Can't start a thread on the 6E Forum?

shnar

Re: Can't start a thread on the 6E Forum?

Ah. I'd noticed most of the threads were closed, but not the entire forum.

Too bad too, I've been out of Hero for a year or so, Champions Online prompting me to come back. Last I'd seen on the forums was that there were no plans to look at 6E since everyone loved 5ER so much. Had I gotten wind that a 6E was in the works, I would have loved to put in my input :)

-shnar

So it seems. Can't tell you how surprised I was to come back and see on the main page Steve talking about the book pretty much done. Last time I'd checked, 6E was *no where* on the radar :P

Well, here's to hoping things are cleaned but not terribly changed :)

-shnar

I understand that the decison to go to 6th edition was heavily influenced by the MMO. The MMO launch will be the biggest advertisement for HERO in decades & a shiny new book with the best production values & the cleanest rules possible just makes sense.

This also allows a nice clean break between the old 5th edition Champions Universe and the one Cryptic is building for the MMO.

I understand that the decison to go to 6th edition was heavily influenced by the MMO.

Supposedly they were already discussing it (privately) before the MMO option came up, but the MMO certainly influenced the decision making process.

I understand that the decison to go to 6th edition was heavily influenced by the MMO. The MMO launch will be the biggest advertisement for HERO in decades & a shiny new book with the best production values & the cleanest rules possible just makes sense.

This also allows a nice clean break between the old 5th edition Champions Universe and the one Cryptic is building for the MMO.

You understand incorrectly.

You understand incorrectly.

Well, I think the decision to do 6th edition when they did was influenced by the MMO. It's possible they may have waited another year or so, but yeah, I'm pretty sure they were going to do one anyway.

I understand that the decison to go to 6th edition was heavily influenced by the MMO.

That's not correct. The decision to publish 6E was made at a company meeting in October, 2007. Cryptic didn't call us to inquire about buying Champions until mid-December, 2007.

Timing-wise it worked out very well for us, since launching a new edition at about the same time that a large number of people will be exposed to Champions for the first time can't hurt, but we absolutely, positively, unequivocally did not decide to do 6E because of the MMO.

Posts: 12' date='043 - And not for the 1st time. :D[/quote']

Oh, I know, I love reading Steve's posts. Just a lot of our threads seem rather... petty? And not deserving of his time (i.e. for some of these threads, I'd rather he was working on 6E ;)).

-shnar

Meh, I participate in more threads that aren't rules related than Steve.

And apparently am either very verbos, or spend too much time online.

It doesn't surprise me that people have more posts than the Line Developer. Most of Steve's posts are from answering questions making his post count almost completely dependant on people needing a question answered.

EDIT: oh, and I bet Steve has a lot better signal to noise ratio than I do. :P

Well' date=' as of a couple days ago Hugh Neilson's surpassed me too. So I'm now a mere #3 on post count. ;)[/quote']

I've repp'd Steve too recently - can someone get him for me for the super-obvious point that I talk too much :(

I would note that I rarely post on NGD - count those, and I suspect I'd move back quite a bit.