Yet another character for review

MisterD

I have a water based character for review.

Breif origin. Holly winters was an investigator for the EPA. She hound a company that dumps toxic waste into a local river. The bad news was the company has also found Holly. The managed to find and destroy her proof before she could infor her superiors. They also sealed her in one of their barrels and dumped her in the river. A year later AQUA was born.

She needs 30 points in Disads, maybe a different group of skills and just some general reviews.

Aqua

Player:

Val Char Cost
20 STR 0
18 DEX 24
15 CON 10
10 BODY 0
13 INT 3
11 EGO 2
15 PRE 5
16 COM 3
10 PD 10
10 ED 7
4 SPD 12
11 REC 16
35 END 3
25 STUN 7
11" RUN012" SWIM06 1/2" LEAP0Characteristics Cost: 102

Cost Power END
Permanent Water Form
45 1) Body Of Water: Desolidification (affected by water, fire, cold attacks), Inherent (+1/4), Reduced Endurance 0 END (+1/2), Persistent (+1/2) (90 Active Points); Cannot Pass Through Solid Objects (-1/2), Always On (-1/2)
30 2) Physical Damage Reduction, Resistant, 50%
15 3) Energy Damage Reduction, Resistant, 25%
Aquatic Adaptation
5 1) Breathe Underwater: Life Support (Expanded Breathing)
3 2) Underwater Comfort: Life Support (Safe in High Pressure; Safe in Intense Cold)
3 3) Aquatic Movement: Environmental Movement (Water)
96 Water and Ice generation/Manipulation: Multipower, 40-point reserve, all slots: Affects Physical World (+2) (120 Active Points); Custom Modifier (Needs humidity; -1/4)
3u 1) Water Blast: Energy Blast 8d6 (40 Active Points) 4
3u 2) Fire Extinguisher: Dispel Fire Powers 10d6, One At A Time (+1/4) (37 Active Points) 4
2u 3) Watery Regeneration: Healing 3d6 (standard effect: 9 points) (max. Healed Points: 18), Can Heal Limbs (35 Active Points); Only when totaly submerged in water (-1/2) 3
1u 4) Dence Water: +10 STR (10 Active Points); No Figured Characteristics (-1/2) (Modifiers affect Base Characteristic) 2
3u 5) Ice Block: Entangle 3d6, 5 DEF (40 Active Points) 4
2u 6) Steam Blast: Killing Attack - Ranged 2d6 (30 Active Points); Limited Range (25") (-1/4), No Knockback (-1/4) 3
10 Hydor-Propulsion: Multipower, 10-point reserve
1u 1) +5" Running (11" total) (10 Active Points) 1
1u 2) +10" Swimming (12" total) (10 Active Points) 1
Powers Cost: 223

Cost Skill
3 Bugging 12-
3 Bureaucratics 12-
4 Computer Programming (Computer Networks, Personal Computers) 12-
3 Criminology 12-
2 KS: Environmental protection polocies 11-
2 PS: Environmental Protection agency water ways department 11-
6 +2 with Water/Ice attacks
Everyman Skills
0 1) Acting 8-
0 2) Climbing 8-
0 3) Concealment 8-
0 4) Conversation 8-
0 5) Deduction 8-
0 6) Paramedics 8-
0 7) Persuasion 8-
0 8) Shadowing 8-
0 9) Stealth 8-
0 10) TF: Custom Adder, Small Motorized Ground Vehicles [Notes: Custom Mod is Everyman Skill]
Skills Cost: 23

Cost Perk
2 Fringe Benefit: Local Police Powers
Perks Cost: 2

Total Character Cost: 350

Val Disadvantages
20 DF: Made of water (Not Concealable; Always Noticed and Causes Major Reaction; Detectable By Commonly-Used Senses)
20 Enraged: Facing Toxic-Waste dumpers (Uncommon), go 14-, recover 11-
15 Hunted: Eliminatrix Waste Management Lmtd. 8- (As Pow; Harshly Punish; PC has a Public ID or is otherwise very easy to find)
15 Phys. Lim.: Body made of water (All the Time; Slightly Impairing)
10 Psych. Lim.: Protective of natural water sources (Uncommon; Strong)
10 Psych. Lim.: Hunting Eliminatrix Waste Managment Lmtd. (Uncommon; Strong)
10 Reputation: Environmentally Conscious Heroine 11-
10 Vulnerability: 1 1/2 x STUN Fire/Heat attacks (Common)
10 Vulnerability: 1 1/2 x BODY Fire/Heat attacks (Common)

Disadvantage Points: 120

Base Points: 200

Experience Required: 30

Total Experience Available: 0

Experience Unspent: 0

PS: I lost the HERO BOARD template that reproduces the HERO charactersheet.

