A pit.

neogeo69

Ok I'm looking at either a witch or an earthy based superhero. How would you build the ability to create... a pit? As an attack that is.

For example.

GeoDude spots villain. He gestures and a pit opens up villain. Villain falls in.

Would it be an entangle? Some type of TK? Tunnelling Ranged?

Obviously flying or superleaping victims can get out easily. Others... not so.

Thanks!

Re: A pit.

normal ground has 16 body

so you will need to generate 32 body ,that is the bad news

the good news is every 4 extra body doubles the amount of hexes affected

the question would be would this be minor or major transform

for me this would be a minor transform

Transform: Floor to hole in the ground.

normal ground has 16 body

so you will need to generate 32 body ,that is the bad news

the good news is every 4 extra body doubles the amount of hexes affected

the question would be would this be minor or major transform

for me this would be a minor transform

I like the tunneling idea as well, take on ranged and you can have some fun. With the Transform I thought there was a middle ground between Minor and Major, a 10 point option that would work. It's expensive but once you can break that 32 Body cap regularly there's a lot of room for some fun. Say a 10d6 or 15d6 transform. With the 15d6 transform I think you'd be rolling around 50 body on average so that's 8 hexs deep if my math is right.

Transform has cumulative naturally

so you can keep adding on to it doubling every 4 points so you could destroy the planet given enough time

I like the tunneling idea as well' date=' take on ranged and you can have some fun. With the Transform I thought there was a middle ground between Minor and Major, a 10 point option that would work. It's expensive but once you can break that 32 Body cap regularly there's a lot of room for some fun. Say a 10d6 or 15d6 transform. With the 15d6 transform I think you'd be rolling around 50 body on average so that's 8 hexs deep if my math is right.[/quote']

I like the tunneling idea as well' date=' take on ranged and you can have some fun. With the Transform I thought there was a middle ground between Minor and Major, a 10 point option that would work. It's expensive but once you can break that 32 Body cap regularly there's a lot of room for some fun. Say a 10d6 or 15d6 transform. With the 15d6 transform I think you'd be rolling around 50 body on average so that's 8 hexs deep if my math is right.[/quote']

Thanks! Great idea Certified! I'll have to take a look at the book description of Transform again to get the numbers down (i'm at work hehe).

Wow. 16 Body for ground eh?

I made a mole-person not long ago... I had a few 'pit' abilities.

Tunneling: Usable As Attack (triggered for the 'pit trap') was the main method... with or without Fill In depending on how vicious you want to be.

Entangle for a shallow pit, especially one that has debris fall into the pit and 'pin you in'

Creating a pit trap a different way:

Teleport 5", Increased Mass x128, Usable as Attack at Range, Area Effect: 10 hexes, Indirect (always from above); Usable only against dirt / rock / sand, Only to teleport straight up.

This affects a wedge of earth, approximately 3 hexes in diameter at the top and 3 hexes deep, teleporting the wedge from directly underneath the target, to 5" above his head. (Near as I can tell, that would weigh between 100,000 and 125,000 kg, depending upon how densely packed it is.) The unfortunate person(s) previously standing on that now-missing hunk-o-dirt, along with the dirt itself, both fall at the end of the Segment, burying alive anyone still underneath it.

I suppose you could go with a column of dirt 10" tall and increase the teleport distance to match, but a wedge means the target has a bit farther to go to avoid the falling dirt.

target can simply leap 2 hexes out of the way so long has they have not used a phases that segment

X128 mass is about a 45 str

1 hex of dirt is around 16 tons

Creating a pit trap a different way:

Teleport 5", Increased Mass x128, Usable as Attack at Range, Area Effect: 10 hexes, Indirect (always from above); Usable only against dirt / rock / sand, Only to teleport straight up.

This affects a wedge of earth, approximately 3 hexes in diameter at the top and 3 hexes deep, teleporting the wedge from directly underneath the target, to 5" above his head. (Near as I can tell, that would weigh between 100,000 and 125,000 kg, depending upon how densely packed it is.) The unfortunate person(s) previously standing on that now-missing hunk-o-dirt, along with the dirt itself, both fall at the end of the Segment, burying alive anyone still underneath it.

I suppose you could go with a column of dirt 10" tall and increase the teleport distance to match, but a wedge means the target has a bit farther to go to avoid the falling dirt.

What's the ground except a very thick wall. How about an energy blast or killing attack, only vs. the ground. SFX: Opening a hole. Then falling in would be up to whether the player had an action phase available to jump out of the way.

A downside there is the randomness. Sometimes the hole would be better than others (based on how good your BODY damage roll is).

But I tend to think the obvious choices are the best. Tunneling, ranged. Wouldn't seem to need the "usable against" because you aren't forcing someone to move, that's just the side effect of the tunneling in their vicinity.

you need the against or they can jump away

by using "usable against others you can control the direction they have to go

unless they have a power that can counter it(tunneling)

this would be just as if you used flying vs others to hold somebody up so they cannot move unless they have flight

What's the ground except a very thick wall. How about an energy blast or killing attack, only vs. the ground. SFX: Opening a hole. Then falling in would be up to whether the player had an action phase available to jump out of the way.

A downside there is the randomness. Sometimes the hole would be better than others (based on how good your BODY damage roll is).

But I tend to think the obvious choices are the best. Tunneling, ranged. Wouldn't seem to need the "usable against" because you aren't forcing someone to move, that's just the side effect of the tunneling in their vicinity.

you need the against or they can jump away

by using "usable against others you can control the direction they have to go

unless they have a power that can counter it(tunneling)

this would be just as if you used flying vs others to hold somebody up so they cannot move unless they have flight

Beast,

I think you're 100% correct. I re-read the rules for Usable As Attack, and imo, Pit really does describe an event similar to Flight, Usable as Attack, only downwards.

So...

Tunnelling, Ranged, Usable as Attack essentially will be the way I'm thinking of doing it. Maybe even AE - One Hex as an option.

Someone suggested the Body of Ground was, what's the DEF?

Thanks