Western Hero: Jonah Hex movie

Steve

Re: Western Hero: Jonah Hex movie

I'm not a big JH fan, but the trailer seems to be a far cry from what I do remember. I'm guessing they just borrowed the name and then made a movie as usual.

Still...looks like it will be a fun movie.

Well, his name is Jonah Hex.... They got the facial visuals right (except Jonah's hair is blonde, and his right eye is lidless, but I can forgive those details)... It's set in the Fantasy Action/Adventure Old West, so the violence will fit. The gadgets are brand-spankin' new, but hey, a horse with twin mounted miniguns and a repaeating dynamite pistol crossbow.. What's not to like? I'll be happy to go see it. It looks like a fun summer movie. Just keep telling yourself that in this story, Jonah Hex is a superhero. ;)

Well' date=' his name is Jonah Hex.... They got the facial visuals right (except Jonah's hair is blonde, and his right eye is lidless, but I can forgive those details)... [/quote']

IO think an eye with no lid would be one of the most difficult, not to mention unhealthy and dangerous to the actor and his doubles, of cinema prosthetics to pull off. In the real world, an eye that has no lid would stop working in short order because it would get dry and contaminated.

It's set in the Fantasy Action/Adventure Old West, so the violence will fit. The gadgets are brand-spankin' new, but hey, a horse with twin mounted miniguns and a repaeating dynamite pistol crossbow.. What's not to like? I'll be happy to go see it. It looks like a fun summer movie. Just keep telling yourself that in this story, Jonah Hex is a superhero. ;)

Didn't Hex play some small role in the Crisis on Infinite Earths?

IO think an eye with no lid would be one of the most difficult, not to mention unhealthy and dangerous to the actor and his doubles, of cinema prosthetics to pull off. In the real world, an eye that has no lid would stop working in short order because it would get dry and contaminated.

There have been plenty of prostheses that are similar. The actor's eye would be covered though.