This concept looks like it should have an

END reserve, low base REC, +REC only with access to large amounts of water.

Hm... you have a 8d6 water blast, and an

8d6 ice blast? Why not just an 8d6 +1/4 variable FX (cold)? Personally, I'd put

reduced endurance on the water

abilities, and possibly x2 END on the ice.

An investigator probably needs some research skills... computer programming, bugging?

The multipower slots could use some tweaking, a 60 point pool, but most powers are in the 35-50 range ultras.

Not big enough to use the whole pool, but big enough to prevent you from using more than one slot at a time.

If you add some 10-25 point slots, you'd have something else to do with the rest of the pool.

Just a few thoughts,

Instead of steam power, which requires heat generation, why not have ice shards as a rka or even RKA Auto fire. Also, I understand that all of the powers in the MP have the advantage affect real world, but doesn't it have to apply to each of the slots, thus increasing each slot cost? Otherwise you get an unfair and amazing point cost savings.

Add conversation skill, KS environmental law, KS, investigation techinques, or PS investigator. Also maybe some access to water systems, computer systems, etc. as a gov't employee. And of course AK - water syatem and AK - sewer system (maybe that's just one AK)

JMHO

Originally posted by Captain Super

Just a few thoughts,

Instead of steam power, which requires heat generation, why not have ice shards as a rka or even RKA Auto fire. Also, I understand that all of the powers in the MP have the advantage affect real world, but doesn't it have to apply to each of the slots, thus increasing each slot cost? Otherwise you get an unfair and amazing point cost savings.

JMHO

I thought that with the APW Advantage on the MP All her abilities would affect the physical world.

Instead of putting the advantage on the Pool I have to put it on each slot?

Hrm... your hunted mentions 'public ID or easy to find', so why haven't you taken the public ID disad? ;)

Watched - civilians afraid of people lurking in their bathwater?

Should your Healing be able to work on others? Looks like a candidate for self-only. That'd mean you can't put ARW on the multipower pool though. But you can probably just make it a 120 point pool and only put ARW on the other slots anyway, since putting it on the pool isn't saving you any points.

I'm not sure how water leaps... you can buy it down to save a few points.

Then again... why aren't you using an EC - Water body? ;)

If she is permanently Desolid, affected by water, fire and cold attacks, why bother with Damage Reduction vs Physical Damage? Yes, in certain rare circumstances (eg Morningstar changes the Variable Advantage on his STR to Affects Desolid), she could take damage from a physical attack, but that SHOULD affect her IMHO.

I can't recall if being Desoloid automatically excludes NND attacks from working, if it does, I'd save the 30 points!

The reserve must have 120 points. The Limitation you have come up with is valid, so the actual cost is 96. You do need to buy the Advantage Affects Physical World for all the slots. The problem is that you will have attack powers with 120 Active Points, likely well in excess of the campaign limits.

How about Telekinesis, with the Affects Porous Advantage, so she can actually control water? What with the Affects Physical World one you'll need to add too, you won't get much TK STR, so it might not be worth it.

She is permanently water, but still on the police? Possible, especially in the DC universe.

I must admit I'd drop the idea of her being permanently Desolid, keep the Physical Damage Reduction (maybe bumping the ED one up, as Magmarock suggested) and then you might be able to lose the Affects Physical World need. Have one Water Blast with that Advantage, so she can still do something while she is Desolid. You'll still need to keep an eye on Active Points and keeping the power within the Multipower Reserve.

Originally posted by MisterD

120 for the pool.

How can I keep the character at 350 points?

I mean you buy a 120 AP reserve, and then apply limitations. You buy advantages for slots, but you can still buy limitations that affect the whole reserve. The reserve itself will cost the same. The slots, however, will cost more, and they will take more END.

To keep the character at 350 points, take another limitation on the reserve, or reduce the number of slots. You might want to do something about how much END 120 point powers cost too.