One Last 6E Preview: The Covers!

Steve Long

Re: One Last 6E Preview: The Covers!

They might not stop bullets but no one is going to be aiming through the glare :)

Hmmm. Missile Deflection with the Side Effect: innocent bystanders get shot instead as attacker screams "MY EYES!!!" and fires blind... icon25.gif

Basically, lower PD versus increased PD, and possibly a Flash Damage Shield. :D

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like the covers, the colors remind me of the BBB in some ways, and I'm fine with a minimalist cover design. A slight color or contrast difference would have been nice to make them easy to distinguish on a shelf or in a pile, but I'm sure I'll be able to get by. I'm really looking forward to purchasing them as soon as they're available.

I like the covers' date=' the colors remind me of the BBB in some ways, and I'm fine with a minimalist cover design. A slight color or contrast difference would have been nice to make them easy to distinguish on a shelf or in a pile, but I'm sure I'll be able to get by. I'm really looking forward to purchasing them as soon as they're available.[/quote']

Actually, I'm pretty sure that 6E1 is quite a bit larger than 6E2, so on a book shelf or in a pile it should be easy enough. On a display rack at a shop you might have to be more careful, though.

Actually' date=' I'm pretty sure that 6E1 is quite a bit larger than 6E2, so on a book shelf or in a pile it should be easy enough. On a display rack at a shop you might have to be more careful, though.[/quote']

...and 6E1 flies, whilst 6E2 teleports. I'm guessing that will help identification.

6E1 - 466 pages

6E2 - 322 pages

At least according to PDF

Man, those are some HUGE books. I don't know if it's physically possible to print a 788-page hardcover that can hold together for a cover price under $100.

And Lemming -- does your knowledge of the page count mean you actually have PDF copies now?

6E1 - 466 pages

6E2 - 322 pages

At least according to PDF

Nitpick: Don't the PDFs include front and back covers as two additional pages, making the 'actual' page counts 464 and 320? (Those numbers divide evenly into 16, which makes that more likely.)

And we expect liveblogging of your readthrough. :D

Nitpick: Don't the PDFs include front and back covers as two additional pages, making the 'actual' page counts 464 and 320? (Those numbers divide evenly into 16, which makes that more likely.)

And we expect liveblogging of your readthrough. :D

Correct on the Nitpick.

And no live blogging.

Almost 800 pages, and that doesn't even include the APG, which I'm assuming will be at least 200-400 more. Wow. I suspect that 8th edition will be drastically shorter, as a backlash against the 4 volume, 1600 page 7th edition. ;)

Oddball question here--how many units would 6th have to sell to qualify Hero as the #3 RPG company in the industry? Or at least to make a claim on that spot?

The swine. Then again' date=' I suppose that questions can start being answered now.[/quote']I'm gonna hold off until we get the green light from Steve, or it goes up for sale in the Online Store, whichever comes first. :)

'Course, it's not like we'd know all the answers anyway... there's plenty of it we haven't seen even draft text of...

I'm gonna hold off until we get the green light from Steve, or it goes up for sale in the Online Store, whichever comes first. :)

'Course, it's not like we'd know all the answers anyway... there's plenty of it we haven't seen even draft text of...

Sorry, I wasn't clear: I wasn't necessarily talking about us, but the people who have it in their hot little hands. And, you know, I did the 6th Ed data entry work, so as far as not having seen the draft text... ;)

On the plus side, nothing to apologize for or catch the wrong eye. Nothing like having your rpg book confiscated in school because there's a scantily clad woman on the cover and the image is giving Mrs. Crabtree palpitations.

On the negative side, nothing to make the book pop. Bland as a Traveller cover. You aren't tempted to pick the book up and flip through so you are much less likely to tempt the casual player or the newbie.

For my sake, it's all about the innards but as a former game shill this book would be effort to move to people not already actively looking for it. My 2 pesos.