Superhero Generator Project

bigbywolfe

I used the “Quick Superhuman Generator” for the first time the other day. I was pleased for the most part, but the results were mixed. I decided to try rolling up a few random characters, and seeing what you all thought of them. I’ll post a bare bones version using mostly just what came from the generator, and then I’ll try to fill out the character and make changes, to see if I can come up with something PC worthy.

This is largely an exercise for myself, but I’m posting it here for two reasons: 1) if I post a thread on here I’ll be more likely to follow up with my intended experiment, and 2) I would like all of your opinions on the characters, especially my ‘polished’ version.

Re: Superhero Generator Project

Okay, so here’s the first the first character made with the Superhero Generator. I affectionately call him “Randomly Created Super Martial Artist”. Note that there are three unspent points. I’ll have the polished version out soon.

[b]Pre-rolled Martial Artists - [/b]

[b][u]VAL[/u]   [u]CHA[/u]   [u]Cost[/u]   [u]Total[/u]   [u]Roll[/u]      [u]Notes[/u][/b]
18    STR     8   18      13-       HTH Damage 3 1/2d6  END [2]
23    DEX     39   23      14-       OCV 8 DCV 8
18    CON     16   18      13-
13    BODY    6   13      12-
15    INT     5   15      12-       PER Roll 15-
13    EGO     6   13      12-       ECV: 4
15    PRE     5   15      12-       PRE Attack: 3d6
10    COM     0   10      11-
9    PD      5   9/33             9/33 PD (0/24 rPD)
9    ED      5   9/33             9/33 ED (0/24 rED)
6    SPD     27   6                 Phases:  2, 4, 6, 8, 10, 12
12    REC     8   12
36    END     0   36
31    STUN    0   31
6    RUN      0   6"                END [1]
2    SWIM     0   2"                END [1]
44    LEAP     0   43 1/2"                43 1/2" forward, 21 1/2" upward

[b]CHA Cost: 130[/b]

[b][u]Cost[/u]   [u]POWERS[/u][/b]
10     [b][i]Ch'i Powered Leaping[/i][/b]: Leaping +10" (43 1/2" forward, 21 1/2" upward) - END=1
40     [b][i]Ch'i Powers[/i][/b]: Multipower, 40-point reserve - END=
4u     1)  [b][i]Ch'i Control[/i][/b]: (Simplified) Healing BODY 4d6 (40 Active Points) - END=4
3u     2)  [b][i]Iron Shirt[/i][/b]: Armor (12 PD/12 ED) (36 Active Points); Activation Roll 15- (-1/4) - END=0
4u     3)  [b][i]Lei Kung's Fire[/i][/b]: Energy Blast 8d6 (40 Active Points) - END=4
3u     4)  [b][i]Ox Felling Blow[/i][/b]: Killing Attack - Hand-To-Hand 2d6 (3d6 w/STR) (30 Active Points) - END=3
4u     5)  [b][i]Sublime Energy Control[/i][/b]: Missile Deflection (Any Ranged Attack), Missile Reflection (40 Active Points) - END=0
1u     6)  [b][i]Unshakable Balance[/i][/b]: Flight 5" (10 Active Points); Limited Power Power loses about a third of its effectiveness (Only to Stand/Move on Small/Fragile Surfaces; -1/2), Only In Contact With A Surface (-1/4) - END=1
36     [b][i]Toughness[/i][/b]: Armor (12 PD/12 ED) - END=0
9     +3 PER with all Sense Groups - END=0
30     [b][i]Prodigious Leaping[/i][/b]: Leaping +30" (43 1/2" forward, 21 1/2" upward) - END=3

[b]POWERS Cost: 144[/b]

[b][u]Cost[/u]   [u]MARTIAL ARTS[/u][/b]
     Panther Fist Kung Fu
4      1)  Evade: Martial Dodge:  1/2 Phase, -- OCV, +5 DCV, Dodge, Affects All Attacks, Abort
4      2)  Deflected Blow: Martial Block:  1/2 Phase, +2 OCV, +2 DCV, Block, Abort
3      3)  Sweep: Legsweep:  1/2 Phase, +2 OCV, -1 DCV, 5 1/2d6 Strike, Target Falls
5      4)  Panther Palm: Defensive Strike:  1/2 Phase, +1 OCV, +3 DCV, 4 1/2d6 Strike
5      5)  Knuckle Punch: Offensive Strike:  1/2 Phase, -2 OCV, +1 DCV, 8 1/2d6 Strike
4      6)  Panther Claw: Nerve Strike:  1/2 Phase, -1 OCV, +1 DCV, 2 1/2d6 NND
4      7)  +1 HTH Damage Class(es)
1      8)  Weapon Element:  Staffs

