5th edition to 6th edition problem (Martial Arts)

JmOz

So working on a speedster for a 6th edition game I am going to be running. It is what I am calling a Urban Champions game, meaning that the heroe are very similar to what is called Dark Champions: Animated adventures, but a little more super heroish.

Anyways, so I am working on one of the characters, and noticed that the MA available is limited (No MA book yet) so I am wondering...should i just use 5th edition MA (From UMA), what are the advantages/pitfalls? and how different will 6th be from 5

Re: 5th edition to 6th edition problem (Martial Arts)

So working on a speedster for a 6th edition game I am going to be running. It is what I am calling a Urban Champions game, meaning that the heroe are very similar to what is called Dark Champions: Animated adventures, but a little more super heroish.

Anyways, so I am working on one of the characters, and noticed that the MA available is limited (No MA book yet) so I am wondering...should i just use 5th edition MA (From UMA), what are the advantages/pitfalls? and how different will 6th be from 5

Well, for a speedster the Fmove maneuvers will presumably end up working a bit different based on how Move By/Move Through Work in 6E...

the prices in 6E1 look to be the same as what is in 5th ed

so at least for now till a 6th ed version of the UMA is done

5th ed UMA will do unless it is some chi powers that you may want to do that might have changed would need to be redone under the 6E rules

Wait. You're telling me that after inflating the rules into two books, they didn't at least put the MA maneuvers in there?

Jeez. :rolleyes:

Martial arts are in the Character Creation book. But the expanded/extended list that can be found in the Ultimate Martial Artist book was not included. I think it's safe to assume that the upcoming 6e martial arts book will include them, and possibly many more.

Martial arts are in the Character Creation book. But the expanded/extended list that can be found in the Ultimate Martial Artist book was not included. I think it's safe to assume that the upcoming 6e martial arts book will include them' date=' and possibly many more.[/quote']

Thanks.

Without having to be specific, is the list in 6E the same as in 5E? Were any maneuvers removed/added?

the list of maneuvers in 5th ed and 6th ed are the same price and effects

till a 6th ed UMA or what ever they will call it

I'd say UMA is still valid till new rules come out for it

Take a look at 6E1 82 and 6E2 90-94...

If that doesn't work, you'll have to either grandfather MA maneuvers from 5E or wait for 6E UMA to come out...

the list of maneuvers in 5th ed and 6th ed are the same price and effects

till a 6th ed UMA or what ever they will call it

I'd say UMA is still valid till new rules come out for it

Given that there were no changes to the basic MA maneuvers and Steve has given no indication that he intends to change the extended maneuvers from UMA, I think you're pretty safe using the 5e UMA maneuvers.

While I didn't notice any changes between 5th and 6th edition basic martial arts, I couldn't find the cost for "+1 DC" in the 6th, although the rules for it are there.

Did anyone see the cost? If so, what is it, and where?

6E1 82. It's second from the bottom in the right-hand column of the table.

i like to built my own martial arts using a multipower pool. say a 30pt pool.

e.g.

Offensive Strike, +4D6 Damage, +2 OCV

Nerve Strike, 3D6 NND

Flying Kick, +4 OCV (to compensate for move-through penalties), 10pd instant(-1/2) (to reduce damage taken to self)

that kind of thing

i like to built my own martial arts using a multipower pool. say a 30pt pool.

e.g.

Offensive Strike, +4D6 Damage, +2 OCV

Nerve Strike, 3D6 NND

Flying Kick, +4 OCV (to compensate for move-through penalties), 10pd instant(-1/2) (to reduce damage taken to self)

that kind of thing

Interesting, but isn't that more expensive?

If you buy 5 maneuvers, your multi-power is now 30+5(3)=45 points.

You can buy almost all the maneuvers for that.

• 2 weeks later...

I know it's too late for this concern as the change is upon us, but this is the kind of thing I was worried about with the switch from 5th to 6th. I really hope you are able to do what you want without having to wait for a new book to come out. I for one do not intend to buy everything all over again.

Good luck.