Godzilla Haiku

shadowcat1313

Re: Godzilla Haiku

Personally these are neat and funny but I don't think I would call them haiku. They are funny in the fact that they are meant to amuse the reader with their very nature so I think senryu is more appropriate. When I think of haiku and think of the stylization of what Egyptoid posted earlier in this thread. BTW very good. most Haiku that I remember, and I could be wrong, does not flow in the unbroken manor that these do and they usually invoke a deeper thought into their meaning similar to Egyptoids. If he did not use godzilla in the haiku then it would really provoke thought on its meaning and IMHO be a stronger haiku. I do think these are amusing and fun to read and I don't really care about he semantics of wither they are haiku or not but for the purpose of this discussion I would say they are not.

The countryside shakes

Tiny women sing its name

lightning fills the sky

not sure how good it is but just my attempt at a very difficult art form.

Red