[b]MARTIAL ARTS Cost: 30[/b]

[b][u]Cost[/u]   [u]SKILLS[/u][/b]
3      Acrobatics 14-
3      Breakfall 14-
10      +2 with HTH Combat
3      Conversation 12-
2      AK 11-
3      Oratory 12-
3      Paramedics 12-
3      Persuasion 12-
3      Tactics 12-
     10 Points of Personal/Background Skills
10      1)  Custom Skill 
     Champions Everyman Skills
0      1)  Acting 8-
0      2)  Climbing 8-
0      3)  Concealment 8-
0      4)  Deduction 8-
0      5)  AK: Home Country or Region (Everyman Skill) 11-
0      6)  KS 8-
0      7)  Language:  Native Language (idiomatic) (4 Active Points)
0      8)  PS (Everyman Skill) 11-
0      9)  Shadowing 8-
0      10) Stealth 8-
0      11) TF:  Common Motorized Ground Vehicles, Everyman Skill

[b]SKILLS Cost: 43[/b]

[b][u]Value[/u]  [u]DISADVANTAGES[/u][/b]
20     Psychological Limitation:  Code v Killing (Common, Total)
15     Social Limitation:  Secret ID (Frequently, Major)
15     Hunted:  Personal Enemy 11- (As Pow, Harshly Punish)
100     Custom Disadvantage [Notes: Rolled "Standard Set" all three times, so left the other 100 Disad points open.]

[b]DISADVANTAGES Points: 150[/b]

Base Pts: 200
Exp Required: 0
Total Exp Available: 0
Exp Unspent: 0
Total Character Cost: 347

Wow! Except for the random "Staff" Weapon Element and silly amounts of Leaping, it's about as good as what most people come up with whole cloth. BTW what does a staff have to do with "panther" martial arts anyway? These are things that are easily fixed manually.

I wonder though if there is a lot of variation in outputs, or are all "martial artists" close variations on a single theme?

Also: Do you need to enter a "character archetype," as it were, or do you define the character concept through many variables?

Using the generator you roll dice to determine an Archetype, then a Sub-type. Then you roll for different packages in the Subtype, a Characteristic set, a Power set, Secondary Power set, and a Skill/Talent/Perk set. You can also roll for Disadvantage packages.

I found the leaping rather ridiculous myself; it's one of the first things I changed. As far as the Staff weapon element, the set gave me 30 points of Martial Arts and I had used 29. I figured most martial artist know at least one weapon.

FWIW the Quick Superhuman Generator from Champions was made into a PC application by Shawn Blisset, enabling you to generate a random character in a second, following the templates in the book's generator. As they are random some of the results will be lame, and all will need fine-tuning; but since you can turn out reams of character sheets in a short amount of time, you're sure to come up with some winners.

The generator used to be hosted on the "Free Stuff" part of this website, but hasn't been for a few years. However, you can still download it from this archived webpage.

Okay. This is the rough draft of my modifications to the randomly generated character. I reduced the extra leaping from 40” to 30”, dropped his +3 PER to +2, Dropped his Armor from 12 to 10PD/ED, and dropped 3 points of STR.

I filled out his skills giving him a bit of personality. He’s Chinese, a Lawyer, and lives in Washington D.C. I gave him an extra CSL with HTH, and two extra DCs with his Martial Arts to help get him in the “Super” level as far as damage goes. I gave him Bo Staff designed as a +3d6 HTH attack with 1” of Stretching. Added Fringe Benefits: Black Belt, License to Practice a Profession (Lawyer), and gave him the District Attorney as a Contact for his Secret ID. Lastly I filled out his Disads. He now has a little sister DNPC, 2 Hunteds a super-villain and a rival martial arts clan, a professional rival for his secret ID (another lawyer), a Distinctive Feature for his MA style, and most of the disadvantages from the “Over-refined” disadvantage set.

