Best, Worst and Strangest Police Cars

Susano

Re: Best, Worst and Strangest Police Cars

While only a movie prop, how about a Saleen-modified Mustang for a police car? Sure, there's no black seats for putting people in, but it's just plain cool.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]34405[/ATTACH]

Note: Nothing suspicious about this. At all.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]34403[/ATTACH]

Or, alternatively, an East German Trabant, possibly the worst care ever made... jsut to be on the other end of the spectrum.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]34404[/ATTACH]

I like the treaded SUV. I could see a vehicle like that in off-road chase scenes with snowmobiles. I could also imagine seeing the treads change to wheels in a super spy Dark Champions setting. Very cool find.

I have trouble with that Dodge Viper. The humongous light bar can't be good for aerodynamics. What a drag! (Hehe, drag...yeah *sigh*) Wasn't there an old television series that featured a Dodge Viper used to fight crime? I think the show was actually called "Viper".

I feel sorry for any officer who has to show up in a VW Beetle. They are going to have such a hard time in being taken seriously. That has my vote for "Worst Police Car".

I feel sorry for any officer who has to show up in a VW Beetle. They are going to have such a hard time in being taken seriously. That has my vote for "Worst Police Car".

I've found a gun at the hip helps me take police officers very seriously. I've never understood people who have difficulties with this.

I've found a gun at the hip helps me take police officers very seriously.
Touché. But I believe that to be the case with just about anybody with a gun on the hip. ;)

I've never understood people who have difficulties with this.
No difficulty here. I meant no disrespect to our police. I regard them with the highest esteem whether they are armed or not.

I regard them with the highest esteem whether they are armed or not.

Hmm I feel quite the opposite. I've found the majority of people that had no clue what they wanted to do with their life, and no ambition to accomplish anything became cops, as always your experiences may differ and if you'd like to keep them in high esteem, may I suggest you avoid the states of Florida and New York.

not sure if its still true, but the Berlin PD is also a Bundeswehr reserve equivilant unit, and has Leopard tanks in its TO&E, so a friend of mine built a Leopard 1 and fitted it with a lightbar etc kit from a police car model, and POLIZEI lettering on the roof and sides, the Berlin Brigade also uses a really distinct square block camo scheme

this is the same guy who painted up a Snark Missile and Transporter in UPS colors

police_car.jpg

I just can't bring myself to pull over for a Cop Car that I could backhand with a copy of Fred and probably knock it 360 degrees.

~Rex

However, that could go down most of the streets in athens as opposed to anything full sized. They're pretty roomy on the inside, I'd be cramped, but I know someone 6'2" who drives one.

• 2 weeks later...

Kind of reminds me of an episode of Top Gear where the lads had like 1000 Pounds to purchase a used car and convert it into a cheap police car.

Image.jpg

topgear1.jpg

Here are the three items...

Jeremy_Clarkson%27s_Top_Gear_Fiat_Police_Car.jpg

This is a Fiat, complete with Bodicea-inspired wheel spikes to take out the wheels of another car. Built by Jeremy Clarkson.

2714105435_2390f09f09.jpg

A Suzuki Grand Vitara, complete with lots of blue flashies and a spiked tire trap on the front. Built by Richard Hammond.

James_May%27s_Top_Gear_Lexus_Police_Car.jpg

Lexus sedan done up with police colors, and an ice cream van-inspired siren. Built by James "Captain Slow" May.

Obviously, none of the cars made the mark in the show, but still... was fun to watch...

----------------

Now playing: The Cure - Faith

via FoxyTunes