Ctrl+V

Ragitsu

"When men strive together, and hurt a woman with child, so that there is miscarriage, and yet no harm follows, the one who hurt her shall be fined according as the woman's husband shall lay upon him; and he shall pay as the judges determine. If any harm follows, then you shall give life for life, eye for eye, tooth for tooth, hand for hand, foot for foot, burn for burn, wound for wound, stripe for stripe."

• Replies 15.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ragitsu

• Certified

• tkdguy

• Clonus

PaleyFest 2011 Supernatural Panel
The topic: Misha's acting choices come back to haunt him - and Jensen shares a story of Misha's first day on set. FULL TEXT (courtesy of Liana Bekakos @ http://eclipsemagazine.com/television...)

MAUREEN: Any one else want to give a do-over?

MISHA: Sure, I have one. In the first episode where Castiel shows up and he's trying to communicate with Dean and in so doing his angelic voice is exploding television sets and breaking windows... I, being the consummate guest star that I am, thought that I would do this really [demonstrates voice] deep, gravelly, commanding, kick-ass, window-breaking voice. [normal voice after slight hesitation] I may be running into medical problems now. It has been brutal on my throat. So yeah... regret. What would be nice is if somehow Castiel has a tank of helium with him, and he [inhales] and then he talks like I do normally.

JENSEN: I remember when we filmed that scene and it was the first time he came in and I worked with him. He went into... this voice and this spiel. After the first take, I turned to our camera department and [incredulously] 'what is he doing?!' [draws in a breath through clenched teeth feigning disbelief] 'did he audition?!' [laughter] But he knows that, I've told him about this.

JARED: Yeah, he said the same thing to me, 'cause I didn't have a scene with (Misha). I asked, 'hey, how's the new guy?'

JENSEN: Really nice! But what the hell is he doing on camera? 

JARED: He's strange! He's not a bad actor, obviously... he's just ... really strange. And so we walk past him and (Jensen) is [acting out a nudge on the arm] 'I think he's in character, look, look' [the panel and the audience go into uncontrollable laughter; Jared turns to Misha to ask if he was in character at the time, but Misha shakes his head unable to remember] I remember specifically one moment that he was standing behind the grip truck eating something, must have been yogurt or granola or something. We walk past going from Stage 3 to our trailers and Jensen (taps the arm) says 'there he is' and we both sort of do this [acting out avoidance]

JENSEN: There's the freak.

JARED: And Misha has a very pensive look about him, even when he's relaxing. "Yeah, yeah, looks like he's thinking or something."

JENSEN: And / or on the toilet. But I will say that his consistency in that character has been--

JARED: --his saving grace! (chuckles) 

JENSEN: It's really grown on me. [reaching over and patting Misha on the knee, in all seriousness] Nice job, buddy!

I've only seen one episode so far, but I love it so far.  No moe little girls, no slapstick, no panty shots and that the narrator is a high school student is only given passing acknowledgement. He isn't the lead.  The morbidly misanthropic oujo-sama amateur detective is the lead and an actual adult, if in some ways a rather childish one.  And the adjective in the title isn't inappropriate.  The show is about someone who sees beauty in mortal remains and shows us the beauty she sees without shying away from the actual decay process.  This is a show that could only be done in animation and makes the most of the unique strengths of the medium without anything more fantastic happening than in any "police consultant" TV series.

Than when the republic party dies, when the Christian values die, when traditional American morals die, watch the liberals turn on themselves and eat each other.

What you're implying is that we cannot get rid of, or even question, bigotry that has taken on the aura of tradition without risking those values that do make sense. That was disproved when Martin Luther King overturned the traditional value of racism. That was disproved when the Founding Fathers overturned the traditional value known as the Divine Right of Kings. That was disproved when Jesus overturned the traditional value of hatred of the Samaritans (or did you think the Parable of the Good Samaritan was just a wonderful story that did not contain any criticism of the traditional Pharisaic values of the time?).