[b]Pre-rolled Martial Artists - [/b]

[b][u]VAL[/u]   [u]CHA[/u]   [u]Cost[/u]   [u]Total[/u]   [u]Roll[/u]      [u]Notes[/u][/b]
15    STR     5   15      12-       HTH Damage 3d6  END [1]
15    INT     5   15      12-       PER Roll 14-
15    PRE     5   15      12-       PRE Attack: 3d6
8    PD      5   8/30             8/30 PD (0/22 rPD)
9    ED      5   9/31             9/31 ED (0/22 rED)
11    REC     8   11
36    END     0   36
30    STUN    0   30
33    LEAP     0   33"                33" forward, 16 1/2" upward

[b]CHA Cost: 127[/b]

40     [b][i]Ch'i Powers[/i][/b]: Multipower, 40-point reserve - END=
4u     1)  [b][i]Ch'i Control AccuPressure[/i][/b]: (Simplified) Healing BODY 4d6 (40 Active Points) - END=4
3u     2)  [b][i]Iron Shirt[/i][/b]: Armor (12 PD/12 ED) (36 Active Points); Activation Roll 15- (-1/4) - END=0
4u     3)  [b][i]Lei Kung's Fire[/i][/b]: Energy Blast 8d6 (40 Active Points) - END=4
3u     4)  [b][i]Ox Felling Blow[/i][/b]: Killing Attack - Hand-To-Hand 2d6 (3d6 w/STR) (30 Active Points) - END=3
4u     5)  [b][i]Sublime Energy Control[/i][/b]: Missile Deflection (Any Ranged Attack), Missile Reflection (40 Active Points) - END=0
1u     6)  [b][i]Unshakable Balance[/i][/b]: Flight 5" (10 Active Points); Limited Power Power loses about a third of its effectiveness (Only to Stand/Move on Small/Fragile Surfaces; -1/2), Only In Contact With A Surface (-1/4) - END=1
30     [b][i]Toughness[/i][/b]: Armor (10 PD/10 ED) - END=0
6     +2 PER with all Sense Groups - END=0
30     [b][i]Prodigious Leaping[/i][/b]: Leaping +30" (33" forward, 16 1/2" upward) - END=3
6     [b][i]Bo Staff[/i][/b]: (Total: 20 Active Cost, 6 Real Cost) Hand-To-Hand Attack +3d6 (15 Active Points); OAF (-1), Hand-To-Hand Attack (-1/2), Required Hands Two-Handed (-1/2), Real Weapon (-1/4) (Real Cost: 5) [b]plus[/b] Stretching 1" (5 Active Points); OAF (-1), Only To Cause Damage (-1/2), no Noncombat Stretching (-1/4), No Velocity Damage (-1/4), Always Direct (-1/4) (Real Cost: 1) - END=2

[b]POWERS Cost: 131[/b]

[b][u]Cost[/u]   [u]MARTIAL ARTS[/u][/b]
     Panther Fist Kung Fu
4      1)  Evade: Martial Dodge:  1/2 Phase, -- OCV, +5 DCV, Dodge, Affects All Attacks, Abort
4      2)  Deflected Blow: Martial Block:  1/2 Phase, +2 OCV, +2 DCV, Block, Abort
3      3)  Sweep/ Trip: Legsweep:  1/2 Phase, +2 OCV, -1 DCV, Weapon +4 DC Strike, Target Falls
5      4)  Panther Palm/ Staff Strike: Defensive Strike:  1/2 Phase, +1 OCV, +3 DCV, Weapon +3 DC Strike
5      5)  Knuckle Punch/ Staff Jab: Offensive Strike:  1/2 Phase, -2 OCV, +1 DCV, Weapon +7 DC Strike
4      6)  Panther Claw: Nerve Strike:  1/2 Phase, -1 OCV, +1 DCV, 3 1/2d6 NND
12      7)  +3 HTH Damage Class(es)
2      8)  Weapon Element:  Empty Hand, Staffs

[b]MARTIAL ARTS Cost: 39[/b]

