Forest Giant Spells

quozaxx

I recently decided to have my group encounter a Forest Giant. I want to use the Magical version of him from 6th Edition Beastary.

It has "Forest Giant Magic" 55 points worth. MPs are allowed in this campaign, but VPPs are rare.

So for a 55 point (and thus 55 Active points, plus Limitations) what spells would fit in a Forest Giant's MP?

Note: I already thought of Summon: Forest creatures, and Entangle (from the trees).

Please note: these character are just starting out and are helping "normal" npcs. So, please nothing too powerful.

Re: Forest Giant Spells

There are some Giant Magic spells in the Grimoire.

Some other ideas:

Tree Form - a Forest Giant can either turn into or disguise themselves as a large tree: Shape Shift (Sight, Touch, Smell, Hearing).

The Forest Is My Eyes; Clairsentience, only through the eyes of forest creatures (mobile perception too).

Regen linked to rapid plant growth?

Definitely some Change Environments; reduce movement, perception, etc.

Invis / Chameleon power - blends into the forest.

Maybe something that can decay natural armors / weapons - wood and leather. Maybe even rusting metal armor via moss growth.

I'm still working from 5er and I haven't seen the write up of this guy but if he doesn't have some kind of 'Desolid - Only to pass through plant matter' power then he should. Even with Environmental Movement I'd expect a Giant to struggle in woodland, (or leave a trail of destruction), without magical assistance.

Weather control in the form of Change Environment might be useful too e.g. to put out forest fires or to make sure that a particular 'crop' of trees is growing well. Change Environment could also be used to make things difficult for people to travel through the forest without actually Entangling them all. (Edit. I see that Kraven Kor beat me to it on this one. So I second his motion).

Giving the Giant the ability to wrap a patch of sylvan Darkness around himself seems fitting aswell, and it could make him more frightening by preventing the players from realising what he is straightaway.

A spell of Enhanced Senses could also be useful - allowing the Giant to track the party down by smell alone or hear their footsteps a thousand yards away.

Wall of Thorns (an entangle or Force Wall with a triggered Blast or Killing attack on contact)

Master of Undergrowth: (Teleport, only in dense foliage or heavy forests)

The Green Thumb: (change environment or Transform to cause healthy/new plant growth, possibly megscale. This could be useful for rejuvinating large groves of edible plant life)

Friend of the Oak (Summons a Treant)

Sense Plant life (self explanatory)

Skin of Bark: (armor or force field, requires touching a life tree to activate the spell)

Earthgift: (Aid to variable effects, one at a time. It increases the effects of herbs. For example, if a special herb found in nature can provide 1D6 healing when properly prepared, Earthgift will increase the potency of the healing effect based on the Aid roll)

There are some Giant Magic spells in the Grimoire.

Some other ideas:

Tree Form - a Forest Giant can either turn into or disguise themselves as a large tree: Shape Shift (Sight, Touch, Smell, Hearing).

The Forest Is My Eyes; Clairsentience, only through the eyes of forest creatures (mobile perception too).

Unfortunately I don't have Grimoire. I'm waiting for the newer one to get off those printers! Sigh.

Remember Heracles and the giant Antaeus?

Strength of Antaeus: (Total: 45 Active Cost, 18 Real Cost) +10 STR (10 Active Points); Limited Power Proportional to conact with Earth; half power if standing, full power if prone (-1/2), Limited Power Cannot switch points out of slot if not in contact with the ground (-1/2), Limited Power Loses extra STR, and regular STR drops to 15, if not in contact with ground (-1/2) (Real Cost: 4) plus +20 REC (20 Active Points); Limited Power Proportional to conact with Earth; half power if standing, full power if prone (-1/2), Limited Power Cannot switch points out of slot if not in contact with the ground (-1/2), Limited Power Loses extra REC, and regular REC drops to 2, if not in contact with ground (-1/2) (Real Cost: 8) plus Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2) (15 Active Points); Conditional Power Power Only Works While Character Is Touching The Ground (-1/4) applied to STR (Real Cost: 6)

Lucius Alexander

Wrestling a palindromedary

Forest Giants only really need a few spells:

Reduce Stumpage Fees

Reduce Required Replanted Acreage

There's Quite Enough Money For Forestry Research Already

Flood? What Flood?

No Municipality for You!

Subsidies Will Save Jobs!

You Want to Buy My Timber Rights At This Price

And, frankly, a few timely political donations work way better than magic.