The best Superpet?

Bloodstone

I'm working on a new NPC and I'm thinking of giving her a pet.

Since said character is a little girl genius super hero, said pet will inevitably experience a radiation accident and/or become a cyborg.

I've got a list of ideas, some a bit more plausible than others but it really got me thinking...

In your opinion, what animal makes for the best superpet/mascot? Aliens and fantastic beasts are completely acceptable here.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: The best Superpet?

No.....no you may not. As it is well Known, DOGS, make the best Super Pet (Krypto), followed closely by some sort of Monkey, and then finally, Any one of the Herculoids......Turtle Winnebago's, are not on the list.

~Rex

Give her a genetic mixture, like a tigrhinophant or something?

Cyborg chimps and monkeys tend to lead to those sad little photos of them with wires sticking out of their craniums and the animal just looking confused at how things went so terribly wrong.

The comic, WE3, had some awesome cyberanimals including 2 dogs, a cat and a rabbit.

I would avoid any animal that has a lifespan normally measured in months, like hamsters and such. Of course powers could make a methuselah varmint.

I would be tempted to give her the (super)pet that she wants in reallife but you don't actually want to get.

Kittens work for little girls.

For added fun, make it a Sabre Tooth Tiger kitten.

Or, if you want to deal with sharks with lazer beams, a Light Sabre Tooth Tiger Kitten.

Have the kitten normally small enough to ride on her shoulder, but able to, at will, grow to a size large enough to ride.

Adding wings so it can fly while being ridden might be going too far.

Give her a genetic mixture' date=' like a tigrhinophant or something?[/quote']

Due to story considerations for this particular character, her pet needs to be something a little girl would realistically have before she got her super powers and also be small enough to travel on an international commercial airline without too much of a fuss.

The top runners are currently: Monkey, Crow/Parrot, Hedgehog, Cat, Dog

I rather like the hedgehog (did I mention she was raised in England?), but it's a pretty useless animal in the grand scheme of things. All the other animals are a lot more useful even before factoring in the "super" aspect.

I'm still interested in peoples thought about other super pets though (dinosaurs, mineature dragons, alien blobs, whatever).

It's not something I see talked about all that often.

Cyborg chimps and monkeys tend to lead to those sad little photos of them with wires sticking out of their craniums and the animal just looking confused at how things went so terribly wrong.

The comic, WE3, had some awesome cyberanimals including 2 dogs, a cat and a rabbit.

If the animal goes cyborg I'll try not to make it too creepy. Might have mostly internal enhancements, as opposed to looking like a Borg. Another option is that the animal will have a cybernetically enhanced brain, but be decked out in power armor.

WE3 was quite epic. Classic Morrison thining outside the box :thumbup:

I would avoid any animal that has a lifespan normally measured in months, like hamsters and such. Of course powers could make a methuselah varmint.

Yeah, but super powers/cybernetics could extend that considerably :)

I would be tempted to give her the (super)pet that she wants in reallife but you don't actually want to get.

Huh? :nonp:

Have the kitten normally small enough to ride on her shoulder, but able to, at will, grow to a size large enough to ride.

Adding wings so it can fly while being ridden might be going too far.

That's an odd suggestion for someone to make to me...

My namesake character was a elven fighter/mage/thief back in 2E D&D.

She had a familiar that was a Tressym/Change Cat half-bread named Phoebus.

So it was a winged housecat that could talk and grow in size.

Yeah' date=' sorry, I meant [b']you[/b] want but don't really want to have to deal with. Tried to edit and my sig overlapped the sentence.

Oh, it would definitely be a cat of some kind then. I'm horribly allergic to the little beasts, but I love 'em dearly :(

She could get a naked mole rat. Or maybe a ferret. What about a fox? Veloci-fox!

Naked Mole rat is probably just a bit too Kim Possible.

Ferret was also under consideration, but I forgot to put it in the list :o

Raccoon was up there too, but was nixed due to being a bit difficult to obtain in England.

Fox had not been considered, but perhaps should be...

I rather like the hedgehog (did I mention she was raised in England?), but it's a pretty useless animal in the grand scheme of things. All the other animals are a lot more useful even before factoring in the "super" aspect.

tumblr_kyet1nzC7X1qb1cd3o1_500.png

tumblr_kybe8xW3th1qb1cd3o1_500.jpg