"The Inquision Is Come"

Silbeg

Re: "The Inquision Is Come"

I just thought up a twist or two that you could add. Well you could have a group called the Templars who are hot on their trail because this group are heretics. This could be played two ways. First' date=' its just a third party who th e heroes are competing against. If the templars get them then the inquistiton goes back to where their from. Or a npc could hook up to feed you pc information on the group. Another option would for mercenaies to go after the group. Again you could have a neutral party similar to Bullets Raiders, or for more agnst, actual evil villians, who of course are hired by a master villian who doesn't want to be killed by [i']these [/i]nimrods. :idjit:

Definitely an idea.

That reminds me... one of the events in the world that happened during the last game. A hero known as Chevalier du Nord, a Church sponsored superhero in Montreal was killed by The Inquisition, which caused the Pope to declare The Inquisition excommunicated.

As event proceed, it is my plan to have the Church put together a squad to go after The Inquisition... but not sure yet what that would look like. I am kind of thinking that the Templars would not be a good choice for the name of this... as the Templars are still seen as heretics. However, a group called The Crusade might work... assuming the Pope calls a crusade against The Inquisition...

hmmm

With that then, the PCs might need to try to get info from the Catholic Church. Having the Pope himself say this Inquisition is "excommunicated" as opposed to disavowing them as having anything to do with the Church/claiming they've misappropriated the term for this twisted agenda might lead them to think that Catholic higher-ups know more than they're letting on about this group...

With that then' date=' the PCs might need to try to get info from the Catholic Church. Having the Pope himself say this Inquisition is "excommunicated" as opposed to disavowing them as having anything to do with the Church/claiming they've misappropriated the term for this twisted agenda might lead them to think that Catholic higher-ups know more than they're letting on about this group...[/quote']

Interesting... I hadn't thought of it that way. Very fitting though.

I do think that this thread is going to be interesting... though I am having some difficulty describing the rather graphic events that are caused by The Inquisition. Been rereading sections of Dark Champions and Ultimate Skill to give clues.

One hard issue is keeping the mystery alive with characters that have very acute senses, as well as a super-mage that could create spells such as retro-cognition. To some extent, it requires a different level of preparation... or better "winging it" skills. ;)

With that then' date=' the PCs might need to try to get info from the Catholic Church. Having the Pope himself say this Inquisition is "excommunicated" as opposed to disavowing them as having anything to do with the Church/claiming they've misappropriated the term for this twisted agenda might lead them to think that Catholic higher-ups know more than they're letting on about this group...[/quote']

Well, naturally the Roman Catholic Church knows more than it's saying about these yahoos, especially if the Inquisition was (or still is) a covert strike team. And the RC Church always puts its reputation before the truth, even at the expense of innocents.

Interesting... I hadn't thought of it that way. Very fitting though.

I do think that this thread is going to be interesting... though I am having some difficulty describing the rather graphic events that are caused by The Inquisition. Been rereading sections of Dark Champions and Ultimate Skill to give clues.

One hard issue is keeping the mystery alive with characters that have very acute senses, as well as a super-mage that could create spells such as retro-cognition. To some extent, it requires a different level of preparation... or better "winging it" skills. ;)

Speak with Dead comes to mind as well

Well' date=' [i']naturally[/i] the Roman Catholic Church knows more than it's saying about these yahoos, especially if the Inquisition was (or still is) a covert strike team. And the RC Church always puts its reputation before the truth, even at the expense of innocents.

The thing is, the very fact the word "excommunication" is used implies that this Org. is/was Catholic (and the Church knows that). There's a lot of @#$! in the world today, say like Fred Phelps. Someone like the Pope could speak out against him, but he can't excommunicate him because Phelps isn't Catholic.

So, if this particular Inquisition does have Catholic origins/backing, then the Pope of this game world has just unleashed a potential metaphorical bombshell -- that they actually knew and are willing to admit about these guys (which isn't usual standards & practices in our world ;)).

If they're not Catholic though, then there's one VERY muddy red herring right here...

I can't be the only one who thought of the "European Enemies" villain' date=' can I?[/quote']

Hmm... well... probably been several years since I have cracked that book open... so...

Well, at least now I have some reading material to peruse ;)

Well to expand on my last post, you could call then the Order of Ehud. Now Ehud was a judge who used his left hand to kill a king, Og if I remember rightly. Now I heard that in the Jewish tradition, the Right of God is where all the blessings, mercy, kindness, come from. So by that logic, the Left hand is where the the rebuking, smiting, punishments, etc. come from. So the Order of Ehud is the Left hand of the Pope.

Well to expand on my last post' date=' you could call then the Order of Ehud. Now Ehud was a judge who used his left hand to kill a king, Og if I remember rightly. Now I heard that in the Jewish tradition, the Right of God is where all the blessings, mercy, kindness, come from. So by that logic, the Left hand is where the the rebuking, smiting, punishments, etc. come from. So the Order of Ehud is the Left hand of the Pope.[/quote']

I like that!!!

Of course, it would be a secret order, one that The Church does not openly admit to existing.

If I were to go further... it is even possible that the leaders of The Inquisition came out of this organisation, or something similar. The mind is spinning... hee hee

As for the character out of the old 4e European Enemies... not so much. Looked him up last night, and didn't really like him, especially as the leader of this organization. Not sure where I am going with this all, but I am trying to keep it interesting for the players.

FYI - I am currently planning the events for the next session, so the Order of Ehud is definitely come at the right time! They would be the sinister hand of the Pope (since that would be the left hand, eh?)

Specifically, when I said sinister, I was making a play on left hand (the original meaning of sinister), see: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sinister

Just saying.

Not 100% sure where all of this is going, but I am getting great help here. I am definitely going to be bringing ins some of this.

Thanks, I knew at some point left hand was associtated with the devil ! Maybe that's why I'm alittle devil :eg: Perhaps these leads to a split within the original order? The Order is still keeping with its original goals, a tool (weapon) to be used when required, and even conservately at that. And the Inquisiton is taking matters into their own hands? There is a reason why vengence belongs to the Lord. :)