Time Traveller in 1928

Escafarc

Re: Time Traveller in 1928

just a run of the mill crazy lady. We used to have those before people started to use bluetooth headsets. Now with everyone talking aloud to "noone" everyone either looks insane or like they have a bluetooth headset.

Of course, this being Hollywood, there are people auditioning for parts. It could be this person was rehearsing a scene where she's talking on the telephone. She just happened to be rehearsing while walking somewhere (perhaps to said audition) and was using some object as a prop.

Of course' date=' this being Hollywood, there are people auditioning for parts. It could be this person was rehearsing a scene where she's talking on the telephone. She just happened to be rehearsing while walking somewhere (perhaps to said audition) and was using some object as a prop.[/quote']

Aw, you're no fun.

A reasonable explanation?

What is the world coming to?

Aw, you're no fun.

A reasonable explanation?

What is the world coming to?

Whoops! Sorry about that. :o

What the person was holding doesn't match 1928 telephones though.

1928.jpg

old-telephone.jpg

Yeah' date=' well, she couldn't go walking down the street talking into one of those things as she goes. That would be just SILLY.[/quote']

True. Props don't need to be accurate; they just need to be useful (and convenient) enough for the people who need them.

Okay, I'll shut up now. :hush:

Is anyone taking this hoax seriously? I mean even if you want to dismiss the fact that there were no satelites in 1928, do you seriously expect me to believe that a time traveler/actress would cover themselves up on a bright sunny day and then walk right in front of a camera!? A time traveller taking the effort to hide his identity wouldnt do something so stupid, and NO actress would cover her face in front of a camera in Hollywood. This is beyond stupid.

just a run of the mill crazy lady. We used to have those before people started to use bluetooth headsets. Now with everyone talking aloud to "noone" everyone either looks insane or like they have a bluetooth headset.

I said the same thing after someone on facebook posted it.

Yeah' date=' it CAN be a great pulp plotline. I just hate the meme of looking at old photos and misinterpreting what is seen there. People can be really stupid.[/quote']

But what about when you see photos of a time that you know was black and white, and then someone has a color photo from the era. It's clear proof of time traveling anachromatic particles..

Actually Color Photography was invented before most people realize it existed. It's like seeing color WWII photographs and Motion pictures. We aren't used to seeing it, but the technology DID exist even if it wasn't used as much as B&W was.

Now if I see a Color Photo from the Civil war (that wasn't a B&W photo that was painted to make it Color), that would make an impression. Otherwise, I would have to see extraordinary proof.