05. Off Topic – Harem

MistWing

This is not only off topic, it’s likely in the wrong area. I couldn’t figure out where to put this, so I decided to put the basic question here and let the moderator decide whether to allow it, or to have it moved elsewhere, or to moved to e-mail.

Basically, my group is going to (hopefully) start a mini-game which may grow to a longer running game. Tia (the hopeful GM) has been planning this for some time, but every time she tries to start it, some RL thing interferes. So, she’s ready to try again.

Back when she first proposed this game, we had just finished a scenario in our main game and a lot of those events were still fresh in our minds. One consequence of this was that my character in Tia’s game was going to have a harem of eight women (not my idea BTW). So, my problem is... I have to make these characters. Making one or two characters is not that big of a problem. Having to make 9 characters, is. In addition, everyone in the group has provided input regarding aspects I should include (appearance, personality, skills, that sort of thing). They can get away with this since they’re going to help run them (each player will take one of them as a secondary character).

So, I’m asking for any help in this. If this topic is allowed to remain and if anyone is interested, I can provide additional information about what was requested.

Thanks

MistWing SilverTail

Options are:

DNPCs: No hard stats necessary, just some RP details. They will get into situations or otherwise inconvenience you.

Followers: Build a low point normal base form, using the multiplier rules to double twice for 8 of them. Make minor changes for each as exceptions from the base, adding up to the same total.

Contacts: If they have useful abilities that you can tap for an ingame effect and they dont hang around with you all the time buy them as Contacts.

Favors: nuff said

As the SFX of extra PRE: Pimp Daddy: +2 Presense, OAF: Harem Girl; 1 Real Cost plus +2 Presense, OAF: Harem Girl; 1 Real Cost (and so on 8 times). If somebody attacks one of the girls, use the normal Focus rules. If they take Body (and they almost certainly will) they lose their one "Power" and are destroyed. GM's discretion whether they can be repaired or not.

Originally posted by Killer Shrike

As the SFX of extra PRE: Pimp Daddy: +2 Presense, OAF: Harem Girl; 1 Real Cost plus +2 Presense, OAF: Harem Girl; 1 Real Cost (and so on 8 times). If somebody attacks one of the girls, use the normal Focus rules. If they take Body (and they almost certainly will) they lose their one "Power" and are destroyed. GM's discretion whether they can be repaired or not.

We should tell Steve to include "Pimp" as a Package Deal in Dark Champions.

JG

Well, if the others are going to play them, it suggests they are Followers, rather than Contacts or DNPCs.

I think KS has the measure of it. Make them all basically the same and just alter them a little. One might be particularly pretty, another is witty, one plays the harp, one is an artist, a good cook, etc. I'd give each of them at least a couple of different traits.

Don't forget Talents like Double-Jointed (hey, I just meant she might be a gymnast and entertain people - that isn't really much better is it?). Sorry. ;)

Oh, and KS - that was pretty darn good. :D

Originally posted by Killer Shrike

That is funny, but I'd just right it up at +X PRE, Restrainable (-1/2). It's only OAF if the whole thing goes away if th "focus" is taken or damaged.

Hmmm...if you are playing a pimp aren't they also points of wealth ,say 1 point each OAF? (can be taken with a Pimp skill or seduction roll)...Just template them start out with a "Basic human " and add a Skilled harem girl template to each...me, I want to play, but I'm waitin for the LARP......