3      Acrobatics 14-
3      Breakfall 14-
15      +3 with HTH Combat
3      Conversation 12-
2      AK: United States 11-
3      Oratory 12-
3      Paramedics 12-
3      Persuasion 12-
3      Tactics 12-
     10 Points of Personal/Background Skills
3      1)  Language:  English (completely fluent)
2      2)  CK: Washington D.C. 11-
2      3)  KS: Specific Martial Art 11-
1      4)  KS: The Martial World 8-
2      5)  WF:  Common Martial Arts Melee Weapons
0      1)  Acting 8-
0      2)  Climbing 8-
0      4)  Deduction 8-
0      5)  AK: Home Country or Region (Everyman Skill) 11-
0      6)  KS: Herbalism And Healing-Lore 8-
0      7)  Language:  Native Language (idiomatic) (4 Active Points)
0      8)  PS: Lawyer (Everyman Skill) 11-
0      9)  Shadowing 8-
0      10) Stealth 8-
0      11) TF:  Common Motorized Ground Vehicles, Everyman Skill

[b]SKILLS Cost: 48[/b]

[b][u]Cost[/u]   [u]PERKS[/u][/b]
2      Fringe Benefit:  Black Belt, License to practice a profession
3      Contact (Contact has access to major institutions, Contact has significant Contacts of his own, Contact limited by identity, Good relationship with Contact) 8-

[b]PERKS Cost: 5[/b]

20     Psychological Limitation:  Code v Killing (Common, Total)
15     Social Limitation:  Secret ID (Frequently, Major)
25     Dependent NPC:  Little Sister 11- (Incompetent; Unaware of character's adventuring career/Secret ID)
15     Hunted:  'Super Villain' 11- (As Pow, Harshly Punish)
15     Hunted:  Rival Clan 8- (As Pow, NCI, Harshly Punish)
5     Rivalry:  Professional (Another Lawyer; Rival is As Powerful; Seek to Outdo, Embarrass, or Humiliate Rival; Rival Aware of Rivalry)
10     Distinctive Features:  Kung Fu Style (Not Concealable; Noticed and Recognizable; Detectable By Large Group)
10     Physical Limitation:  Careful Diet (Infrequently, Greatly Impairing)
15     Physical Limitation:  Hyper Reflexive (Frequently, Greatly Impairing) [Notes: Attacks without meaning to/when startled]
20     Vulnerability:  2 x STUN Gas/Poison (Common)

Total Character Cost: 350

So what do you all think?

I’ll be fleshing out some things in time. I have a bit of a backstory already and plan on turning this into a full character. Do you think he’s under-powered for a 350pt game? Does his skill set make sense? Is there any horribly obvious flaws?

Thanks in advance for any opinions, criticisms, and of course, suggestions.

So what do you all think?

I’ll be fleshing out some things in time. I have a bit of a backstory already and plan on turning this into a full character. Do you think he’s under-powered for a 350pt game? Does his skill set make sense? Is there any horribly obvious flaws?

Thanks in advance for any opinions, criticisms, and of course, suggestions.

No, there are no obvious flaws. He seems a little light on base STR and DEX for a pure martial artist, and the staff element, again, might be a little weak (6d6 when he has all the other more powerful options), but that's balanced by the reach. And the MP is neat.

No' date=' there are no obvious flaws. He seems a little light on base STR and DEX for a pure martial artist, and the staff element, again, might be a little weak (6d6 when he has all the other more powerful options), but that's balanced by the reach. And the MP is neat.[/quote']

Actually, the staff element means the martial arts applies to the staff as well, bringing him up to a 13d6 with the offensive strike. At a 9 OCV with that strike, its pretty good. Or with the legsweep, he can dish 10d6 with a 13 OCV.

The only thing I'd consider changing is switching out the +3 HtH levels for the cheaper levels with all martial arts. The only cause against that would be the 3d6 HKA in the multi-power which, then, wouldn't benefit from skill levels anymore. Or since that has the special effect of a special maneuver, would that be covered as an 'empty hand' element? If it does, then switch out the +3 for +5 of the much cheaper CSLs.

I've had overall good results with the Champions random character generator in the past. The results are usually tweakable into something playable with little effort.

I've also had good luck using it semi-randomly --> making a certain number of rolls until some kind of pattern appears and then winging the rest of it.

Well, sorry for leaving this for so long. I’ve been making a character for a Hero Central game, but I’m still working on this project. I had a detailed background in my head for the martial arts character, but quite frankly my character histories tend to be several pages long and I thought it would be better to move on to the next character.

Also, if anyone else would like to share their experiences or characters created using the Random Superhuman Generator that would be great.

