Top Posters In This Topic

• Ragitsu

• Certified

• tkdguy

• Clonus

Re: Ctrl+V

Spellsword

63% Combativeness, 40% Sneakiness, 74% Intellect, 50% Spirituality

Aggressive, but with the brains to back it up: You are a Spellsword!

Score! You have a prestige class. A prestige class can only be taken after you've fulfilled certain requirements. This may mean that you're an exceptionally talented person, but it probably doesn't.

Spellswords combine arcane might with combat know-how. They're much tougher than mages, like to wear armor, and can cast spells through their weapons. They're very, very, good at doing lots of damage to a single target very quickly, and while not quite as tough as most fighters, are still pretty hard to kill.

You're both smart and aggressive, which means that you're probably pretty dangerous when pissed off. You also tend to be somewhat straightforward, which is nice, and don't have much use for spirituality or mysticism.

"We could do with something at the docks to keep the Feds running according to their own laws. That is, without definite proof of what the illness is, they should turn the herd back, but they might take it into their heads to do something else. So we could do with some way to guide their decisions, or distract them into worrying about something else."

Physics Equation Developed to Explain Impossible Soccer Kick

By John Farrier on Sep 3, 2010 at 8:51 am

At a 1997 soccer match, Roberto Carlos scored a goal against the French national team that seemed physically impossible. The ball seemed to curve around the French players. Physicists couldn’t explain the ball’s movement:

A group of French scientists, perhaps desperate to prove that at least the laws of physics weren’t actively rooting against their national team, have been able to figure out the trajectory of the ball and, with it, an equation to describe its unusual path.

It all comes down to the fact that, when a sphere spins, its trajectory is a spiral. Usually, gravity and the relatively short distance the ball travels cover up this spiral trajectory, but Carlos was a mere 115 feet away and kicked the ball hard enough to reveal its true spiral-like path. As you can see in the diagram above, the ball would have kept spiraling if gravity (and the netting) hadn’t gotten in the way.

At the link, you can see a video of the kick.

“Pssssst, Linc,”

“What,” I say. My best friend Eric has a habit of whispering to me at the most inopportune times. For example, here we are taking a major geometry test in Old Man Burns’s class, and he’s whispering to me.

“We’re still on for tonight, right?” he questions.

“Yeah … now shut up before Burns hears,” I reply.

Sometimes I just don’t know about Eric. He’s so weird, but, then again, everyone here is weird. Look at Old Man Burns sitting at his desk flipping through the newest National Geographic. Who’d ever guess that he does what he does. Not that he knows that I know. When I took that dare to follow him to his home so I could T.P. it, I never thought I’d find what I found.