Urban Fantasy Hero now in the online store

HeroTina

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Urban Fantasy Hero now in the online store

I'm new-ish to Hero. I just bought my 5E copy a week ago. I've played Champions, Starhero and Fantasyhero while in the military so I know the system pretty well. I'm a little confused about Urban Fantasy Hero though. Will it allow me to play in a modern fantasy setting like Dresden Files?

I'm new-ish to Hero. I just bought my 5E copy a week ago. I've played Champions' date=' Starhero and Fantasyhero while in the military so I know the system pretty well. I'm a little confused about Urban Fantasy Hero though. Will it allow me to play in a modern fantasy setting like Dresden Files?[/quote']

I think the answer is "definitely" although until my copy arrives I can't say how good of a job it does. Check out this thread here:

http://www.herogames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=69992

In particular, Steve said:

Hudson City Shadows, in which the PCs are part of the “Shadow World” of wizards and magical creatures that exists in hidden places within the metropolis of Hudson City; ... HC Shadows is "Steve's tribute to Dresden Files, but with higher magic"

I'm new-ish to Hero. I just bought my 5E copy a week ago. I've played Champions' date=' Starhero and Fantasyhero while in the military so I know the system pretty well. I'm a little confused about Urban Fantasy Hero though. Will it allow me to play in a modern fantasy setting like Dresden Files?[/quote']

Yes, that is exactly it.

And I have to say...Invasive Species is pure gold as a campaign setting! :rockon:

A secret order of Mormon Monster Hunters! Oh sign me up!

Sounds very good!

I'll have to pick up this book when I get the spare cash.

I'm guessing that I'll have to pick up both the grimoires and possibly Umystic too because before this my group hasn't showed any interest in magic-toting heroes.

Has anyone had a chance to read it yet?

It is a continuing source of great pride to me that people continue to think there must be more Hero employees than there actually are. dw

It's because we all think you can just spend 5 points and you can double the staff in your "base".

Mind you, for 5 points you could also get an income of half a million... Forget I said anything... :D

I just started reading it. While I really really want to have it finished by Friday with review' date=' I have a cold. And I can never concentrate when I have a cold.[/quote']

No worries, I just saw you remark last week that you wanted to finish it up and review it soon. Reviews will happen when they happen.

It's because we all think you can just spend 5 points and you can double the staff in your "base".

"All your base are belong to ..." ah never mind....

The world does need more Ninja Vampire-Hunters. (Although less Ninja Vampires would be good too).

Yeah, what about Pirate Vampire-Hunters? What about Robot Vampire-Hunter? And what if they're hunting a Robot Ninja Pirate Vampire, huh? What about that?

BTW. For those who like UF but can't find a ftf game near them there is a new one on Hero Central called 'Things That Go Bump'.

Yeah me too, sounds like fun.

xanth?what's that?
A series of novels by Piers Anthony set in a world where words and phrases that we use in modern English become the source of pun and satyr. For example, a cherry bomb to us is a small firework. In Xanth, it would be a piece of exploding fruit. That sort of thing. The first couple of novels were somewhat amusing in that regard, but the same themes and jokes started to repeat themselves and the novelty wore off. Like a small boy who makes a funny and then repeats it ad nauseum until everybody is sick to death of it.

• 2 weeks later...

Your link is malformed - here it is.

Nice review - I might have to pick this one up.

EDIT: Missed this in my first pass through the review - Reno NV is in the book. Now I definitely have to get it, if for no other reason than my home town is mentioned - now we're famous!