This is a very strange "Power Army" character I rolled. For those of you not familiar with the Superhuman Generator, when you roll the Power Armor archetype you re-roll and get several options, one of which is to build the power armor character by rolling for the Energy Projector packages, which is what happened. So here he is:

[b]Power Armor Guy - "Re-roll As Energy Projector / Air Support"[/b]

25    INT     15   25      14-       PER Roll 14-
10    PRE     0   10      11-       PRE Attack: 2d6
9    PD      5   9/13             9/13 PD (0/4 rPD)
9    ED      5   9/13             9/13 ED (0/4 rED)
12    REC     8   12
36    END     0   36
31    STUN    0   31
4    LEAP     0   3 1/2"                3 1/2" forward, 1 1/2" upward

[b]CHA Cost: 135[/b]

75     [b][i]Energy Powers[/i][/b]: Multipower, 75-point reserve - END=
7u     1)  [b][i]Basic Blast[/i][/b]: Energy Blast 10d6, Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2) (75 Active Points) - END=0
7u     2)  [b][i]Explosive Blast[/i][/b]: Energy Blast 10d6, Explosion (+1/2) (75 Active Points) - END=7
7u     3)  [b][i]Piercing Blast[/i][/b]: Energy Blast 10d6, Armor Piercing (+1/2) (75 Active Points) - END=7
4u     4)  [b][i]Deadly Blast[/i][/b]: Killing Attack - Ranged 3d6 (45 Active Points) - END=4
12     [b][i]Toughness[/i][/b]: Armor (4 PD/4 ED) - END=0
8     [b][i]Radio-Sense[/i][/b]: Radio Perception - END=0
19     [b][i]Spaceworthy[/i][/b]: Life Support  (Safe in High Pressure; Safe in High Radiation; Safe in Intense Cold; Safe in Intense Heat; Safe in Low Pressure/Vacuum; Self-Contained Breathing) - END=0
30     [b][i]Space Traveler[/i][/b]: Multipower, 30-point reserve - END=
3u     1)  [b][i]Flying[/i][/b]: Flight 15" (30 Active Points) - END=3
3u     2)  Faster-Than-Light Travel (3 Light Years/day) (30 Active Points) - END=0

[b]POWERS Cost: 175[/b]

10      +2 with all Science Skills
3      Scientist
1      1)  SS:  Dimensional Engineering 11- (2 Active Points)
1      2)  SS:  Dimensional Engineering 11- (2 Active Points)
1      3)  SS:  Dimensional Engineering 11- (2 Active Points)
1      4)  SS:  Dimensional Engineering 11- (2 Active Points)
1      5)  SS:  Dimensional Engineering 11- (2 Active Points)
1      6)  SS:  Dimensional Engineering 11- (2 Active Points)
1      7)  SS:  Dimensional Engineering 11- (2 Active Points)
10      Custom Skill 
0      1)  Acting 8-
0      2)  Climbing 8-
0      4)  Conversation 8-
0      5)  Deduction 8-
0      6)  AK: Home Country or Region (Everyman Skill) 11-
0      7)  KS: Player's Choice 8-
0      8)  Language:  Native Language (idiomatic) (4 Active Points)
0      9)  Paramedics 8-
0      10) Persuasion 8-
0      11) PS: Character's Job, Hobbie or area of Interest (Everyman Skill) 11-
0      12) Shadowing 8-
0      13) Stealth 8-
0      14) TF:  Common Motorized Ground Vehicles, Everyman Skill

[b]SKILLS Cost: 30[/b]

10      Vehicles & Bases

[b]PERKS Cost: 10[/b]

15     Hunted:  Personal Enemy 11- (As Pow, Capture/Kill)
20     Psychological Limitation:  Code Versus Killing (Common, Total)
15     Social Limitation:  Secret Identity (Frequently, Major)
100     100 more points in disads.

I left all the skills and such open. I rolled the "Curse" Disadvantage Set which really doesn't work for the power armor character and the "Standard Set" Disadvantage twice, which is the one I listed.

I rolled the "Curse" Disadvantage Set which really doesn't work for the power armor character and the "Standard Set" Disadvantage twice' date=' which is the one I listed.[/quote']

Malfunctioning or alien very-high-tech armor lands on earth (sans proper wearer).

Character touches armor and it mistakes him/her for proper wearer, melding with him.

