Star Wars Jedi (and light sabers)

Re: Star Wars Jedi (and light sabers)

Let me see if I have mine handy ...

Lightsaber: Elemental Control, 72-point powers, (36 Active Points); all slots OAF Durable (-1), EGO Minimum 18 (CV penalties as though STR Minimum) (-1), No Knockback (-1/4), No Bleeding (-1/4), Untunable (Always Max Dice) (-1/4), -1 Decreased STUN Multiplier (-1/4): 9 points

1) Lightsaber: Killing Attack - Hand-To-Hand 2d6-1 (vs. ED), Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2), AVLD vs. Combat Luck, Dodge-Based Defense, or Energy-Based ED Force Field/Wall (+3/4), Does BODY (+1) (81 Active Points); OAF Durable (-1), EGO Minimum 18 (CV penalties as though STR Minimum) (-1), No STR Bonus (Adds Martial DCs at 4:1) (-1/2), No Knockback (-1/4), No Bleeding (-1/4), Untunable (Always Max Dice) (-1/4), -1 Decreased STUN Multiplier (-1/4): 10 points

2) Active Lightsaber: Killing Attack - Ranged 1d6 (vs. ED), Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2), Damage Shield (+1/2), AVLD (vs. Dodge-Based Defense (e.g. Combat Luck) or Energy-Based Force Field/Wall; +3/4), Continuous (+1), Does BODY (+1) (71 Active Points); OAF Durable (-1), EGO Minimum 18 (CV penalties as though STR Minimum) (-1), Specific Beam Only (Only With Block / Missile Deflection / Beam Touched) (-1/4), No Knockback (-1/4), No Bleeding (-1/4), Untunable (Always Max Dice) (-1/4), -1 Decreased STUN Multiplier (-1/4)

Notes: Note that this does damage to physical missiles struck with Missile Deflection. Most small items -- bullets and the like -- will be virtually disintegrated on impact, with an average of 4-5 BODY. Larger items will be severely damaged, especially as the damage done completely avoids their DEF.

So what you essentially have is something that, unless you get out of its way or you have an energy-based field/wall, will severely mess you up. Advantages (missile deflection, improving its power, etc.) are all via the Force.

I'd only see it as an NND as it will slice through any storm trooper's armor or droid

it was shown being able to open a hatch on a walker(so yes it can cleave through a main battle tank,Superman on the other hand has a skintight FF,hope Hulk regenerates fast enough)

most everybody in the SW universe does not wear any protection

So

Best Defense no be there

or

Don't get hit by anything

lightsabres as NND? So you guys think a lightsabre could cut through Superman' date='the hulk or the front plate of a main battle tank like butter? I just don't see it . Armor piercing or just piercing seems better to me. Although in a non supers environment it matters less I suppose.[/quote']

I'd only see it as an NND as it will slice through any storm trooper's armor or droid

it was shown being able to open a hatch on a walker(so yes it can cleave through a main battle tank,Superman on the other hand has a skintight FF,hope Hulk regenerates fast enough)

most everybody in the SW universe does not wear any protection

So

Best Defense no be there

or

Don't get hit by anything

Sounds a lot like Plot Design for me (I certainly put Jedi Masters in the Superheroic Powerlevel so what they can and can't do is part of the plot).

If it is 6E I would first find out what the highest level of Penetrating for non-LS weapons is and then give the Lightsaber a level on top of that (or at least equal to the best). That way blocking it (for force fields) is only a matter of having enough "impenetrable" to block it. Acording to APG II 46 a Impenetrable Defense must have at least Defense Points equal to the Average Body to stop an Penetrating Avantage or his entire defense must be impenetrable.

So when lightsabers are 2d6k, double penetrating (+1) = 60 AP

then 4 Resistant Energy Defenses, double Impenetrable (+1) = 12 AP would stop the penetrating part but let the normal Damage through

and 12 rED, double Impenetrable (+1) = 36 AP would totally stop it.

Remember the flavor of the thing, though; in Star Wars parlance, it slices through almost everything. If you're porting that ability over to a superheroic campaign, then yes -- 'real powerful sword that cuts incredibly/magically deep' is probably what you're looking at. If, on the other hand, you're still looking for the flavor, then something that pretty much ignores defenses and gets straight to the body -- but can be a) avoided or B) blocked entirely might be your cup of tea...

Remember the flavor of the thing' date=' though; in Star Wars parlance, it slices through almost everything.[/quote']

And Superman can lift almost anything, fly faster than light and spin the earth backwards to travel through time.

So when you say "mind the flavor" you are automatically running into the "writer does not controlls actions of the protagonists"-problem all RPG's have when compared to the the source material.

You could buy it inbalacing ovepowered the same way you could make a Killing Attack, does Body, NND (hardened smell flash defense) or a Teleport, UAA.