Inspiration for Dark Champions protective gear

Escafarc

Re: Inspiration for Dark Champions protective gear

It's good, but it's not bullet proof. Notice how they always hit it with a distributed force, except (sort of) during that cone thing. I figure it would be great for stopping a baseball bat or a tire iron, but not much use against a knife or a machete. Or a gun.

I'd say 4-6 non-resistant PD, and maybe 2-3 resistant with a Only Vs. Distributed Forces limitation of some kind.

On the upside, it is fairly cheap, at about 650 USD for a full suit (minus the helmet).

Intriguing!

The benefits seem to be against blunt force, like punches, or getting hit with a stick. Even more than that, the real benefit might be general protection that lets the wearer do things like hit the ground without worrying about hurting himself (as shown in the demo). In a tactical situation that might be every bit as helpful as a bulletproof vest.

Definitely have to remember this for the new Dark Champions -- wish I'd heard of this while I was writing HSEG.

That's a damn good idea -- sports protective gear. For a contact sport like football' date=' I suppose the question is, how much does it hurt for two guys wearing the stuff to impact one another?[/quote']

I would think less than two guys not wearing it hitting one another... ;)

• 2 weeks later...