Armor often appears/disappears/attacks per intended wearer's programming.

Seems workable to me.:eg:

So, I added Only In Secret Identity to most of his powers to represent the need to get into his armor. This makes him virtually useless out of the power armor for anything other than scientist stuff, but allowed me to add a bit more defense to the poor guy when in the "armor". Left about 14 points open. Will refine more when I get time.

[b]Power Armor Guy - "Re-roll As Energy Projector / Air Support"[/b]

25    INT     15   25      14-       PER Roll 14-
10    PRE     0   10      11-       PRE Attack: 2d6
9    PD      5   9/19             9/19 PD (0/10 rPD)
9    ED      5   9/19             9/19 ED (0/10 rED)
12    REC     8   12
36    END     0   36
31    STUN    0   31
4    LEAP     0   3 1/2"                3 1/2" forward, 1 1/2" upward

60     [b][i]Energy Powers[/i][/b]: Multipower, 75-point reserve,  (75 Active Points); all slots Only In Heroic Identity (-1/4) - END=
6u     1)  [b][i]Basic Blast[/i][/b]: Energy Blast 10d6, Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2) (75 Active Points); Only In Heroic Identity (-1/4) - END=0
6u     2)  [b][i]Explosive Blast[/i][/b]: Energy Blast 10d6, Explosion (+1/2) (75 Active Points); Only In Heroic Identity (-1/4) - END=7
6u     3)  [b][i]Piercing Blast[/i][/b]: Energy Blast 10d6, Armor Piercing (+1/2) (75 Active Points); Only In Heroic Identity (-1/4) - END=7
4u     4)  [b][i]Deadly Blast[/i][/b]: Killing Attack - Ranged 3d6 (45 Active Points); Only In Heroic Identity (-1/4) - END=4
24     [b][i]Toughness[/i][/b]: Armor (10 PD/10 ED) (30 Active Points); Only In Heroic Identity (-1/4) - END=0
6     [b][i]Radio-Sense[/i][/b]: Radio Perception (8 Active Points); Only In Heroic Identity (-1/4) - END=0
15     [b][i]Spaceworthy[/i][/b]: Life Support  (Safe in High Pressure; Safe in High Radiation; Safe in Intense Cold; Safe in Intense Heat; Safe in Low Pressure/Vacuum; Self-Contained Breathing) (19 Active Points); Only In Heroic Identity (-1/4) - END=0
24     [b][i]Space Traveler[/i][/b]: Multipower, 30-point reserve,  (30 Active Points); all slots Only In Heroic Identity (-1/4) - END=
2u     1)  [b][i]Flying[/i][/b]: Flight 15" (30 Active Points); Only In Heroic Identity (-1/4) - END=3
2u     2)  Faster-Than-Light Travel (3 Light Years/day) (30 Active Points); Only In Heroic Identity (-1/4) - END=0

[b]POWERS Cost: 155[/b]

10      +2 with all Science Skills
3      Scientist
1      1)  SS:  Dimensional Engineering 11- (2 Active Points)
1      2)  SS:  Dimensional Engineering 11- (2 Active Points)
1      3)  SS:  Dimensional Engineering 11- (2 Active Points)
1      4)  SS:  Dimensional Engineering 11- (2 Active Points)
1      5)  SS:  Dimensional Engineering 11- (2 Active Points)
1      6)  SS:  Dimensional Engineering 11- (2 Active Points)
1      7)  SS:  Dimensional Engineering 11- (2 Active Points)
10      Custom Skill 
0      1)  Acting 8-
0      2)  Climbing 8-
0      4)  Conversation 8-
0      5)  Deduction 8-
0      6)  AK: Home Country or Region (Everyman Skill) 11-
0      7)  KS: Player's Choice 8-
0      8)  Language:  Native Language (idiomatic) (4 Active Points)
0      9)  Paramedics 8-
0      10) Persuasion 8-
0      11) PS: Character's Job, Hobbie or area of Interest (Everyman Skill) 11-
0      12) Shadowing 8-
0      13) Stealth 8-
0      14) TF:  Common Motorized Ground Vehicles, Everyman Skill

[b]SKILLS Cost: 30[/b]

10      Vehicles & Bases

[b][u]Cost[/u]   [u]TALENTS[/u][/b]
2      Absolute Range Sense (3 Active Points); Only In Heroic Identity (-1/4)
2      Absolute Time Sense (3 Active Points); Only In Heroic Identity (-1/4)
2      Bump Of Direction (3 Active Points); Only In Heroic Identity (-1/4)

[b]TALENTS Cost: 6[/b]
15     Hunted:  Personal Enemy 11- (As Pow, Capture/Kill)
20     Psychological Limitation:  Code Versus Killing (Common, Total)
15     Social Limitation:  Secret Identity (Frequently, Major)
100     100 more points in disads.

