one for the browncoats with big wallets

shadowcat1313

Re: one for the browncoats with big wallets

Sure they will. People bought the $3' date='000+ life size Han Solo frozen in Carbonite. They use to have one on display at Enterprise 1701 in Orlando, FL.[/quote']

Maybe - but that was a lifesize movie prop-style thing. You'd have to be pretty hardcore to pay 2500 bucks for a foot and a half long model. That said, I don't doubt they'll sell some. I do doubt they'll sell out their planned run of 1000, though.

cheers, Mark

then again, the actual Book of G'Qan prop from Babylon 5 went for almost 50K, sold by Bablyon 5 productions itself with full paperwork, way too much money, then again never used earthforce grey uniforms went for close to 10K iirc, some props went cheap though, there were some Psycorps coffee mugs that sold for like 20 or 25

I'd rather have the Planet Express ship from Futurama--faster, sleeker and better-armed than the Serenity. Or one of the Naboo Royal starships from the Star Wars prequels--I like the classic styling, and if an eight-year old kid and a protocol droid can fly one, I figure I've got a better-than-average chance to fly one myself.

I'd rather have the Planet Express ship from Futurama--faster' date=' sleeker and better-armed than the Serenity. Or one of the Naboo Royal starships from the [i']Star Wars [/i]prequels--I like the classic styling, and if an eight-year old kid and a protocol droid can fly one, I figure I've got a better-than-average chance to fly one myself.
well... are you a Jedi? a very very very very gifted Jedi, one with a lot of (i tought never had to say it) midiclorine?

:P

well... are you a Jedi? a very very very very gifted Jedi, one with a lot of (i tought never had to say it) midiclorine?

:P

That's midichlorians--and Anakin wasn't a Jedi at that point, but he was very strong in the Force. I'd like to think I'm just as strong in the Force as any Jedi.

(Isn't self-delusion wonderful?)

I'd also like to think that even though I'm not fluent in six million forms of communication or revered as a god by a planet of primitive teddy bears, I'm just as capable of flying a starship as any protocol droid. (Although someone else would have to do the math for calculating hyperspace travel.)

I guess it's a matter of taste' date=' but I don't even think the Serenity is an attractive ship.[/quote']

I think that was part of the charm of the show and the point behind Mal's buying her.