Anyone running any online games?

Ragnarok

Re: Anyone running any online games?

So did we settle on a new Campaign name? And are we setting up a new thread with the campaign name?
I've settled on Dealer of Fate. I will be building a new thread for it, but I have been sick as a dog. I mean, on bed rest sick. Hit me out of the blue. I am just really happy it is probably going to be over by Thursday. Depending on how I feel in a few hours, I may just set it up then. I have a specific format I want to follow so I need to outline it for myself.

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nolgroth, per your request I am posting two of my character ideas. These are the ones that are finished. I can give you detailed character histories if you request them, but for now I thought I'd go with the short versions.

Marcus is an Avalonian spy, sent by His/Her Majesty to disrupt and gain intelligence on Montaigne/Castille colonies. He was born to a middle class Vaticine family, but quickly acquired fame as an absolutely phenomenal actor. His natural ability to influence others and fox-like cunning brought him to the attention of His/Her majesty's spy network and was commissioned to ply his trade across the sea.

Kaga is a Shadow Hunter, a mystical warrior of the Eastern Woodlands. Kaga is just an initiate, and currently the only mystical powers he has are magical tattoos, visible only to magesight, that are sort of marks of his rite of passage as acceptance. Kaga, though young, is an experienced hunter and talented with the bow, though he knows how to use his meteoric iron pipe tomahawk and knife to deadly effect as well. Kaga is currently traveling on a sort of spirit journey, trying to overcome enough challenges to earn more supernatural powers.

In both character concepts, I tried to think outside the box and make characters that were different in some way than what we already have. Marcus is almost exclusively a skills-based character, though he has some unarmed martial arts to help him out. I don't have enough points to do what I initially wanted with Kaga, so this is sort of the beginning of his metamorphosis. Magic pools and powers are just too expensive at this point in time.

Of the two, I think Marcus would be my top choice. I've never really played a skills-heavy character before. Plus, Kaga just seems incomplete at this point level.

Do new characters start out at 175/25 or does it match the current average xp level of the party, or perhaps does it match the current point total of the previous character?

Thanks. I'll take a look at those two. Just for clarification' date=' those are alternates in case Cael gets three feet of steel shoved through his guts.[/quote']

Yes. Or shot through the face. Or munched by a sea monster. Or atomized in a catastrophic explosion. Or....

General Update:

It has been a very busy couple of weeks. Between my work commitments, getting sick as a dog (recovering and feeling much better thank you very much) and my work with Daltwisney to get our macro situation worked out, it has seemed that I have had little time for campaign development.

In truth, while I have done little concrete note taking or character building, the campaign has been a predominant feature in my thoughts and considerations. I have played little games in my head, such as "Who or What would make a great arch-nemesis for ?" and "What should the next story arc be and how do I present the lead-in during the next session?" These thoughts have given me time to seriously ponder the campaign. I have determined some arch nemesis. Ones that play right into the group dynamic and should make for some interesting play. As to the next adventure and how to introduce it, haven't a clue! :)

As always, I have the skeleton ready and we'll flesh it out together come Thursday.

That sums up my "State of the Campaign" address. I'll now take a few questions from the press. :D

What relation does reverand Wright have to Lulu' date=' and does Cael have his green card?[/quote']Reverend Wright's involvement with the known terrorist "Lulu" has only recently come to light and is currently under intense scrutiny by top men. TOP men. Cael IS a green card. :D

Terrorist?! I think you mean Freedom Fighter. . .

--Divination--

Gypsy Intuition, or Second Sight.

Whispered around campfires, hushed tones in taverns, they speak of the Gypsy People. Usually insults. But some speak of the Gypsies ability to see the future without magic, at least any known kind of magic. It's said that only Gypsy women can get the Second Sight, the ability to read.

Divination is the art of reading through a medium; tea leaves, tarot, throwing stones, casting bones, the stars, crystal balls, mirrors, smoke, or in some more gruesome tales told using skulls, entrails, or blood. Every Gypsy has a different story of how their Reader works, many use more than one method. It is not a consistent thing, to Read an uncertain future. Many times it's vague, prophetic, or simply wrong. Sometimes it's frighteningly accurate, often these women possess wisdom beyond merely Reading into the future, an innate intuition about the world around them. Indeed the art of Divination includes simply being more perceptive than most, as much as it does trying to foretell a future that usually wants to be left in the shadows. The Gypsy will ask the question, divine the answer, and if you're lucky translate what she sees into a coherent sentence for you.

Mechanically - Divination is as much intuition as it is magic Non-specific, broad in scope, and usually accuracy is spotty at best. The Gypsy makes a Divination Skill Roll with their preferred method in hopes of getting an answer. Sometimes a question requires a specific method of Divination to get the correct answer - the further from a Gypsies preferred disciplines the ritual is the less likely an answer will come. (there's a reason Divination and Deduction are so close in the alphabet...)

Occasionally, it is said men get the Second Sight - usually they get locked in sanitariums, where they write lengthy tomes, get labeled prophets and a couple hundred years later someone slaps their forehead and goes "Oh! That's what he meant" - usually while standing in a large puddle of blood that likely could have been avoided had the prophet been just a little more clear on the subject. . .

I think we are in total ad lib, thread drift zone here. He was responding to my "taking questions from the press" comment above and threw out a couple of random questions. I, in turn, responded accordingly. ghost-angel, being the stodgy, old feller he is (:D ) brought us right back on topic with a Neat-O post about divination.

Speaking of strange events...

Just as Lulu/GA is bashing together his Tarot images...

http://forum.daz3d.com/viewtopic.php?t=140584

I just thought you might be interested GA, as you a a fair hand with Daz studio...

Edit: And here is the link to the first contest...

http://forum.daz3d.com/viewtopic.php?p=2161939

Also, I think it is finally time we upgraded MapTool to the current build. I see some interesting things for version 1.3b67 that I would like to have. I am going to download that version and test it with the campaign file to make sure that it works with all of our macros and whatnot. Once I feel that it works correctly I will go ahead and greenlight the update.

Also' date=' I think it is finally time we upgraded MapTool to the current build. I see some interesting things for version 1.3b67 that I would like to have. I am going to download that version and test it with the campaign file to make sure that it works with all of our macros and whatnot. Once I feel that it works correctly I will go ahead and greenlight the update.[/quote']Downloaded and tested the latest update. I cannot get it it successfully import and save the Colonial HERO campaign. I tried to go around this by exporting all the macro sets and then Importing them back into new tokens etc. This also did not work.

We are not upgrading at this time.

I really don't have time to get an adventure ready and track down the source of why the macros are no longer working. I'd rather game than troubleshoot at this point.