Total Character Cost: 336

Malfunctioning or alien very-high-tech armor lands on earth (sans proper wearer) Character touches armor and it mistakes him/her for proper wearer' date=' melding with him. Armor often appears/disappears/attacks per intended wearer's programming. Seems workable to me. [/quote']

I'll consider that. I was going to have a radiation accident turn a high tech space suit into the faster than light phenomenon it becomes, but maybe I'll work something else out.

So I decided to do the same. Here were my unmodified rolls:

[b]Unmodified Random Character One: Weaponmaster[/b]
Char: Nimbleness
Prim: Super-Warrior
Sec: Sensory Platform
Skills: Acrobatics

[b][u]VAL[/u]	[u]CHA[/u]	[u]Cost[/u]	[u]Total[/u]	[u]Roll[/u]	[u]Notes[/u][/b]
18	STR	8		13-	HTH Damage 3 1/2d6  END [2]
23	DEX	39		14-	OCV 8 DCV 11
18	CON	16		13-	
13	BODY	6		12-	
15	INT	5		12-	PER Roll 17-
13	EGO	6		12-	ECV: 4
10	PRE	0		11-	PRE Attack: 2d6
10	COM	0		11-	
9	PD	5	15r
9	ED	5	15r
6	SPD	27			Phases: 2,4,6,8,10,12
12	REC	8	
36	END	0	36
31	STUN	0	31
11	RUN	10	11"		END [1]
2	SWIM	0	2"		END [1]
4	LEAP	0	3 1/2"	3 1/2" forward, 1 1/2" upward
10	FLY	20	10"

Cost	Power
15	Combat Sense (PER Roll)
5	Defense Maneuver II
15	Deadly Aim: Find Weakness 12- with one attack type
18	Combat Protection: Armor (6 PD/6 ED)
22	Power Strike: HA +9d6; Hand-to-Hand Attack (-½), OIF (-½)
15	+3 DCV or 
10	Swift: Running +5"

Cost	Power
10	Toughness: Damage Resistance (10 PD/10 ED)
20	Flying: Flight 10"
15	Heightened Awareness: +5 PER with all Sense Groups
5	Heat-Sight: Infrared Perception (Sight Group)
15	Radar-Sense: Radar (Radio Sense Group)
10	Unstoppable Perception: N-Ray Perception (player chooses Sense Group and 	defines nature of power)

[b]POWERS Cost:175[/b]

7	Acrobatics 16-
7	Breakfall 16-
15	Combat Skill Levels:	+3 with HTH or Ranged Combat
3	Contortionist 14-
10	Martial Arts (Kung Fu: Throw, Legsweep, Dodge)
8	Flavor Skills
0	Champions Everyman Skills

[b]SKILLS Cost: 50[/b]

10      Vehicles & Bases

STANDARD SET
15	Hunted: Personal Enemy 11- (As Powerful, Capture/Kill)
20	Psychological Limitation: Code Versus Killing (Common, Total)
15	Social Limitation: Secret Identity(Private Investigator Jason Arryn, specializes in lost-property cases
CULTURAL ALIEN SET
5	Distinctive Features: Rube (Easily Concealed, Noticed and Recognizable)
10	Enraged: when insulted through cultural misunderstandings (Uncommon), go 11-, recover 14-
10	Hunted: the authorities 8- (More Powerful, Non-Combat Influence, Watching)
10	Physical Limitation: Unfamiliar With Earth Culture (Frequently, Slightly Impairing)
15	Psychological Limitation: Naive (Very Common, Moderate)
NORMAL GUY SET
15	DNPC of your choice
20	Psychological Limitation: Overcompensates For Lack Of True Powers (Very Common, Strong)
15	Vulnerability: 1½ x STUN from Falling and Knockback Damage (Very Common)

And here's the final character: The Man With Arrows aka Jason Arryn.

