Should I?

JmOz

Excuse the stream of contiousness

One of my players has created the Cosmic Specter, an homage (RIP OFF) of Space Ghost...So anyways I posted the term "Legal Eagle" and it got me thinking about things...namely BIRDMAN

So I am thinking about making a character Named Legal Eagle as an homage of Birdman...

Just as kind of a little joke...

Debating it

Re: Should I?

I wouldn't do it as a regular PC. It's been my experience that characters that exist solely to make a joke of some sort don't last long in extended play. As a recurring NPC or a bit of game-world background flavor' date=' sure.[/quote']

Yes this would be an NPC, thinking a public ID Lawyer/Superhero, who just happens to have wings, and solar powers

try it you might have a running,or in this case flying gag about the hero wanting to change his codename

personally i pr4fer clasic birdman to harvey birdman anyday

I actualy LIke both, same with Space Ghost and SGCtC, so I think if I do it it will be taking ideas from both (Legal Eagle will be a lawyer with similar powers, but done somewhat seriously)

I created Dragon Kite, a mutant brick

with enough strength (35) to achieve muscle powered flight with a set of kite wings

with a force field produce from his backpack that smears and leaves a force wall behind as Dragon Kite moves

with scaled kevlar armor

with a full helmet with crystal camera eyes for spectrum frequency scans and telescopic vision, radio hearing, and life support in an extended jaw.

He carries a tazer and is a gadgeteer.

Dragon Kite is a police officer and a registered super hero.

So I have been working on Legal Eagle in the back of my head, and I have come to the following thoughs

Real Name pending, but he was a hero in the 60's, and while he ages slowley he grew weary of the super Hero lifestyle in the mid 80's. As such he "retired", but he found that he still wanted to help people, he became a lawyer, because of his unique experiences he specilised in Meta human law. He financed his Law School via writing a memoir about his days as a superhero.

He is one of the chief proscecutors of super villains, and defendends of superheroes in the campeign city.

While aspects will be based on Birdman (Both versions), I am not going to be playing him so much for laughs as a serious retired hero

No, but I got to thinking about Daredevil and She Hulk, and how it seems they are always the lawyer when a hero needs one...So decided to do something similar, but wanted some logic behind it, so decided to make him an expert on meta law...it makes sense to me =)...and I realise that as this is being posted at midnight local you probably were joking and took you seriously, so I leave this here to forward my ideas about this character

So I have been working on Legal Eagle in the back of my head, and I have come to the following thoughs

Real Name pending, but he was a hero in the 60's, and while he ages slowley he grew weary of the super Hero lifestyle in the mid 80's. As such he "retired", but he found that he still wanted to help people, he became a lawyer, because of his unique experiences he specilised in Meta human law. He financed his Law School via writing a memoir about his days as a superhero.

He is one of the chief proscecutors of super villains, and defendends of superheroes in the campeign city.

While aspects will be based on Birdman (Both versions), I am not going to be playing him so much for laughs as a serious retired hero

This actually sounds really cool. Will you be posting the write up when you get around to it?

It would make for an interesting plot line if your pc's had to deal with the consequences of their actions with Legal Eagle as their attorney. You might want to go so far as to not have it be a jury of their peer, but of their enemies and their lives hinge on the verdict.

It would make for an interesting plot line if your pc's had to deal with the consequences of their actions with Legal Eagle as their attorney. You might want to go so far as to not have it be a jury of their peer' date=' but of their enemies and their lives hinge on the verdict.[/quote']

Batman: TAS had an episode like that. The criminals took over Arkum Asylum and held a trial for Batman with all of them blaming him for their misfortunes and even some of their mental conditions and obsessions. I think Joker was the Judge with Harlequin as the bailiff and Two-face, of course, as the prosecuting attorney, and several others acting as witnesses. In the end Joker actually found him not guilty but sentenced him to death anyway.

That episode was about the lawyer defending Bats, who came to realise that the obsessions may have been something else if not for bats, but in the end they would have all still been in AA and causing problems...