everything

hi everybody, this is my first post. im pretty new to message boards in general as well the few i tried werent very friendly. but this place seems neat.

i have about 5 5e games under my belt and already ordered 6e

i have quite a few how to build questions but i dont want to waste peoples time so i was wondering if there was a compilation of how to build threads or something so that i dont have repeats.

by the way most of the time i can be quite scatterbrained so you will have to forgive me. oddly enough i can string together a story with a decent flow when i put my mind to it.

Re: everything

There's no compilation of threads on building stuffs - but we don't mind repeats. Sometimes we come up with new ideas to old questions. So don't be afraid to ask a question that may have already been asked. We won't mind.

If you just need a whole tonnage of example builds:

UNTIL Superpowers Database I and II (Superpowers)

Gadgets And Gear (Superpower equipment)

Fantasy Hero Grimoire I and II (Fantasy spells)

Enchanted Items (fantasy magical items)

Equipment Guide (mundane items from Fantasy, Modern and Sci-Fi genres)

Spacer's Toolkit (star hero/sci-fi equipment)

All of those are for 5E, the the Superpowers Database books are going to soon be replaced by the upcoming Powers books next year - the rest are further off, if coming at all.

Also--

Everything: a very large VPP plus a very Large Transform:Anything to Anything. should cover Everything quite nicely.

Well, if you click on the "Search" link in the toolbar near the top of this page, then choose "Advanced Search," you'll come to several menus and text fields to help you tailor your search. One of those menus is titled "Find Threads with Prefix," including "How To Build," enabling you to call up all threads with that prefix.

I just tried a board-wide search for that prefix, and came up with 725 threads; so you'd probably want to refine your parameters a tad. ;)

Everything: a very large VPP plus a very Large Transform:Anything to Anything. should cover Everything quite nicely.

Sorry, GA, but I have to disagree here. The easiest way is to just buy a large Extradimensional Movement. From where I am to Dimension where X exists. :P.

La Rose

Summon Base, with Megascale on the Summon to increase the hex size of the base, and make it big enough to include the observable universe.

We should write a source book for Godlike power. "The Ultimate Deity."

Lucius Alexander

The palindromedary notes that Lucius Alexander has already written up Omnipresence, Omniscience, Omnipotence, and Deus Absconditus...

hi everybody, this is my first post. im pretty new to message boards in general as well the few i tried werent very friendly. but this place seems neat.

i have about 5 5e games under my belt and already ordered 6e

i have quite a few how to build questions but i dont want to waste peoples time so i was wondering if there was a compilation of how to build threads or something so that i dont have repeats.

by the way most of the time i can be quite scatterbrained so you will have to forgive me. oddly enough i can string together a story with a decent flow when i put my mind to it.

My website has several articles on building powers and characters, and has hundreds and hundreds of sample characters from all sorts of media. Take a look here:

http://surbrook.devermore.net/index/

I wouldn't worry too much about duplicate threads, you won't get bashed for asking the same question someone else asked 3 years ago like on some boards. People that have been here awhile and have better memories than me will probably throw a link to the old thread.

One of the beauties of HERO is there are tons of ways of doing the same thing. You could ask the same question every week and no two threads would like exactly alike.

My one piece of advice, quickest road to a flamewar: Batman. Haven't figured out why he's such a touchy topic, but there it is :D