I dropped some parts of the Cultural Alien Set that seemed inappropriate and replaced them with some other things.

I determined that he is one of those emissaries from a hidden country that used to be really common. His cover is a private investigator who moves around a lot. Previously he was a hunter on Arrow Isle, which is just like all the other secret hidden islands except that everyone there learns godly archery skills.

[b]Modified Random Character: The Man with Arrows[/b]
Char: Nimbleness
Prim: Super-Warrior
Sec: Sensory Platform
Skills: Acrobatics

[b][u]VAL[/u]	[u]CHA[/u]	[u]Cost[/u]	[u]Total[/u]	[u]Roll[/u]	[u]Notes[/u][/b]
18	STR	8		13-	HTH Damage 3 1/2d6  END [2]
23	DEX	39		14-	OCV 8 DCV 11
18	CON	16		13-	
13	BODY	6		12-	
15	INT	5		12-	PER Roll 17-
13	EGO	6		12-	ECV: 4
10	PRE	0		11-	PRE Attack: 2d6
10	COM	0		11-	
9	PD	5	15r
9	ED	5	15r
6	SPD	27			Phases: 2,4,6,8,10,12
12	REC	8	
36	END	0	36
31	STUN	0	31
11	RUN	10	11"		END [1]
2	SWIM	0	2"		END [1]
4	LEAP	0	3 1/2"	3 1/2" forward, 1 1/2" upward
10	FLY	20	10"

[b]CHA Cost: 155[/b]

18	Toxotes' Armor: Armor (6 PD/6 ED), Damage Resistance (9 PD/9 ED): 27 AP, OIF(-1/2)
17	Combat Sense (as Sense)
10	Defense Maneuver IV
15	Deadly Aim: Find Weakness 12- with archery
22	Hailshot: EB +9d6; OAF(two OIFs, the bow and the quiver) (-1)
20	Arrowsight Band: OIF(-1/2)
	See Momentum: N-Ray Perception (Detect Objects, blocked by Force Fields, Force Walls, and extreme heat)	10
	Heat-Sight: Infrared Perception (Sight Group)	5
	Active Sonar (Hearing Sense Group)	15

[b]POWERS Cost:102[/b]

3	Acrobatics 16-
3	Breakfall 16-
3	Contortionist 16-
10	+2 with all DEX skills
15	Heightened Awareness: +5 PER with all Sense Groups
15	CSLs: +3 with Ranged Combat
10	Wind-Shield Bracer: Missile Deflection: bullets and shrapnel, OIF(-1/2)
14	Martial Arts (Throw, Legsweep, Dodge, Block)
3	Money: Well-Off ($300k/year mostly from Arrow Isle)
2	Weaponsmith(Muscle Ranged)
2	Private Investigator Licence
1	Passport(Arrow Isle)
1	Membership: Black Arrow agent (Arrow Isle covert ops)
2	KS: Underworld 11-
2	KS: Law Enforcement 11-
3	Shadowing 12-
4	Survival(Temperate, Subtropical, and Tropical) 12-
3	Tracking 12-
[b]Skills and Perks Cost: 96[/b]

Disadvantages:
15	Orders From Arrow Isle (Frequently, Major): Superiors on Arrow Isle often require Jason to carry out work for them
5	Distinctive Features: Birthmark and Tatoos on arms (Easily Concealed, Noticed and Recognizable)
STANDARD SET
15	Hunted: Personal Enemy 11- (As Powerful, Capture/Kill)
20	Psychological Limitation: Code Versus Killing (Common, Total)
15	Social Limitation: Secret Identity(Itinerant Private Investigator Jason Arryn, specializes in lost-property cases)
CULTURAL ALIEN SET
10	Enraged: when insulted through cultural misunderstandings (Uncommon), go 11-, recover 14-
10	Watched: the authorities 8- (More Powerful, Non-Combat Influence)
10	Physical Limitation: Unfamiliar With Modern Culture (Frequently, Slightly Impairing)
NORMAL GUY SET
15	DNPC Alexandra Artimesia, Arrow Isle's main diplomat and Jason's off-and-on girlfriend (Normal, Occasionally 11-)
20	Psychological Limitation: Overcompensates For Lack Of True Powers (Very Common, Strong)
15	Vulnerability: 1½ x STUN from Falling and Knockback Damage (Very Common)