-battleship

No Hero writeup that I see, but there's a brief discussion of nuclear thermal rockets in Star Hero as part of the section on ship design.

Drat.....I may actually have to try a HERO write up ........Need to find a good "Nuke" write up first for a foundation to save some time. Need to do this anyway since my current 6e Modern Pulp/Golden Age Format super Heroic Adventure campaign will have a Project Orion battleship in it........

Could handwave it.....but it's more fun to Build it!

~Rex

That was pretty cool. Good find. My only gripe is the initial method of launch, because Orion is meant really to launch something Gigantic, without the issue of having to strap 40 thousand normal rockets on it and hoping it works. Supposed to lift off with the Boom. Other then that, still a great find, and I swipe it for my confused players that seem to think that the Titanium Hulled space shuttles in Armageddon were a great idea.....

~Rex